Dougie
Elias
seadog
Chemical Ali
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Fanzine Advert - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:06 pm

Penzance wrote:
GOB wrote:
You're right Penz, I think it is a bit steep but worth it to get it up and running. I also like the idea of a kinda unofficial Trust thing, it leaves it open to return the attacks that will be bouncing left, right and center again before too long.
I somehow doubt that's how it will turn out. It will more likely resemble the Chaddlewood residents asocciation in their deliberation with PCC re wheely bins.

I'll save any more words until the first print run. Rosebud [whipser]

Behave yourself, Penz. You know I'm Mount Wise resident Shocked

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:14 pm

You live in the posh new town of the three, Andy.
We got the council around last month regarding potholes and other matters... they said they were on the case.
There's a bomb site in our street that's been there since the war. 10 houses and quite a few people disappeared into the woods never to be seen again .. they said this country re built after the war apparently ...I don't hold out much hope the council will rush to sort out our potholes.

Last edited by Penzance on Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:15 pm

If it is labelled as either a Trust Fanzine, an ATD Fanzine or even an ATD/Trust Fanzine it will probably fail to achieve anything much...an independent Argyle Fanzine could be good, though. The proceeds can then go wherever the editors/organisers decide - if that's to the Trust, then great. If not...then that's ok too, tho either way it'd need to be worth reading for me to consider buying it.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 10:10 pm

The ideal would be to secure enough advertising to make the publication free, which would mean it could be printed and given/emailed as a PDF.

The Trust would need to talk the implications of that through with the editors, to see if/how it could work. Expect that to happen quite soon.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:41 pm

Having read the following....

John Petrie wrote:

Hello all,

Following recent suggestions from Trust members, in particular Andy Symons, we have taken the initial steps towards starting up a fanzine/Trust newsletter.

Having chatted with Andy, we will be looking to get something up and running that, whilst supporting the Trust by providing another way of getting information to people, will be one step removed so as to allow a wider spread of opinion and debate to be contained within. The Trust will be helping to get it off the ground and will be supportive but it won't be an official Trust mouthpiece as such.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Andy/John..

Don't you think it is appropriate that a fanzine/newsletter is at least discussed by the AFT board (officially) before you go creating a fanzine on its behalf?

Andy, after the ATD Q&A travesty... I certainly don't want you personally having any sort of 'editoral' control over anything concerning the trust, even if it is so called, "one step removed."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:58 pm

My dosh has been paid via ATD's donate button. Good luck Andy and John!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Done. Go for it Andy and John.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fanzine Advert
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3