Czarcasm
akagreengull
8 posters
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

What's happened to Pursey? Empty
PostSubject: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 2:05 pm

Was very impressed with the guy last seaon, but unfortunately Purse seems to losing or being robbed of the ball in front of goal on a regular basis, as yesterday, with an early goal the result. Don't know if age is a factor or maybe behind the scenes crap is affecting him, but he appears to be a shadow of himself. Time to give him a rest for a few games?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Maybe it's the company he's now keeping.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 2:25 pm

What's happened to Pursey?

Off the pitch he is hanging out with the wrong crowd
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 2:25 pm

You'd be mentally weak too if you had people you didn't like badgering you for attention all the time! I last saw him a week or two back pacing up and down the Tamar Bridge trying to work out how best to climb over the railings. As it was high tide, I told him that he'd likely survive the fall regardless and to come back later in the day. As I explained this, his phone went off again, he looked at the screen, screamed and hurled himself over in the faintest hope of escaping this seemingly never-ending cycle of social misery, he was gushed downstream and after a couple of bumps against the Torpoint ferry he was washed ashore at the exact spot Newell and Webby were fishing.

"Ah, Pursey, great to see you here, we thought you'd bailed on us!"

"Yeah, did you not get Webby's calls? We looked everywhere for you, even the training ground where we found Nelsony in one of the kit bags! He'd locked himself in by accident apparently, when all he needed to do was undo the zip the silly sausage!"
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 2:30 pm

Might be a factor in why he's playing crap.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 2:36 pm

TBF he's slow and old. I get the impression that he's been asked to play the ball out from the back, and he's never been that type of player. Remember Coughlan's awkwardness on the ball? He's not quite that bad but he's never been regarded as being in the Rio Ferdinand mould either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Seip and Timar hit it off for one season ... they just happened to have certain guys like Nalis and Wotton in front of them.
What happened when a new manager came in with different ideas and said defending midfielders were given the boot to be replaced by Jonah? ... they lost it .. says it all.
To me it was a Purse Blanchard Wotton thing that saved us. I would suggest the whole team thing was built around that last season. This time around, energy is being put into trying to bump up the midfield performance from last year leaving the defence exposed possibly... it will have an effect on Old Aesop, who admits he's a wily old pro. Maybe no need to try too hard these days. If his family is elsewhere, I would imagine that will ultimately have an effect. I expect he's playing the puppets like a gudun'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Darren is still playing with an injury and it is affecting his game. The surgery he had on his foot went well but I hear Darren is still in a lot of pain during matches.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Darren is still playing with an injury and it is affecting his game. The surgery he had on his foot went well but I hear Darren is still in a lot of pain during matches.

In that case, Darren should speak to Carl and tell him he's likely to make more individual errors if he plays him when he's not fit.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:18 pm

First name terms = Creepy.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:25 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

'Tis ok if u fish together tho'.

Just hope Cobi doesn't end up holding the wrong rod.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:39 pm

Purse is in the twilight of his career he isnt going to improve instead will just keep losing pace and form i firmly believe he will retire after this season or go to a blue square team. If he is injured then he should be dropped till fit just because he is best mates with sooty and sweep shouldn't guarantee him a starting place fit or not or in form or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:39 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

'Tis ok if u fish together tho'.

Just hope Cobi doesn't end up holding the wrong rod.

my girlfriend doesn't read this forum does she Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:44 pm

And so different to the judgement handed down by certain individuals from Pasoti's twin barrels to Marcel Seip when he was dealing with the daily pain he was suffering by putting off an operation for the good of the team and club, only to be told he was dropped.
It's all about mates, Seip wasn't a mate like Pursey ... y' know REAL mates ....mates who are mates, and others who aren't mates.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:56 pm

Surely a living playing muralized legend can't be dropped. Yesterday though he was just ropey. Impossible to drop and near impossible to be told to buck up I would think.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Simple, he got the long term (for his age) contract that he was after.

Now he doesn't have to try so hard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 7:26 pm

Dougie wrote:
Surely a living playing muralized legend can't be dropped. Yesterday though he was just ropey. Impossible to drop and near impossible to be told to buck up I would think.

No player should be like that nor should any manager allow it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:38 am

All just a bit too cosy for my liking, and poor old Purse seems to be loosing his hardman personna on the pitch. Same faces that got close to the last mob that always ends in tears.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 10:09 am

If Darren Purse is still getting over his op and is trying to play through the pain....then it is inevitable that he cannot play at a 100% of his ability.

Problem is that Fletcher obviously doesn't trust anyone else to do as well in the centre of defence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:05 pm

ZYPH wrote:
If Darren Purse is still getting over his op and is trying to play through the pain....then it is inevitable that he cannot play at a 100% of his ability.

Problem is that Fletcher obviously doesn't trust anyone else to do as well in the centre of defence.

Perhaps Carl could look to bringing in a defender on loan if Nelson isnt deemed good enough to for the starting 11.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:30 pm

Renegade wrote:
ZYPH wrote:

Perhaps Carl could look to bringing in a defender on loan if Nelson isnt deemed good enough to for the starting 11.

Or play Purse on the wing? We're a bit short in that dept. and don't use them anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 6:51 pm

If Purse is playing through injury then you have to admire his dedication and bravery but question his intelligence. The brutal verdict is that he hasn't been good enough so far this season. He should be rested until he can play without having to break the pain barrier. Expecting him to play is unfair to the fans, his teammates, the team and, not least, Purse himself.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 7:11 pm

To me he's never been the same since his magnificent two goaler for us on my birthday 6 years ago Very Happy

A foretaste of things to come...perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Pursey?   What's happened to Pursey? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1