The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

fundraising - whats the point ??

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

fundraising - whats the point ??  Empty
PostSubject: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:10 pm

Have heard also and read on here that there were fans ( including season ticket holders) turned away from the turnstyles today, there was plenty of seating available. My question is whats the point in helping if argyle wont help themselves ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:16 pm

turning fans away??? we only had just under 13000 the stadium holds up to 15000 odd. well thats a blunder if ever i saw one and i am sure half of the folk who went today will drift off again.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:32 pm

PAFC - totally amateurish and clueless in all departments
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:39 pm

Freathy wrote:

Good old Frothy . FFS it must be a bundle of joy in your house .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:47 pm

greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Free Freathy Sect?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:51 pm

funny man wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Free Freathy Sect?

I think the funny bit in your name is pushing it a bit .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:53 pm

greengenes wrote:
funny man wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Free Freathy Sect?

I agree. It was a mistype for "fenny".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:55 pm

funny man wrote:
greengenes wrote:
funny man wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Free Freathy Sect?

I agree. It was a mistype for "fenny".

Fair recovery . Fair .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:59 pm

greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

So you don't think some season ticket holder having to wait 20 minutes or more to take their seats is anything other than a complete and utter shambles?

A shambles and disgrace on and off the pitch. Even we were last painfully shit we never lost to Torquay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:04 pm

Tiberius wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

So you don't think some season ticket holder having to wait 20 minutes or more to take their seats is anything other than a complete and utter shambles?

A shambles and disgrace on and off the pitch. Even we were last painfully shit we never lost to Torquay.

I agree - it was shambolic . No excuses . Its just Freathys constant tirade of negativity that I refer too . He has got quite a record for that although I think he may be an olympic standard WUM ( Thats for you funny man Very Happy )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:06 pm

greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

whats the point in the child like name calling GG? doesnt suit you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:09 pm

Phenom wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Oh come on - look at the names I've been called on here . Its banter mate and you know it .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Phenom wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I agree once GG forgets his PASOTI ambassadorial work, what you get is a strongly opinionated and intelligent person. Which is more or less all you want from a forum member.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:15 pm

greengenes wrote:
Tiberius wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I agree - it was shambolic . No excuses . Its just Freathys constant tirade of negativity that I refer too . He has got quite a record for that although I think he may be an olympic standard WUM ( Thats for you funny man Very Happy )

Actually, WUM is the first one I don't recognise. (And it's also sent me back many years to when we used to scribble SWALK on the backs of envelopes as well as lots of other acronyms. BURMA was my favourite).

And I do agree with you about the resident Jeremiah. But I think I'm coming to recognise it's an act that I'm getting to know and love. Inside every half-empty glass there's a half-pint waiting to be poured.

As for negativity, I'm holding off until I see what signings are made in January. It seems incontrovertible that we need at least two or three signings and, if they don't come, I suspect that the fan will be hit with brown stuff both here and on pasoti.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:19 pm

Wind Up Merchant would be my guess.

BURMA is not familiar though?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:20 pm

The ticketing fiasco behind the Lyndhurst, well everywhere really, was a total fiasco ... worse even than Tony Campbell's hopeless operations management.
Argyle were well aware that today's crowd would be a 'big' one. The queues, of all fans, st holders, pre bought ticket holders and POTD customers was the biggest joke yet. Hopeless and totally disrespectful to returning fans and regulars alike. So much for the new Brent era.
In the end, the turnstiles weren't even giving out tickets in return for the cash as I thought was essential post Hillsborough.... some might say they were thinking on their feet, some might say they panicked, some might say it was all a bit odd to say the least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:16 pm

Having been there today I am not aware of any season ticket holders being turned away. Yes it was congested 15 to 20 minutes before kick off and it did look like a number would not get into the ground before kick off. This was due to some of the entrances being shut when they should have been open. But, it was also due to people turning up too close to kick off in high numbers so not only was the club to blame for the delay but so were the punters for not realising there would be a big crowd when it had been forecast for ages. I was one who turned up at my normal time and had to crush my way in to the ground but I got in in time for the start. The queue was fast diminishing when I went through the turnstyle and I doubt many missed the start or more than a minute or two. This is a story about very little unless you just want to have a moan for the sake of it. But then that has never stopped Argyle supporters before has it. The most important part for me was that the Ivor Dewney pasty van drove away from the Barn Park entrance just as me and mates got there. No pasty for a number of people. Now you would think they would get a business opportunity right wouldn't you. Letter to Mr Dewney from Mr Angry of Plymouth coming right up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:22 pm

