+4
Freathy
akagreengull
Czarcasm
Grovehill
8 posters
AuthorMessage

another home game we did not win. Empty
PostSubject: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Fletcher still not managed back to back wins after over a year in charge and one home win out of five, that sort of record would get him sacked at any other club. but as long as he is cheap enough and we dont get relegated,hes got a job for life with our village club
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:10 pm

Good performance today, it was only a piece of individual brilliance that saved Southend.

If you want Fletcher sacked on the back of today's performance, I'd say you were either on a wind-up or couldn't see the marked improvements across the team from previous home games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:12 pm

I did not go andy, i'm just judging him on his shocking record.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:16 pm

His record's not the best, but it's certainly not the worst, either. If the perfomance today is anything to go by, the team is getting to where it needs to be. We played good passing football, and made Southend (who WILL be a play-off chasing side, so help me Luggy) look second best for long stretches.

We're getting there, on the performances side of things at least. With the performances, the results will come. Maybe Fletcher isn't the clueless gimp some on here would like to portray him as. Certainly the quality of football is improving, something we were told would happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Not convinced at all andy, but i hope your right! after five years of total shite i just want a team that wins more than once a month. dont see that happening with fletcher and the banker running the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:42 pm

I would've taken a point before play today, a Luggy team is hard to beat (unless it's an Argyle Luggy!!)

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:44 pm

Funny, listening to the summariser on Radio Devon, Argyle were all over Southend, got the ball down and played some good football. According to him all that's needed is for the team to get two wins on the trot and they'll be well on there way. He also mentioned that we should remember Argyle were in Administration this time last year so we shouldn't expect too much.

He sounded like a sensible guy to me, pity he was totally unable to pronounce any word with "th" in it properly, and Kevin Webster from Corrie could give him elocution lessons.

Anyone know who he was? I assume Radio Devon were doing their bit for "Care in the Community" and just dragged along someone from Swilly?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:49 pm

It wasn't really inspiring today.

What I will say is that with the team squad and manager we have, a 1-1 at home to Southend today was pretty much a par score.

That seems to be where we are at this present moment in time.

We probably won't be relegated. We certainly won't be promoted.

Middle of the fourth division nothingness, unless something changes drastically in terms of guidance and funding.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 7:23 pm

I often listen to the Sparksy commentary while watching the game, I gave up today, could'nt stand listening to Chris Webb any longer, total green tinted crap being spoken, so that's who it was. So many chances missed today, really was two points thrown away, but due to our shite finishing and Southend coming back strongly, a draw was a fair result. For the life of me I did not understand taking off Majo, who looked consistently threatening, Feeney coming off made sense, totally ineffective in front of goal, Cowan hall looks consistently like the non league player he is. Gritthis looks sharp and useful but suffered from poor service. I'm afraid more evidence of poor tatical decisions by our rookie manager. Generally unispiring, I did'nt hear many positive comments from others as I walked back across central park either. No doubt the PASOTI flock will be getting estatic about the great revival. Bashera m.o.m?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 9:46 pm

I would agree with the 2 points lost comment. Southend were not better than us that's for sure and some of our play was good. Even the passing which has improved no end. We should have won this one comfortably but on several occasions just could not apply the finish. Purse got turned inside out for their goal but it was a great move by their player and even better finnish.

Positives? Well there were some. Madjo I like. Passing much better. Griffiths looks like he can do a job on the pitch and I want to see him start. PCH was not a non-league player look-a-like in my book and was quite lively. Bahsera had a good game and ATD's Williams also. Berry did well and Young and Hourahan were better this week. The only down side was not scoring more when we could have and putting Southend to bed. It was the finishing to blame rather than tactics or anything else for me today. At the moment it is frustrating rather than being afraid we will not be safe this term. If we learn to put a game out of reach then this side could just as easily take off and fly. And I never wore any green tints all day.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 1:06 am

2 points from 3 home matches isn't good enough. Clueless must be immediately sacked to give us a chance of survival. Fans of other clubs would not have to put up with this clueless idiot still being 'manager' with his record so why should we?

