Flat_Track_Bully
GreenWhiteBlack
Czarcasm
tonsils
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Oxford Away - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Do you think we'll win a match before 2013?
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:05 pm

yeah,starting at buuuuuuurn,le
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:06 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
oxfordgreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Ian Newell,James Brent, Chris Webb, Zee Zan, the bay window dickheads and the other morons that make up the Forza Nerd......you are destroying this club, take yourselves ,your giant flags, your nerdy fanfests and jump of the Tamar bridge.
This club is in freefall

Can you jump too. thanks

Scuttle of back to pasoti Aviva boy

No thanks, is some one a little upset they didn't get there prediction right.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:13 pm

Punchie was close, but not as close some.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:40 pm

Quite a few got the correct score today.I was 4 goals short.Oxford took their foot off the gas.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:55 pm

oxfordgreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
oxfordgreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Ian Newell,James Brent, Chris Webb, Zee Zan, the bay window dickheads and the other morons that make up the Forza Nerd......you are destroying this club, take yourselves ,your giant flags, your nerdy fanfests and jump of the Tamar bridge.
This club is in freefall

Can you jump too. thanks

Played 3 Lost 3....Punchie got them all right I think.

I was the eternal optimist and forecast a draw somewhere. Wink

The most 'village' club in the Football League.

Run by Avivas, for Avivas jocolor
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:02 pm

Tringreen wrote:
oxfordgreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
oxfordgreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
This club is in freefall

Can you jump too. thanks

No your wrong and you must suffer from short term memory loss. We drew on tuesday Very Happy

And he predicted a draw against aldershot a lose against dag red and a lose against oxford.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:06 pm

Tringreen wrote:
oxfordgreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
oxfordgreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
This club is in freefall

Can you jump too. thanks

Some very interesting results today;

Swansea 3 West Ham 0 [to go top of the premier,when 4 years ago they occupied a lower league position,with a lower fanbase,than us]

Blackpool 6 Ipswich 0 Say no more

Brighton 5 Barnsley 1 Two for Barnes

Scunthorpe 0 Yeovil 4 I well remember Gary Johnson saying back in May that he wanted to get his transfer business done early in order to get his squad settled for the new season.Seems he went about it the right way,which is quite a contrast to another west country team who play in green

Torquay and Exeter both had very good wins-looks like the location excuse offered by some may not be 100% correct after all in relation to Argyle's problems.

Jeez,don't it just all make you want to puke with rage.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:14 pm

oxfordgreen wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
oxfordgreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
oxfordgreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
This club is in freefall

Can you jump too. thanks

No your wrong and you must suffer from short term memory loss. We drew on tuesday Very Happy

And he predicted a draw against aldershot a lose against dag red and a lose against oxford.

You're probably right. Everything at HP is a bit of a blur these days. Can hardly see the reality of how crap we are for all the flags and pastry.

I must have subconsciously regarded hanging on for a 0-0 at the mighty D&R as a defeat.

Fletcher is crap, whichever way you look at it. He has the players to grind out a few results but can't even manage that.

Lose double at Burnley and home to Northampton, who have a praaaaaaaaper manager.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:18 pm

As I said before we missed the boat with Gary Johnson, lets all sit back and watch the the Yeovil show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:00 pm

What you all moaning about, you aint proper fans, at least we still have a club to support, what did you do during the war?
You should be grateful ..even though we have a moneymaking chairman and a wank manager, we still have Chris Webb, nool, zee zan, pilgrim pasties, nerd fests, and forza nerd, wigs and jester hats.
be bleddy grateful
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:15 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
oxfordgreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
oxfordgreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
This club is in freefall

Can you jump too. thanks

Some very interesting results today;

Swansea 3 West Ham 0 [to go top of the premier,when 4 years ago they occupied a lower league position,with a lower fanbase,than us]

Blackpool 6 Ipswich 0 Say no more

Brighton 5 Barnsley 1 Two for Barnes

Scunthorpe 0 Yeovil 4 I well remember Gary Johnson saying back in May that he wanted to get his transfer business done early in order to get his squad settled for the new season.Seems he went about it the right way,which is quite a contrast to another west country team who play in green

Torquay and Exeter both had very good wins-looks like the location excuse offered by some may not be 100% correct after all in relation to Argyle's problems.

