+4
Rickler
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
oxfordgreen
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final Empty
PostSubject: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 8:31 am

Andy Murray was one set and 5-1 down to Cilic in their QF last night but stormed back to win in 3 sets.

He now plays Thomas Berdych in the semi-finals after he beat Roger Federer, which is a huge bonus.

I think that this is Murrays best chance of a grand-slam so far as he is playing awesome tennis at times and if he can beat Berdych, which he should on rankings, then he will most likely play Djokovic in the final, although Djokovic still has to play his QF with Del Potro tonight.

Djokovic isn't the incredible force he was last year and I always thought that the US Open was Murrays best chance of a grand-slam. He's lost in 4 finals previously, but in an era which has 3 of the greatest players ever, Federer, Djokovic and Nadal with 33 grand-slam titles between them!

He isn't overly popular with some people but as I've said before, anyone who could be in the classroom when the Dunblane massacre took place must be carrying an awful lot of baggage and he is still one of the best players in the modern era.

C'MON ANDY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:15 pm

Murray through to his 5th Grand Slam final cheers

The second semi-fianl has been suspended due to high winds with Ferrer leading Djokovic 5-2 in the first set.

The womens final had already been postponed until tomorrow because of the forecast bad weather, which could mean the finals being played 2 or 3 days late.
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 12:28 am

When is the mens final ushally played is it sunday or monday?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 7:46 am

Usually tonight, postponed until tomorrow now because the other semi is not finished.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:41 pm

Incredible first set in the final. The best set of tennis I have ever seen. Murray takes it on the tie-break after one hour twenty seven minutes.

If it stays like this they will still be playing at 5am.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:44 pm

Murray usually wins the first set then chokes and plays shit.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:50 pm

Murray 2-0 up second set.Could be his day.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:55 pm

Usually but he's looking more confident this year and making Djokovic fight for every single point.

He's bossing the match and now 3-0 up in the second set.

One rally was 54 strokes and most of those shots were attacking shots with both players chasing every inch of the court. Great to watch.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:09 pm

Is that Sir Alex Ferguson sitting at the top right of Andy Murrays box?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:14 pm

He was at his semi final so I expect so.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:56 am

At last, He's won a slam.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:16 am

Absolutely brilliant. Amazing match and to have the strength to last 5 hours playing at that pace is truly awesome.

I thought he had lost when Djokovic came from 2-0 down to 2-2 but Murray has a new belief, he says is down to Ivan Lendl.

If he had one he'd be in the running for sports personality of the year!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:31 am

Greenjock wrote:
Absolutely brilliant. Amazing match and to have the strength to last 5 hours playing at that pace is truly awesome.

I thought he had lost when Djokovic came from 2-0 down to 2-2 but Murray has a new belief, he says is down to Ivan Lendl.

You can't put 'Andy Murray' and 'personality' in the same sentence, let alone use it to describe him ffs! lol!

So, the dour Scot gets his first slam. Another world first, Murray and Lendl, his coach, almost half-smiling simultaneously. Razz

Wow.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:54 am

He didn't exactly exude over flowing emotion after he'd won,but then neither did Alf Ramsey in 1966 and neither did Ivan Lendl throughout his career-they both made Buster Keaton look like a luvvy.Congratulations to him,he'll probably win a few more now.Wonder if Lendl's influence and winning the Olympic gold gave him the self belief and impetus to push on? Great match and performance last night,whatever it was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:31 am

It was a fantastic match - both players giving absolutely everything for 5 hours, an incredible feat of skill, fitness and endurance. I was only going to watch the first set before hitting the sack, but it kept me hooked til 2am. I'll suffer for it later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:43 am

Me too am knackered. Went to bed just after 2 and was up with the kids st 6.30 Sleep
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:46 am

In the first 10 days of the Olympics the Romanians have taken gold, silver, bronze, copper, lead, drain covers and anything else they can get their hands on.

Somalia has been thrown out of the Olympics. They didn't know that sailing and shooting were two separate events!

As a way of apology to North Korea for displaying the South Korean flag at the Olympic football, the team will be treated to an all you can eat buffet at Battersea dogs home.

Is it just me or have you noticed how much these Chinese swimmers have come on since the Morecambe Bay cockle picking accident.

First sailing results are in - Britain has taken gold, the USA have taken silver and Somalia have taken a middle-aged couple from Weymouth.

Very non-PC I know, but laughter is the best medicine.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:53 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

You can't put 'Andy Murray' and 'personality' in the same sentence, let alone use it to describe him ffs! lol!

So, the dour Scot gets his first slam. Another world first, Murray and Lendl, his coach, almost half-smiling simultaneously. Razz

Wow.

Czar, spot on as usual. Anyone but Murray. Meant to say anyone but Murray and his plug ugly mum.

Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 12:22 pm

pepsipete wrote:

In the first 10 days of the Olympics the Romanians have taken gold, silver, bronze, copper, lead, drain covers and anything else they can get their hands on.

Somalia has been thrown out of the Olympics. They didn't know that sailing and shooting were two separate events!

As a way of apology to North Korea for displaying the South Korean flag at the Olympic football, the team will be treated to an all you can eat buffet at Battersea dogs home.

Is it just me or have you noticed how much these Chinese swimmers have come on since the Morecambe Bay cockle picking accident.

First sailing results are in - Britain has taken gold, the USA have taken silver and Somalia have taken a middle-aged couple from Weymouth.

Very non-PC I know, but laughter is the best medicine.

what a racist cnut pete,,very surprised,

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 12:24 pm

The Red Star wrote:

Czar, spot on as usual. Anyone but Murray. Meant to say anyone but Murray and his plug ugly mum.

You youngsters...I would Very Happy

I think last night's reversion to lack of emotion can be put down to an absolute draining of all his feelings after finally getting there. No matter what he, or anyone else, says the pressure of expectation that's been building over (is it?) 5 finals now has to have got to him and he must have wondered if it would ever happen.

That's the half Scot in me coming out.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:36 pm

the most boring cnut in sporting history,surely
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final   Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final Empty

Back to top Go down

Murray v Berdych US Open semi-final
Page 1 of 1