Dougie
Elias
seadog
Chemical Ali
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Fanzine Advert - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:08 pm

For me this site should remain 100% independent.

We shouldn't align ourselves with anything, be it the club, trust or pasb.

If the fanzine were to be created I think it should be an "ATD" fanzine with money raised going to the trust. That way I see it that ATD is not aligning itself with the trust, but it's showing support for the trust.

Well it makes sense in my head lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:12 pm

and mine YM, not sure it will to everyone though.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:15 pm

Yea Man wrote:

If the fanzine were to be created I think it should be an "ATD" fanzine with money raised going to the trust. That way I see it that ATD is not aligning itself with the trust, but it's showing support for the trust.

That makes sense in my head, too.

Done that way... ATD raises its own profile - the trust and ATD remain 'independent', and the Trust or whoever is deemed worthy at the time, gets to benefit money wise.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:31 pm

Yea Man wrote:

Makes perfect sense. Only thing is, ATD is rather 'niche'. Apart from selling it to ourselves, who the f*ck else would wanna buy it? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:37 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Makes perfect sense. Only thing is, ATD is rather 'niche'. Apart from selling it to ourselves, who the f*ck else would wanna buy it? lol!

Yeah and the name is bloody terrible affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:59 pm

I also agree with you Yea Man ... there seems to be some sort of 'steal' going on here. What was an idea kicked around by ATD posters seems to have been taken by the Trust as their own unofficial publication over a couple of pints. Bit naughty that, but hey ho.
Quote :

The fanzine is being used as a way of disseminating Trust news to those people without internet access, as well as being, hopefully, an amusing and entertaining read on topics pertaining to Argyle, football and Plymouth as a city

THAT IS A TRUST FANZINE, not a fanzine derived from posters of this site... which IS independent ... and has gone out of it's way to remain so. Call me an old romantic, but I wanted an ATD fanzine .. nothing more, nothing less.
So, forgive me Andy, but I won't be investing ... well, not until there is an unequivocal statement that you are refusing jamesyboy's kind offer, and I'm a little irritated that you are presenting it here almost as some sort of hybrid that involves this site.
It was the £100 that gave it away. It's a Trust fanzine, and I think you should make that clear to ATD posters. I bet poor old Freathy is on the phone for a refund as we speak Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 6:56 pm

I think there needs to be clarity of whether this is intended to be a Trust fanzine, an ATD fanzine or something else.

I have no objection to any of the above and I'm prepared to support it, but I would like to know info regarding the general ownership of it.

In my opinion the idea remains a good one and it's just a matter of sorting out the nitty gritty, but it does need clarification.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 7:06 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
A couple of months ago the idea of a fanzine/newsletter was suggested on here.

Since then I've been in contact with various Trust Board members regarding the idea. I also put out a call for volunteers to contribute articles and the like, and had a decent response. Thanks very much for that.

Last night I had a couple of pints meeting with John Petrie, and we're going to produce something, hopefully to coincide with the upcoming Trust Board elections. Whilst it will have Trust news in it, it won't be an 'official' Trust publication, although we hope to use it to raise funds for the Trust.

So what we're looking for is material to go in the first edition. General football articles, opinion pieces about the club, satire and general piss-taking most welcome. Also if you, or anyone you know, is of an artistic persuasionj, cartoons and illustrations would be most welcome.

If anyone would like advertising in the magazine, please contact me. If you've got a service you can offer fellow Greens, we'll give you a bit of publicity, in return for a 'voluntary' contribution to Trust funds. Also if you can offer lifts to games, car sharing and the like, either over the course of the season, or to specific away games, let us know.

So if you want to see your thoughts in print, or can offer any other assistance in the production of the fanzine, please PM me.

And to all those who've already contacted either John or myself to offer your services - we'll be in touch drekly.

That's Andy's original post on the idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 7:15 pm

I support the trust but i can see them getting nothing but stick from the North Korean Farm mods, who would complain about every funny thing in the zine, a atd fanzine would be great, but apart from us and the same farm koreans, who is going to buy it?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 7:36 pm

The next ROTG is due out in a few weeks, may be an idea to wait for a few weeks.
For those looking to contribute to a 'zine im certain ROTG will welcome ANY articles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 7:46 pm

Penzance wrote:
I also agree with you Yea Man ... there seems to be some sort of 'steal' going on here. What was an idea kicked around by ATD posters seems to have been taken by the Trust as their own unofficial publication over a couple of pints. Bit naughty that, but hey ho.
Quote :

The fanzine is being used as a way of disseminating Trust news to those people without internet access, as well as being, hopefully, an amusing and entertaining read on topics pertaining to Argyle, football and Plymouth as a city

THAT IS A TRUST FANZINE, not a fanzine derived from posters of this site... which IS independent ... and has gone out of it's way to remain so. Call me an old romantic, but I wanted an ATD fanzine .. nothing more, nothing less.
So, forgive me Andy, but I won't be investing ... well, not until there is an unequivocal statement that you are refusing jamesyboy's kind offer, and I'm a little irritated that you are presenting it here almost as some sort of hybrid that involves this site.
It was the £100 that gave it away. It's a Trust fanzine, and I think you should make that clear to ATD posters. I bet poor old Freathy is on the phone for a refund as we speak Very Happy

Normally you're one of this site's more perceptive posters; on this occasion however, you're further wide of the mark than a Nick Chadwick shot on goal.

The Trust haven't taken anything over. The idea of a newsletter/fanzine was discussed on here, and the idea of including Trust news didn't come from the Trust, but from various posters who joined in the debate. The fanzine is NOT an official Trust publication. Trust Board members are helping with various logistical issues but won't have any say over 'editorial' policy or content.

