mouldyoldgoat
Jethro
Mock Cuncher
seadog
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? Empty
PostSubject: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 9:01 pm

Popped over to the local Co op earlier to get some milk.

Got the wifey's skimmed as usual, but I picked up whole instead of Semi-skimmed. I didn't realise until I poured it onto my crunchy nut cornflakes and started eating.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm Umm. God I forgot how good whole milk tastes on crunchy nut cornflakes. chickendance 

That is all.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 9:42 pm

This should be in the Co-op thread, shame on you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 9:51 pm

seadog wrote:
This should be in the Co-op thread, shame on you.

There's a Co-op thread?  scratch Or have I just been whoooooshed?  clown
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 9:55 pm

feckin part timers............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 9:57 pm

FFS.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 9:59 pm

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 10:00 pm

Fcol wac ffs fs.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 10:03 pm

Uwot?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 10:19 pm

I think he meant Linda McCartney's veggie sausages are half price at Asders this week, I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 10:28 pm

whole milk in tea is horrid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 10:50 pm

Angry wrote:

Rubbish.

Try walking the doggy for 2 hours in the freezing cold, early morning and then get home to sink a nice, milky, sweet tea made with whole-milk whilst dunking a couple of custard creams.

You haven't lived, you. clown 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 11:17 pm

There's whole milk and then there's Jersey or Guernsey whole milk. That's the skunk of the dairy world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 11:32 pm

Ah yes - Jersey Gold. that's like having Roddas clotted cream on your crunchy nut cornflakes. Laughing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:21 am

My grandfather was a dairy farmer he milked about forty Red Poll cows and in the morning we would go into the dairy, get a jug and skim the cream off a churn that had settled to use on our corn flakes, mmmm. Did use it in my coffee but it's too much in tea for me. The best thing ever in rice pudding though. We used to make our own butter and a pint of cold butter milk on a hot summers day takes some beating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:23 am

seadog wrote:
Uwot?

For crying out loud, what a cnut, FFS! Fucks sake.
Not sure about the last bit though I may have to give him a warning now I've translated it.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 2:43 pm

uht is all I get
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:07 pm

Full cream products are known as the white death by many farmers. I've gone back to butter these days. Can't stand that industrial margarine gunge any more. I can't believe I fell for it.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:10 pm

I read somewhere that margarine was first made as some sort of food for animals and that its makeup is one part short of being plastic!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:11 pm

Winter Green wrote:
Full cream products are known as the white death by many farmers. I've gone back to butter these days. Can't stand that industrial margarine gunge any more. I can't believe I fell for it.

And I thought you were a vegetarian, sir. The dairy industry in this country wouldn't exist without animals being slaughtered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:31 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Angry wrote:

Rubbish.

Try walking the doggy for 2 hours in the freezing cold,  early morning and then get home to sink a nice, milky, sweet tea made with whole-milk whilst dunking a couple of custard creams.

You haven't lived, you. clown 

milky tea may aswell not bother with the tea bag. Whole milk is ok for coffee though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:33 pm

The argument is predominently about how much fat is good for you and less about the density of the milk itself. I recently had a heart attack (yes it was fatal and I'm posting from on high having already infiltrated and changed procedures). This caused me to get a visit from an after care Nurse to check the content of my fridge and encourage me to buy a track suit and trainers. In my fridge I had such things as Berteroli and yoghurt along with semi skimmed milk which she went into raptures over. There is apparently fat and then bad fat in food stuffs.

All good then I thought until I started to look at the sugar content of low or zero fat products. The sugar is increased in multiples even though this stuff is advertised as being really good for you and the after care Nurse telling you it's great. The choice therefore is having high cholestral and risking heart problems or eating tons of sugar and becoming a diabetic. Bottom line is that the food industry has a lot to answer for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:40 pm

I stopped eating animals for several reasons, one because I don't like the husbandry methods employed and what is pumped into them. Vegetarians drink milk and certain cheeses, it's vegans that don't. There are many reasons for not eating meat, meat eaters seem to not understand that. Many are health and spirit related.

There's also a political aspect for me and inefficient land use issue to meat production that I don't want to support. It doesn't apply to milk and dairy.
I also note that many animals on the planet, including humans, eat other animals. I just drink their milk. Each to their own sensibilities while we're here.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:29 pm

I have not eaten meat for 10 years, semi skimmed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:49 pm

The point is that in order to drink milk cows have to be kept in lactation. The resulting bull calves will be slaughtered after being taken from their mothers. It can't work otherwise. It's nothing to do with being vegan or vegetarian. It's to do with killing animals.

Me? I'm neither vegan or vegetarian. I'm a hypocrite.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:54 pm

I catch and eat fish, I eat prawns, modern meat is so fecked up I don't want to eat it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?   Whole, Semi Or Skimmed? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whole, Semi Or Skimmed?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next