tonsils
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Oxford Away - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 8:40 pm

shonbo wrote:
Right here goes then.
Arrived at the Priory with Aviva boy at 12:45. Good pub, good marquee, good range of ales (I may have had a pint or two of Old Hooky) Good Pork Rolls, looked like good burgers and a surfing machine which I didn't try.(also free Candy Floss). Good mix of both sets of fans.

2:15 make way to ground, no sign of MOG or LG. (Suspicion was MOG has family with him and may have to earn brownie points & LG lying face down in gutter having started at Wetherspoons at 11:30)

Get to ground and just as we are about to go in phone call from LG, apparently bus took longer than expected. We wait and this young fit good looking guy turns up and introduces himself.

All three of us get in the ground and a few minutes later another call from MOG. Didn't make the Priory but has family in tow. I try to describe where we are (badly), then wave at somebody, my associates cringed when I shouted at someone and asked "Are you mouldy?"

Anyway a few phone calls later, we are there talking to the goatmeister himself who has brought his son to see his first match. I imagine after the noise we made in the first half and at the end he prob enjoyed it.

First 10 minutes we kind of start as I remember from last season, (I contemplate going back to the Priory) and then something weird happens, Argyle string together around 16 passes together. A little ponderous at times but interspersed with one or two neat flicks and alll of a sudden Gugieres (sic?) runs passed a couple of players knocks it into path of the onrushing Feeny who places it into the net.....

.....only to be given offside. I didn't see if he was or not, I was still befuddled by the passing and running passed people stuff.

Sure enough 5 minutes later Oxford score what looked like a piss easy goal when Nelson tried to play total football and lost it. Cole had no chance.

Following that, Argyle continued with the passing game and had chances but Feeney chose to dummy rather than shoot!

Following this spurt, Oxford broke and strolled the second into the net as the defence went awol.

subs were for Gugieres who I think was injured and a welcome return for Berry, who made an immediate impact down the right, with Bhas moving to left mid.

Most players were playing fairly ok with the exception of the skipper who could only pass to a yellow shirt and looked fairly out of sorts.

Oxford took their foot off the gas, which allowed Argyle to play with their new ponderous Barcelona style footy.

Williams free kick was a curling thing of ATD golden beautifulness. (ATD 1 - 1 Pasoti/Nikk hundreds and thousands 0).

After the goal, both sides could have scored but Paris's thunderous shot hit the post with 5 minutes to go. Cole having to make a couple of good saves.

We lost, but better than anything I saw last season.

Cole - 6
Nelson - 5
Purse - 4
Blanchard - 5
Bhas - 6 LB then 7 LM, gave his all
Hourihane - 6
Wooton - 5
Young - 6
Cowan-Hall - 5 FH, 7 SH - got better as the game went on
Gugieres - 7 (must have been injured)
Feeney - 6 (worked his socks off, lacking in confidence in front of goal?)

Subs
Berry - 7
Chadwick - 6
ATD GOLDEN BOY - 8 played really well Smile and great goal

Great to meet MOG and LG today. I left the match confused....twas not as bad as I expected.
Cheers all

Hi shonbo, it was good to meet you, your boy and LG!

You were right about the brownie points, I drove there and the wife was not happy with my driving (she never is) and I had daughter with me as well.

I thought Argyle played quite well. As people have said before they just can't do it in front of goal. At times they seemed scared to shoot even my lad picked up on it and he's only 8. I for one would rather they took a shot at goal and missed than fannying about trying to pass it to each other.

I agree with most of your ratings except

Cole - 7
Purse - 3
Blanchard - 6
Wooton - 4

I tried to get the family to stay at home because I thought it would be a bad result for the family to go to their first Argyle game but they all enjoyed it and want to go again!

OK we lost but that is what I expected!

Again good to meet you Shonbo.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 8:57 pm

Cheers shonbo, good report and our boy poked it in!
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 9:05 pm

View of the afternoon from me:

1) Good to put some names to faces in relation to Messeurs Shonbo and MOG (cheers for the 'young fit guy' compliment btw!)