People turning up late is not a defense for argyle. It was a shambles. How do big clubs cope with 50 k plus crowds. Argyle can't handle anything over 10k. When you watch or go to games in the premier league the grounds are half empty up to 5 minutes before kick off. End of the day argyle are a micky mouse outfit
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:44 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Having been there today I am not aware of any season ticket holders being turned away. Yes it was congested 15 to 20 minutes before kick off and it did look like a number would not get into the ground before kick off. This was due to some of the entrances being shut when they should have been open. But, it was also due to people turning up too close to kick off in high numbers so not only was the club to blame for the delay but so were the punters for not realising there would be a big crowd when it had been forecast for ages. I was one who turned up at my normal time and had to crush my way in to the ground but I got in in time for the start. The queue was fast diminishing when I went through the turnstyle and I doubt many missed the start or more than a minute or two. This is a story about very little unless you just want to have a moan for the sake of it. But then that has never stopped Argyle supporters before has it. The most important part for me was that the Ivor Dewney pasty van drove away from the Barn Park entrance just as me and mates got there. No pasty for a number of people. Now you would think they would get a business opportunity right wouldn't you. Letter to Mr Dewney from Mr Angry of Plymouth coming right up.
Difference being that Dewdney's sold out, whereas if Argyle were running the vans it would have driven away with another 2000 pasties inside it.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:50 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Captain, you're talking nonsense, let's not confuse pasty sales with admittance issues... that's irrelevant, Dewdney's often run out down there and pasties ran out inside the ground as well. People expect food to sell out at a popular game, that wasn't the problem.

I've spent decades queueing over the hockey pitch ( RIP ), don't mistake me for someone who doesn't know the ebb and flow of turnstile congestion at odd games. The comaprative big crowd was well known to the club a few days ago. If the queue was diminishing when you got in, it must have been 2.30pm. At kick off, and we started queueing well before then, there was probably still 1000 people outside the Lyndhurst that took 15 minutes to get in. How do I know ? because I and my party were some of them.
So, in your mind's eye, the problem didn't exist .... did it .... it was all in my imagination. But, hey, don't let that upset anyone, if customers and fans are too thick to turn up an hour before curtain up, they deserve everything they get for their £20, isn't that right Cap'n ?

I don't mean to be rude but maybe just accept it was an appalling example of the usual Argyle attitude and bad management from the new regime. They managed to employ more police and stewards, so it was quite possible to employ other gate staff that would have made the day more palatable for many fans. Great marketing on their busiest day ...... not. I won't be returning in a while.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:51 pm

greengenes wrote:
Phenom wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Oh come on - look at the names I've been called on here . Its banter mate and you know it .

but frothy?????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:17 pm

Selective reading there penzancepirate. I said if you read it again that there was a problem and some of the closed entrances should have been open. I got to the ground at around 2.30 and got into the ground at about 2 minutes to kick off from a queue that rapidly went down in numbers. I also said some would not have got in by kick off but I did not think from the numbers outside it would have taken them that long. I also said that the club was at fault but it is also true that the punters should have known, along with myself, to get there a little earlier than normal just to be on the safe side. Argyle are not a premiership club with a finished stadium and with a staff to man everything going. Have you forgotten we have been in administration and a number of staff were made redundant at that point also. Hillsborough for an FA cup semi is all I can say. There was a stadium with everything and it could not handle an influx of punters hence a disaster. Argyle are not the only club ever to have to delay a kick off due to crowds outside. It might have been good if somebody had asked the Ref to delay for 10 to 15 minutes but clearly they didn't. If you miss a train because the ticket queue was longer than you thought, is that the fault of the train driver or your's for not giving yourself ample time to get on it? As for the pasties well, what can I say, no pasty on a match day. Disgusting. I blame all the part time charlies for daring to turn up myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:24 pm

Phenom wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Phenom wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

but frothy?????

Yeah Frothy as in lively and aniamated and happy - the complete opposite of his image he portrays on here . I don't think he's crying himself to sleep over my little joke right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:31 pm

greengenes wrote:
Phenom wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Phenom wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

but frothy?????

Yeah Frothy as in lively and aniamated and happy - the complete opposite of his image he portrays on here . I don't think he's crying himself to sleep over my little joke right now.

frothy is a poor name thats my point why not name something ironic like aviva boy he would love it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 12:08 am

Phenom wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Phenom wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Phenom wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

but frothy?????

frothy is a poor name thats my point why not name something ironic like aviva boy he would love it

I've been called a clown , a court jester , Ian Newells arse licker and and you pick me up on that ? I think Frothy is a splendid name for Freathy . Sorry but if posters give it out then expect it back .

gg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fundraising - whats the point ??    fundraising - whats the point ??  Empty

Back to top Go down

fundraising - whats the point ??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next