Charlie Wood
Czarcasm
tcm
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
swampy

Chris Webb - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:07 pm

Makes me puke all this self promotion. Got the mood of the average Argo fan wrong with the call to sing PUP, got the mood of the average Argo fan wrong with collecting money for Pompey in buckets, now another crass idea, jumping on the Olympic bandwagon to dilute the RM's gold box idea which was a good one. Still an opportunity to get his face in the paper again. And the mods on Pasoti true to form move the thread as soon as El Pres comes in for some stick as opposed to great idea Chris, wonderful idea Chris, blah blah blah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:38 pm

The Ghoul was parading round the pitch with the fans-reunited banner tonight, that whole event was an embarrassing failure tonight, i think even the Pompey fans were cringing at it.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:25 am

He's escaped again ! What a Face
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:31 am

louisdepalma wrote:
Clearly you had you head up your ass as usual Punchy. All I saw was the Pompey fans applauding the pre match statements and holding the banner aloft at the rear of the Barn Park.

What a miserable small minded bunch you all are on here. Can you not see the good in anything?

I think the majority of us do recognise good intentions when they are well meant. It's just that anything that's done, anything at all, is used for self promotion by Webb. From the troubles of Pompey to Tom Daleys' letterbox, he's there, saying. 'look at me, look at me'.

Some of us can see through him. Others can't.

Actually, Tom Daley's letterbox sounds like a euphamism. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:34 am

Why should anyone help Pompey. How many times have they been in admin now ? There has to come a point where enough is enough
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:38 am

Saltash green wrote:
Why should anyone help Pompey. How many times have they been in admin now ? There has to come a point where enough is enough

I think quite a few have the same feeling SG. After our admin we signed poor players like Feeney and Chadwick on low wages. Pompey signed Norris, Kitson, Lawrence who are all on £15 - 20k contracts. Then you add Ben Haim, Kanu and the misfits from their Premier league days and their wage budget is astronomical even with the parachute payments. Its not the fault of the fans but the succession of foreign owners.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:38 am

louisdepalma wrote:
Clearly you had you head up your ass as usual Punchy. All I saw was the Pompey fans applauding the pre match statements and holding the banner aloft at the rear of the Barn Park.

What a miserable small minded bunch you all are on here. Can you not see the good in anything?

So do you think the Royal Mail should break the rule it made and allow a Post Box to be painted bronze? Or should the re-think and paint all medallists postboxes the colour of the medal won? If you do then the people of Plymouth disagree with you as you can see if you read their comments on the Herald website.

Also should one be painted gold in honour of the Lithuanian swimmer who trains in Plymouth? What about for anyone who's ever been to Plymouth? Or have even heard of Plymouth?
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:45 am

With you on that PP. He has become a bit of a publicity or media whore. 7th August posting no more on Pasotin not for the first time, 5 days later couldn't resisit the opportunity to jump on the Daley post box idea, hijacking it and turning a 3 and a half page thread of congrats to Daley, into "Look what I'm going to do" people with another ill conceived idea. The thread turns off topic a bit as he comes in for a bit of flak and his mates hurriedly move it to a lesser forum, all too predictable and political as usual. He really, really should stop posting on forums as a club rep, too many errors of judgement, too many ill thought out ideas even if he might have the best of intentions. The typical Argyle fan does not want to sing Play up Pompey, does not want to give money to a club that like Leeds, Leicester and Rangers will soon be lording it over us again, does not want players with barely 2 dozen appearances for the club chosen as a legend on a mural cos he's a new bessy mate and the list goes on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:34 pm

louisdepalma wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
louisdepalma wrote:

So do you think the Royal Mail should break the rule it made and allow a Post Box to be painted bronze? Or should the re-think and paint all medallists postboxes the colour of the medal won? If you do then the people of Plymouth disagree with you as you can see if you read their comments on the Herald website.

Also should one be painted gold in honour of the Lithuanian swimmer who trains in Plymouth? What about for anyone who's ever been to Plymouth? Or have even heard of Plymouth?

Of course not! I agree with you. I was referring to Mr Positive himself, Punchdrunk.

Any excuse to be negative.

Ah sorry, I mistook your ALL for all of us Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:03 pm

louisdepalma wrote:
You are, I was referring to you all being miserable. Doesn't mean I don't agree with some of the tripe that is spouted on here.

I'm so happy I could shit right now Very Happy Just tempered by a crap away draw against Burnley Rolling Eyes I was hoping for Reading, Swindon or Southampton away so I could make the game easily. If not, then a team worse than us at home, slim chance of that though, or a decent away game for the fans and for the club to make some dosh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:54 pm

Have we EVER won at Turf Moor... serious question?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:09 pm

Brian Clough once said of the board room at Forest. "Unforfunately the game attracts a certain percentage of people who are nobodies in their own walk of life and want to become sombodies through football". Plus ca change.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:37 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
The Ghoul was parading round the pitch with the fans-reunited banner tonight, that whole event was an embarrassing failure tonight, i think even the Pompey fans were cringing at it.