Jeez,don't it just all make you want to puke with rage.

I try not to think about it. It's all far too painful. But the worst thing is our demise into the utter hopeless shambles and sick joke of a club we are now was just so un-necessary.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:18 pm

Just heard that in Fletch's pre match bumbling interview, he did manage to say how difficult it was going to BIG clubs like Oxford lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Just heard that in Fletch's pre match bumbling interview, he did manage to say how difficult it was going to BIG clubs like Oxford lol!

I'm surprised Zeezan and the rest of the Forza tw@ts didn't cotton on to that and sell some stupid t-shirts celebrating the fact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:23 pm

Much as I'd love to see a new manager I can't help but think that if Brent is forced to replace Fletcher then he will try to placate the avivas with another cheap option, probably Purse instead of a proven & therefore more costly manager who will do daft things like ask for some money to improve the squad.

Saved by Brent the asset stripper ! it's like being rescued from a shark tank by a grizzly bear :/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:25 pm

Tringreen wrote:

Says it all really so very very village.

But never mind we still have this!!!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:37 pm

You just think things cant get any worse ...but then it does...I've given up...... waste of time and money.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:57 pm

Right here goes then.
Arrived at the Priory with Aviva boy at 12:45. Good pub, good marquee, good range of ales (I may have had a pint or two of Old Hooky) Good Pork Rolls, looked like good burgers and a surfing machine which I didn't try.(also free Candy Floss). Good mix of both sets of fans.

2:15 make way to ground, no sign of MOG or LG. (Suspicion was MOG has family with him and may have to earn brownie points & LG lying face down in gutter having started at Wetherspoons at 11:30)

Get to ground and just as we are about to go in phone call from LG, apparently bus took longer than expected. We wait and this young fit good looking guy turns up and introduces himself.

All three of us get in the ground and a few minutes later another call from MOG. Didn't make the Priory but has family in tow. I try to describe where we are (badly), then wave at somebody, my associates cringed when I shouted at someone and asked "Are you mouldy?"

Anyway a few phone calls later, we are there talking to the goatmeister himself who has brought his son to see his first match. I imagine after the noise we made in the first half and at the end he prob enjoyed it.

First 10 minutes we kind of start as I remember from last season, (I contemplate going back to the Priory) and then something weird happens, Argyle string together around 16 passes together. A little ponderous at times but interspersed with one or two neat flicks and alll of a sudden Gugieres (sic?) runs passed a couple of players knocks it into path of the onrushing Feeny who places it into the net.....

.....only to be given offside. I didn't see if he was or not, I was still befuddled by the passing and running passed people stuff.

Sure enough 5 minutes later Oxford score what looked like a piss easy goal when Nelson tried to play total football and lost it. Cole had no chance.

Following that, Argyle continued with the passing game and had chances but Feeney chose to dummy rather than shoot!

Following this spurt, Oxford broke and strolled the second into the net as the defence went awol.

subs were for Gugieres who I think was injured and a welcome return for Berry, who made an immediate impact down the right, with Bhas moving to left mid.

Most players were playing fairly ok with the exception of the skipper who could only pass to a yellow shirt and looked fairly out of sorts.

Oxford took their foot off the gas, which allowed Argyle to play with their new ponderous Barcelona style footy.

Williams free kick was a curling thing of ATD golden beautifulness. (ATD 1 - 1 Pasoti/Nikk hundreds and thousands 0).

After the goal, both sides could have scored but Paris's thunderous shot hit the post with 5 minutes to go. Cole having to make a couple of good saves.

We lost, but better than anything I saw last season.

