Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

fantastic full backs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

fantastic full backs Empty
PostSubject: fantastic full backs   fantastic full backs EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:40 pm

I may be alone in saying this, but I personally believe we now might have the best pair of full backs in this league.

Berry is a good player who can attack as well as defend, I think he could be played in numerous positions. He is a much improved player and I think he could be destined for great things at RB. He's had a solid start to the season and was very good today.

Williams is a very solid defender who plays his heart out for us and when he gets forward, he does cause problems with some wicked crosses with his left foot, as well as him being excellent at set pieces and almost scoring another one today. He has also had an excellent start to the season.

Can't remember the last time we had a solid pair of full backs.

Really great to see opposition wingers having an awful time against us
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: fantastic full backs   fantastic full backs EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Berry defensively was very good today, as was Willo.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: fantastic full backs   fantastic full backs EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:44 pm

Agreed. Thought Williams was great today. Though I liked him last year as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fantastic full backs   fantastic full backs EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:52 pm

Nisbett and Uzzell the best I've ever seen. Not often I admire a man in a tache (Gordon) but old John could send a man three tiers in the air with a well co-ordinated sliding tackle. Hard man.

BTW - Why have the Taliban not courted western sympathy by bombing the Albert Hall on the Last Night of the Proms. What a collection of smug pricks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fantastic full backs   fantastic full backs EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:58 pm

George Robertson and Bryce Fulton in my day,best full backs in the league division 2.....thats the CCC to you young un's..........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fantastic full backs   fantastic full backs EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:06 pm

aye Oddy you must have let's say long roots. I'm 42 this month so the early 80's was my heyday of youth. I thought at one stage every couple of years we'd get to an FA Cup Semi Final lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fantastic full backs   fantastic full backs EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:20 pm

Nick Wall wrote:
Nisbett and Uzzell the best I've ever seen. Not often I admire a man in a tache (Gordon) but old John could send a man three tiers in the air with a well co-ordinated sliding tackle. Hard man.

BTW - Why have the Taliban not courted western sympathy by bombing the Albert Hall on the Last Night of the Proms. What a collection of smug pricks.

Nisbet had a wicked shot on him too. Uzzell was probably a better defender than Nisbet but they were great together in their tight shorts lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fantastic full backs   fantastic full backs EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:25 pm

Pitbull wrote:
I may be alone in saying this, but I personally believe we now might have the best pair of full backs in this league.

Berry is a good player who can attack as well as defend, I think he could be played in numerous positions. He is a much improved player and I think he could be destined for great things at RB. He's had a solid start to the season and was very good today.

Williams is a very solid defender who plays his heart out for us and when he gets forward, he does cause problems with some wicked crosses with his left foot, as well as him being excellent at set pieces and almost scoring another one today. He has also had an excellent start to the season.

Can't remember the last time we had a solid pair of full backs.

Really great to see opposition wingers having an awful time against us

Where's your match report Cobi?

I have to say that I was highly critical of Robbie Williams last season, despite you loving him, but since ATD have sponsored him he must be the most improved player in our squad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fantastic full backs   fantastic full backs EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:28 pm

I dont think Cobi went today...Is that right Cobi?
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: fantastic full backs   fantastic full backs EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:37 pm

He did go Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fantastic full backs   fantastic full backs EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:46 pm

GWB..fair enough then,its just that cobi normally posts a brief synopsis on here.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: fantastic full backs   fantastic full backs EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:52 pm

I know, i was hoping for one! Always a good read.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fantastic full backs   fantastic full backs EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:59 pm

tomorrow morning guys, I am out at the moment
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fantastic full backs   fantastic full backs Empty

Back to top Go down

fantastic full backs
Page 1 of 1