Sorry but that is so untrue . The Pompey fans loved it and applauded it loudly . Why such a misrepresentation of what happened ? I await one of your "robust " replies .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:56 pm

greengenes wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Sorry but that is so untrue . The Pompey fans loved it and applauded it loudly . Why such a misrepresentation of what happened ? I await one of your "robust " replies .

The fan fest was a non-starter for one, apparently the Pompey fans turned up in force only to be let down by our own tent dwellers according to someone over on Pasoti who then had a dig at the trust for the same reason.
You say the Pompey fans applauded it loudly ...loudly according to who? ...you!....cos where i was sat (the Lyndhurst) there was distinctly scattered applause and in the main barely audible from pompeys fans, where were the buckets Webb was banging on about beforehand? i never seen any and even if there was any buckets i doubt they would have collected much. The whole thing was put on a pedestal by James Brents very own spin doctor Chris Webb and in the end he was made to look a little bit silly by its failure.
Bum licking nonsense at the end of the day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:01 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
greengenes wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

The fan fest was a non-starter for one, apparently the Pompey fans turned up in force only to be let down by our own tent dwellers according to someone over on Pasoti who then had a dig at the trust for the same reason.
You say the Pompey fans applauded it loudly ...loudly according to who? ...you!....cos where i was sat (the Lyndhurst) there was distinctly scattered applause and in the main barely audible, where were the buckets Webb was banging on about beforehand? i never seen any and even if there was any buckets i doubt they would have collected much. The whole thing was put on a pedestal by James Brents very own spin doctor Chris Webb and in the end he was made to look a little bit silly by its failure.

Nonsense . And you know it is but dont let the truth get in the way of a good arguement . Were you at the fans Fest ? I was ( cos I is a arse licker ) and had some good chats with Pompey fans including having a go at them for scaring me to death at "that match" at Home Park .

Fancy a pint sometime ?
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:02 pm

i could hear them from the demport?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:04 pm

tcm wrote:

Theres none so blind as those who will not see and deaf as those who will not hear . gg chapter 4 verse 3 .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:05 pm

tcm wrote:

In the end its a matter of opinion, one mans "loud applause" is very much different from what another thinks
personally ive heard louder applause for the ball boys running on but hey ho..each to their own

Last edited by punchdrunk on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:06 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
tcm wrote:

In the end its a matter of opinion, one mans "loud applause" is very much different from what another thinks and we could go on all night on this

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thai green

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:07 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
greengenes wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

You say the Pompey fans applauded it loudly ...loudly according to who? ...you!....cos where i was sat (the Lyndhurst) there was distinctly scattered applause and in the main barely audible from pompeys fans, where were the buckets Webb was banging on about beforehand? i never seen any and even if there was any buckets i doubt they would have collected much. The whole thing was put on a pedestal by James Brents very own spin doctor Chris Webb and in the end he was made to look a little bit silly by its failure.

800 quid collected in the buckets !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:11 pm

greengenes wrote:
tcm wrote:

Theres none so blind as those who will not see and deaf as those who will not hear . gg chapter 4 verse 3 .

That could be said for most of the "Forza nerd" or Webb and Newells disciples at the fan fests
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Thai green wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
greengenes wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

800 quid collected in the buckets !

Which buckets though? Because originally I saw that the buckets were collecting for Pompey, but when that was blasted on Pasoti it changed to money collected at the home end was going towards the staff debt and the money collected at the away end was going to the Pompey fund.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:15 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
greengenes wrote:
tcm wrote:

That could be said for most of the "Forza nerd" or Webb and Newells disciples at the fan fests

How do you class me then ? Forza Nerd or Webb and Newell disciple ?
Back to top Go down
Thai green

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:22 pm

800 quid collected in the buckets ! [/quote]

Which buckets though? Because originally I saw that the buckets were collecting for Pompey, but when that was blasted on Pasoti it changed to money collected at the home end was going towards the staff debt and the money collected at the away end was going to the Pompey fund.[/quote]

Fair point Jock, yes I remember that too now, so my answer is I have no idea, just a grand total from the buckets of 800.20p according to Sue Pollard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:27 pm

I don't post a lot on here as the focus of this site is less to do with football and more to do with personalities . I know and understand the reasons for this but I think ATD would progress more as an Argyle discussion board if there was more football chat . There are a couple of posters on here who just find fault in everything . I'm not sure if Freathy is serious or someones alter ego . I must say though thats its inevitable that anyone who puts their head above the parapet at Argyle will inevitably get vociferous criticism from a section of the fanbase . Twas always thus .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Webb
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next