Cole - 6
Nelson - 5
Purse - 4
Blanchard - 5
Bhas - 6 LB then 7 LM, gave his all
Hourihane - 6
Wooton - 5
Young - 6
Cowan-Hall - 5 FH, 7 SH - got better as the game went on
Gugieres - 7 (must have been injured)
Feeney - 6 (worked his socks off, lacking in confidence in front of goal?)

Subs
Berry - 7
Chadwick - 6
ATD GOLDEN BOY - 8 played really well Smile and great goal

Great to meet MOG and LG today. I left the match confused....twas not as bad as I expected.
Cheers all

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 8:06 pm

shonbo wrote:
Williams free kick was a curling thing of ATD golden beautifulness. (ATD 1 - 1 Pasoti/Nikk hundreds and thousands 0).

Classic.
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 8:09 pm

Good report alot more positive than expected. Glad you enjoyed the priory decent place to go before a game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 8:14 pm

Thanks Shonbo.

I'm not sure whether us playing slightly better is a good thing or not? It's still not good enough to win games but not badly enough for James Brent to see it isn't working and take action.

Same goes for Tuesday at Burnley. I hope we win, but really don't expect anything other than Burnley strolling it, but what I don't want is for them to lead 1-0 for 85 minutes and we get a late equaliser. Then either beat in extra-time or losing on penalties, both of which will see people hailing it as real progress and unlucky.

If we're going out I would rather we lost 5-0 and Fletcher walks or get sacked.

I don't want to be plucky Plymouth, losing to a contentious offside decision or deflected goal, and Brent praising Fletcher and telling him his job is safe before we lose 2-0 at home to Northampton!

We lose to Northampton and that's 1 point from 4 games, with an away local derby at Torquay to come.

" It's starting to look a lot like last year!" Maybe that's a new song the FV could adopt.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 8:17 pm

I would be tempted to put Bhas in CDM role rather than woots, guy really got stuck in and also rarely (but not never) wasted a ball.

Depending on whether it was an injury or not, I'd play woots at CD.

Still need a striker with presence and not afraid to shoot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 8:19 pm

Thanks shonbo. Good to see some positives (we still lost) but maybe with players returning we can begin again. Your comments echo what I have read and heard elsewhere.

Old Hooky .... mmmmm!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 8:26 pm

Thanks for the report shonbo - interesting to read your thoughts as I wasn't at the game and so just sort of shrugged my shoulders and muttered 'how did we manage to score?' when I saw the result, having avoided football completely this afternoon (apart from doing my accumulator, which included Oxford and was let down by Coventry. The bastards)

My two main thoughts are - we're on course to have as bad a start to this season as we did to last season. And that's a fecking concern on a number of levels.

And, of course, the Mods can change the banner on the homepage to something along the lines of 'ATD, proud sponsor of Argyle's leading League scorer' for this week, at least.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 8:29 pm

Argyle games are so difficult to unpick. Feared the worse as soon as we went 1 up top. Looked an awful tactic, and playing for a draw filled with fear, with Feeney up against taller much bigger centre backs but it worked up to a point, that point being no midfield support for anything he did hold up. This is why I deeply wonder about CF ability as a manager.

Defence was awful for the goals someone should be preparing to to paint over Purses mural. Gu and PCH should have extra crossing practice this week. Whoever was pushing for PCH to start should have their footballing brain retuned.

However but and would you believe it we somehow fashioned something akin to a footballing 20 mins at the end of the game. It seemed to me to be Wooton urging everyone on. I've seen all 3 league games now and whilst I don't believe today was overall anywhere good enough for 20 mins we were OK. Anyone getting moist on those 20 mins is deluded though. A season full of the same football as those 20 mins will be enough to avoid relegation and nothing more. It's also a long shot placing a lot of hope on the Welsh fireman. 3 loans would seem the minimum required but who looking around for a club would choose one at the bottom end of the whole football league.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Away   Oxford Away - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Oxford Away
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next