FLETCHER OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 10:03 am

Surely a pisstake

Quote :
Well what can i say....todays performance was absolutely fantastic.
There was not a player in a green shirt who had a bad game today,every player gave 100% and played well.
I must admit if we perform like today for the rest of the season we will be within the play offs easily.
Even though we did not get the three points it felt like it because of the way we played and the fantastic support.
Carl Fletcher is a great manager and we need to tie him down to a longer contract because he has worked miracles in such a short space of time.
The best football i have seen played at Home Park for a very long time.

Loved the passing football yesterday.... errrrrr......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 10:29 am

GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
Surely a pisstake

Quote :
Well what can i say....todays performance was absolutely fantastic.
There was not a player in a green shirt who had a bad game today,every player gave 100% and played well.
I must admit if we perform like today for the rest of the season we will be within the play offs easily.
Even though we did not get the three points it felt like it because of the way we played and the fantastic support.
Carl Fletcher is a great manager and we need to tie him down to a longer contract because he has worked miracles in such a short space of time.
The best football i have seen played at Home Park for a very long time.

Loved the passing football yesterday.... errrrrr......

I saw that last night Razz

From another "new" poster Suspect

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Greenjock on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 10:37 am

It's Fletch!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 10:39 am

Even Fletch ain't that screwed up.............................................. I hope. scratch
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 11:59 am

Did anyone catch the "passing game" yesterday, I went for a piss during the second half so may have missed it. confused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 12:18 pm

For the first time this season I saw a marked improvement . The Club is being rebuilt from the bottom up but we'll get there .
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 12:36 pm

Couldn't get to the game as I was stuck up in beautiful, sunny minehead ( the Quantox takes some beating) so don't really know if it was a good passing game or not. The various reports on the two boards leave me none the wiser as clearly people see things in different ways from "playing like Brazil" to "were utter shite" but the general consensus being we are improving. That has to be a step in the right direction, slowly slowly catchy monkey eh.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 2:35 pm

Seriously worrying that there are people out there who believe we were playing like Brazil, the reality was that we did play ourselves out of situations at the back rather than hoofing it at times, but there was still quite a bit of booting it aimlessly forward also. we should have won, Both teams should have scored more goals, our finishing is ineffective and our corner kicks are of consistently poor quality compared to other teams we play against. Both teams scored excellent goals, Southends particularly was class at league 2 level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 2:53 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
It's Fletch!

Never....his trade mark saying were not there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 3:01 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Seriously worrying that there are people out there who believe we were playing like Brazil, the reality was that we did play ourselves out of situations at the back rather than hoofing it at times, but there was still quite a bit of booting it aimlessly forward also. we should have won, Both teams should have scored more goals, our finishing is ineffective and our corner kicks are of consistently poor quality compared to other teams we play against. Both teams scored excellent goals, Southends particularly was class at league 2 level.
My thoughts exactly aka, we are not a good side anyone who watched argyle lose to portvale will tell you that, we are poor, fletcher got out of jail last week the players are lightweight and any half decent side will win at homepark, but i suppose we will stumble on until the majority realise we are not getting better and under the current amatuer setup we wont ,in most cases a decent team needs money investing in it,i just cant see speccy putting more than the bare minimum into his investment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 9:25 pm

You won't see "speccy" putting more than the bare minimum into his investment because he has consistently said he won't SS68 so that bit isn't really opinion or even speculation.

Any reference to playing like Brazil is obviously rediculous but there is no doubt in my mind that we have made improvements to what we were doing. It isn't the finished product by any means but our passing is a load better than it was and they are at least trying to play that way. There is always going to be an element of hoofing it forward in this league. Lets not get carried away that it is only Argyle who do this because that is blatantly not the case. Set pieces aren't great but did improve when Griffiths came on. At least he won the ball a few times in the air which hadn't happened much before. There still seems to be a lack of confidence at home though and until this is put to bed we will struggle to win games for a while. We won't lose as many though which may not be the greatest consolation there has ever been.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 7:34 am

we may not have won but at least we are starting to get better results.
the ONLY wasy the crowds will increase is to challenge for the top.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 7:58 am

Under carl the clueless drawing is the new winning
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: another home game we did not win.   another home game we did not win. Empty

Back to top Go down

another home game we did not win.
Page 1 of 1