2) Away following in good voice before the goals. United fans terrible throughout (however they do have a good big flag...take note FV)

3) Nelson should of cleared the ball for the first. Terrible defending from everyone for the second

4) Never thought I would say this but Williams was a game changer today. Good goal and my man of the match by far. I did comment to Shonbo that I had no idea why I chipped in to sponsor RW in the first place but he did prove me wrong thankfully Laughing

5) My overriding feeling of the day was one of same old, same old. Something needs to change. Forget all this FV, forming a steering board crap and invest some dosh Brent for gods sake!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 9:19 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
shonbo wrote:
Right here goes then.
Arrived at the Priory with Aviva boy at 12:45. Good pub, good marquee, good range of ales (I may have had a pint or two of Old Hooky) Good Pork Rolls, looked like good burgers and a surfing machine which I didn't try.(also free Candy Floss). Good mix of both sets of fans.

2:15 make way to ground, no sign of MOG or LG. (Suspicion was MOG has family with him and may have to earn brownie points & LG lying face down in gutter having started at Wetherspoons at 11:30)

Get to ground and just as we are about to go in phone call from LG, apparently bus took longer than expected. We wait and this young fit good looking guy turns up and introduces himself.

All three of us get in the ground and a few minutes later another call from MOG. Didn't make the Priory but has family in tow. I try to describe where we are (badly), then wave at somebody, my associates cringed when I shouted at someone and asked "Are you mouldy?"

Anyway a few phone calls later, we are there talking to the goatmeister himself who has brought his son to see his first match. I imagine after the noise we made in the first half and at the end he prob enjoyed it.

First 10 minutes we kind of start as I remember from last season, (I contemplate going back to the Priory) and then something weird happens, Argyle string together around 16 passes together. A little ponderous at times but interspersed with one or two neat flicks and alll of a sudden Gugieres (sic?) runs passed a couple of players knocks it into path of the onrushing Feeny who places it into the net.....

.....only to be given offside. I didn't see if he was or not, I was still befuddled by the passing and running passed people stuff.

Sure enough 5 minutes later Oxford score what looked like a piss easy goal when Nelson tried to play total football and lost it. Cole had no chance.

Following that, Argyle continued with the passing game and had chances but Feeney chose to dummy rather than shoot!

Following this spurt, Oxford broke and strolled the second into the net as the defence went awol.

subs were for Gugieres who I think was injured and a welcome return for Berry, who made an immediate impact down the right, with Bhas moving to left mid.

Most players were playing fairly ok with the exception of the skipper who could only pass to a yellow shirt and looked fairly out of sorts.

Oxford took their foot off the gas, which allowed Argyle to play with their new ponderous Barcelona style footy.

Williams free kick was a curling thing of ATD golden beautifulness. (ATD 1 - 1 Pasoti/Nikk hundreds and thousands 0).

After the goal, both sides could have scored but Paris's thunderous shot hit the post with 5 minutes to go. Cole having to make a couple of good saves.

We lost, but better than anything I saw last season.

Cole - 6
Nelson - 5
Purse - 4
Blanchard - 5
Bhas - 6 LB then 7 LM, gave his all
Hourihane - 6
Wooton - 5
Young - 6
Cowan-Hall - 5 FH, 7 SH - got better as the game went on
Gugieres - 7 (must have been injured)
Feeney - 6 (worked his socks off, lacking in confidence in front of goal?)

Subs
Berry - 7
Chadwick - 6
ATD GOLDEN BOY - 8 played really well Smile and great goal

Great to meet MOG and LG today. I left the match confused....twas not as bad as I expected.
Cheers all

Hi shonbo, it was good to meet you, your boy and LG!

You were right about the brownie points, I drove there and the wife was not happy with my driving (she never is) and I had daughter with me as well.

I thought Argyle played quite well. As people have said before they just can't do it in front of goal. At times they seemed scared to shoot even my lad picked up on it and he's only 8. I for one would rather they took a shot at goal and missed than fannying about trying to pass it to each other.

I agree with most of your ratings except

Cole - 7
Purse - 3
Blanchard - 6
Wooton - 4

I tried to get the family to stay at home because I thought it would be a bad result for the family to go to their first Argyle game but they all enjoyed it and want to go again!