The fanzine won't be an ATD production either. A call has been made on both here and pasoti for contributors to make themselves known. If ATD wants its own publication, then ATD needs to organise it. I've publicised what John and I are doing on here. John's publicised it on pasoti. It may be worth noting that following the initial debate on here, I'm the only ATD poster to have taken the idea any further than mere discussion.

And as for the highlighted section of your post - what offer? I assume 'jamesyboy' is a reference to James Brent, but he's never made me an offer of any kind, so I have no idea what on Earth you're talking about. The proposed fanzine will be independent of the club, and all associated groups, be they supporters groups or websites. I'm not sure how I can make it any clearer.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 7:53 pm

I am already in for a tenner Andy, this should be a lawyer'e site, such is the over analysis of text.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 7:53 pm

A seperate point on the cost of the advertising. £100 for a full page ad was not a figure plucked out of the air. We looked at what other, similar publications charged, and pitched our prices accordingly. I will say - and this may be taken as me being a bit sniffy, but that's not how it's intended - no-one is putting a gun to the head of any individual or organisation. If ATD wants to advertise, that would be great. If it doesn't we'll find our revenues from other sources.

I will make one point that is important, whatever your views on what John and I are trying to achieve - Neither John nor I will be making any money from this. We're doing it on a 100% voluntary basis, and any monies raised will go to the Argyle Fans Trust. I believe we will be the only Argyle fanzine doing this.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Support the trust.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:32 pm

For me, whilst the Trust remains independent of the club, I don't mind it helping to produce an independent fanzine...with something along the line 'the views of some of the articles within this fanzine are not necessarily those held by the Trust' as a disclaimer. £100 still seems steep for an ad in a fanzine with much less than 1k purchasers - particularly when this site won't gain anything back financially from any increase in membership (it's free to sign up, afterall).

Also, is there a link to John's post on paSSoti? I can't find it?...
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:35 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
A seperate point on the cost of the advertising. £100 for a full page ad was not a figure plucked out of the air. We looked at what other, similar publications charged, and pitched our prices accordingly. I will say - and this may be taken as me being a bit sniffy, but that's not how it's intended - no-one is putting a gun to the head of any individual or organisation. If ATD wants to advertise, that would be great. If it doesn't we'll find our revenues from other sources.

I will make one point that is important, whatever your views on what John and I are trying to achieve - Neither John nor I will be making any money from this. We're doing it on a 100% voluntary basis, and any monies raised will go to the Argyle Fans Trust. I believe we will be the only Argyle fanzine doing this.

Nobody is questioning your integrity Andy, far from it.

I'll be in for a tenner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
For me, whilst the Trust remains independent of the club, I don't mind it helping to produce an independent fanzine...with something along the line 'the views of some of the articles within this fanzine are not necessarily those held by the Trust' as a disclaimer. £100 still seems steep for an ad in a fanzine with much less than 1k purchasers - particularly when this site won't gain anything back financially from any increase in membership (it's free to sign up, afterall).

I would imagine that you're very unlikely to find it Mock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:

The fanzine won't be an ATD production either. It might be worth noting that following the initial debate on here, I'm the only ATD poster to have taken the idea any further than mere discussion.

And as for the highlighted section of your post - what offer? I assume 'jamesyboy' is a reference to James Brent, but he's never made me an offer of any kind, so I have no idea what on Earth you're talking about. The proposed fanzine will be independent of the club, and all associated groups, be they supporters groups or websites. I'm not sure how I can make it any clearer.
Calm down Andy, when I said the offer the ex citigroup banker made you, I meant the Trust as a body, as in vous, not tu, not you personally, as I doubt you have 400K in loose change.
As for the 'zine, you're right, nobodyelse picked up the ball, and good luck to you, but it sounds like an unoffical Trust thing to me, more than an ATD thing, and while I much prefer the Trust to the new establishment, I wanted to highlight my opinion. I was only ever interested in an ATD publication under a collective banner ... and I hope I've put that over well enough. If I'm honest, the £100 thing irked me, buttons are buttons ... ATD can advertise in the Herald more cheaply than that, but that's up to individual posters.. I can only speak for myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:37 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Ta Andy.

I'm a blind fuckwit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:39 pm

You're right Penz, I think it is a bit steep but worth it to get it up and running. I also like the idea of a kinda unofficial Trust thing, it leaves it open to return the attacks that will be bouncing left, right and center again before too long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:41 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

One word "bloody hell".....with respect to the past accountants accounting.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:43 pm

Two words ataf.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:48 pm

Fine. Again, good luck Andy, but I do note John explains the new publication as a fanzine/trust newsletter and that means to me ..... a trust newsletter.
The Trust no doubt has some credence with the wider fanbase outside of Pasoti/ATD land, but as Czarky said, I find it difficult to understand how a REAL satirical fanzine can last in Plymouth with the Trust so closely associated ... it's frought with pitfalls, and I just hope it give sit a bit or else there's no point. And hey, El Presidente might see it as yet another welcome first in football.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 9:03 pm

GOB wrote:
You're right Penz, I think it is a bit steep but worth it to get it up and running. I also like the idea of a kinda unofficial Trust thing, it leaves it open to return the attacks that will be bouncing left, right and center again before too long.
I somehow doubt that's how it will turn out. It will more likely resemble the Chaddlewood residents asocciation in their deliberation with PCC re wheely bins.

I'll save any more words until the first print run. Rosebud [whipser]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fanzine Advert   Fanzine Advert - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fanzine Advert
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next