Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gary Neville Autobiography

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Gary Neville Autobiography  Empty
PostSubject: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:46 am

Anyone else read it ? Its excellent, just hitting the last chapter, id recommend it to anyone
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 7:20 am

Has it got a plastic cover?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 11:48 am

What's it about?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:20 pm

How detailed do the dots get in the final chapter Dane? Have you had to buy ultra fine crayons?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:10 pm

Grovehill wrote:
What's it about?

Its about the best right back england have had since 1970
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:27 pm

Saltash green wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
What's it about?

he's not even the best right back in his family. Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:34 pm

Saltash green wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
What's it about?

Why would Gary Neville write a book about Phil Neal and then call it his autobiography? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:35 pm

Phil Neal ??? not a patch on G-NEV
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:37 pm

Have you ever been to Old Trafford?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:45 pm

Plenty of times !!!! One of my lad inside old trafford before a game last season and Not to mention the trips in europe buying tickets outside the ground , and the 1999 champs league final of which one of the photos below is from.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

hope that answers your question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:57 pm

Thank you Very Happy

I ask all United fans the same question by the way, no offence meant....this time Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:17 pm

I understand
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:06 pm

One Love, One Life, One Club....my local Club.

I was born and grew up in Exeter and was lucky enough to have backbone and strength, hence I could only support Exeter City FC.

The majority on here have the backbone and strength to follow their local football Club. I can accept when one is a child the attraction of something shiny, but childhood turns to adulthood and children become men.

If I was weak, feeble minded and lacked spine I too would be a wanker and follow a Premiershite team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:21 pm

The Red Star wrote:

I was born and grew up in Exeter and was lucky enough to have backbone and strength, hence I could only support Exeter City FC.

The majority on here have the backbone and strength to follow their local football Club. I can accept when one is a child the attraction of something shiny, but childhood turns to adulthood and children become men.

If I was weak, feeble minded and lacked spine I too would be a wanker and follow a Premiershite team.

I can understand your feelings O Red One. There are some exceptions as family ties and backgrounds can mean that you end up supporting a Premiershite club, whilst having been born somewhere else. What I do find strange is when grown men have a Premiership club they follow at first hand AND a local club. As for then engaging with the supporters websites from that local club then that is plain weird. Even further having the cheek and audacity to criticise that club and its supporters deserves nothing but contempt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:25 pm

Quote :

thats an illness not backbone and strength,

'' Be proud to say you have worked hard, Be United ''
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 5:02 pm

Nick Wall wrote:
The Red Star wrote:

I can understand your feelings O Red One. There are some exceptions as family ties and backgrounds can mean that you end up supporting a Premiershite club, whilst having been born somewhere else. What I do find strange is when grown men have a Premiership club they follow at first hand AND a local club. As for then engaging with the supporters websites from that local club then that is plain weird. Even further having the cheek and audacity to criticise that club and its supporters deserves nothing but contempt.

I agree Nick, there are exceptions. Your last point is spot on too.

Saltash Green is the sort of person you get introduced to who says he knows football and asks you who you support, you say your local team and he says "yeah, but what Premiership side do you support". He then goes on about big Premiership stars as if he knows them, probably even twittering them trying to make himself a big man when in truth I bet he is just a dumpy lard arse, laughed at by friends and family alike.

Held in contempt by real Man Utd fans from the locality and ridiculed too by Argyle fans as a plastic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 5:41 pm

The Red Star wrote:
Saltash Green is the sort of person you get introduced to who says he knows football and asks you who you support, you say your local team and he says "yeah, but what Premiership side do you support". He then goes on about big Premiership stars as if he knows them, probably even twittering them trying to make himself a big man when in truth I bet he is just a dumpy lard arse, laughed at by friends and family alike.

You've met him, then? Uncanny. lol!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 6:03 pm

I think I've mentioned this before but on one battle bus away trip to Leeds (17 year old Arron Lennon destroyed us) we stopped at a services and bumped into some Leeds fans. Asked them how they were etc and the accent was familiar- where you from mate? Plymouth! came the reply. The janner whites going to Leeds to watch their plastic club against their hometown club- wankers. Also seen janner reds, blues etc minibuses in Plymouth.

Plastics tend to get very angry when their club lose as they have to be ultra obsessed to prove their loyalty. Very bad losers usually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 6:05 pm

Best autobiography I have got through is Alex Ferguson's one. The worst was Fernando Torres.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 7:56 pm

Seven Pillars of Wisdom: A Triumph is the best autobiography I've read.

T.E Lawrence aka Larry of Arabia.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 10:49 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

What did you make of the "rape"?
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:48 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:

Good Chingford lad. He had a small house on Pole Hill in Chingford which was knocked down and moved to Loughton in the 30's (I think) but the foundations still remain as does a commemorative plaque.

And that's the Chingford update for today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:25 pm

Is the Chingford Skinhead still with us?
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:28 pm

Greenskin wrote:

Now we have IDS.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:19 pm

Chingers wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Now we have IDS.......

Deepest sympathy to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gary Neville Autobiography    Gary Neville Autobiography  Empty

Back to top Go down

Gary Neville Autobiography
Page 1 of 1