OK we lost but that is what I expected!

Again good to meet you Shonbo.

Glad you guys enjoyed each other's company so much, just like ordinary people meeting up. Not freaks, cowards or weirdo's, but Argyle fans.

I hope Mouldy's family do go again and more Argyle fans are born. Just a word of caution though Mouldy, after recent events I'm not sure the club wants us anymore.

I'm not certain if I've been targeted or not yet, but what I do know is that ATD isn't the site to be posting on if you don't want the next bucket of shit to be thrown all over you.

The Trust board have had it in spades, and even now Leigh Rapson and Tony "No jobbie too small" Cholwell are often kicking the Trust just when it thinks it's weathered the storm. Just to remind them that they're still around.

Will Fletcher be sacked? Of course he won't, he's doing a sterling job and is having horrendous bad luck with refereeing decisions and injuries going against us. All we need now is a spirited display against Burnley on Tuesday night, and with a touch of fortune we could be pinching it and drawing a Premier League club in the next round, a huge bonus for the staff who's backpay will be accelerated by the televised game, which counts as unbudgeted income.

Yes that might happen, but I very much doubt it. We will probably battle hard on Tuesday and come away disappointed, which will further dent the players confidence, before taking on unbeaten Northampton and Torquay.

You would think the club would want as many fans as possible, but apparently you have to fit the clubs criteria these days.

Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 9:46 pm

Jock when is your next away match pencilled in your diary?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:18 pm

I went to the match today to see just where the team are in terms of playing and I think they played ok. Not the best at times but with a few better players then we can move up the league and eventually out into L1, but maybe not this season.

Fans come in all shapes and sizes GJ. If the club don't want me then what can I do about it? I am my own man (the wife says so Very Happy ), I have my own mind and I will say what ever I want. If those people in charge don't like it then tough!

If they want me to shut up, tough, I will not!

But by stopping people like us from going to the club they will stop us from taking our children to the club to see why the old man loves Argyle so much and if they don't get the bug then the club will die on its arse and those who seek to control and influence the fanbase will be responsible.

I have done things in my life I am not proud of and as I said a few days ago when the shit hits the fan I will have to deal with it and take the consequences. Will they? Of course not, it will be all those fans that have stopped going to Home Park!

It is like a circle, treat people like shit and they will act like shit.

Buy shit players, have a shit manager with shit tactics and the team will be shit!

As I said I thought they played quite well but there are a few things that need sorting.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:20 pm

MOG, are you able to change your tagline yet? alien
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:48 pm

LondonGreen wrote:
Jock when is your next away match pencilled in your diary?

Really not sure. If we weren't going away next week I would've gone today. Maybe Torquay if I can get a babysitter for the day. I'm itching to see the new style of football and new kit.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:02 pm

I have just got home from Oxford United.

The Priory was a top notch boozer,with a big tent selling beer and burgers/hot pork rolls outside. Both sets of fans were mixing well,no hint of any trouble whatsoever,although plenty of Police and mounted Police were there.

I thought we were unlucky not to get a point today,as it was not as bad as some do say.

Up until Oxford United scored their two goals,Argyle matched them and even bettered them. We created a few chances and had a goal ruled out for offside,a very close call though that was. Then the defence was at fault again for both the Oxford United goals and Argyle went to pot after they went 2 behind.

Second half was much better,especially the last 15-20 minutes. Williams came on and looked hungry and he scored. We hit the post too and Baz had a shot go inches wide.

We created plenty of chances again,as in the early stages of the first half,but as usual there was no danger striker for Argyle.

Some are saying Purse may have picked up an injury this afternoon when he went off ?.

Oxford United fans were dreadful in their support for their team and the 770 Argyle fans [one of the travel club chaps told me that at Gordano Services,and Chris Webb was there too not looking that bothered about the result] were half hearted until those last 15-20 minutes.

There are signs that they can improve,and when FireMan Sam is fit,he could cause some League Two defences problems with the right balls played in to him.

Finally,many there today did want Carl Fletcher replaced with an experienced Manager sometime soon before it is too late.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Oxford Away
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4