Mock Cuncher
GreenWhiteBlack
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. Empty
PostSubject: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:15 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/My-support-for-the-2012-13-football-season-with-certificate-and-free-pint-/230827697915?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35be6726fb#ht_500wt_1287

Surely worth a bid JB?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:29 pm

GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/My-support-for-the-2012-13-football-season-with-certificate-and-free-pint-/230827697915?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35be6726fb#ht_500wt_1287

Surely worth a bid JB?

Quality Razz

Another example of the fans being shafted and treated as 3rd class citizens. The Cardiff situation will become commonplace as more owners decide they want to tinker with their toy. History and heritage will go out of the window.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:06 pm

Would you support argyle if we were completely re branded?

Say we were called the knights and played in grey for example... I think i'd struggle personally
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:25 pm

I'd rather us play in grey than the excuse for a kit Harry has provided us with!
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:29 pm

According to the description given previously on the fan fests then Grey would be an in colour. The Grey Army sounds right.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:46 pm

ATD should bid for him - have we got any money left in the kitty?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:46 pm

GreenWhiteBlack...

I do not condone the widespread use of the term 'Knight'. It is frankly bad enough that HRH has permitted oiks like Sugar, Ferguson and Coe to swan around making hay pretending to suddenly be on a par with a heritage of over 800 years! What with that odious class traitor Clegg chomping away at the bit, it is a testing time for nobility...

"But dedicated individuals cannot compensate for flawed institutions, and this bill is about fixing a flawed institution."

Absolute rot! Democratic politics in the modern age can be awfully dispiriting for a nobleman. One gets used to witnessing a procession of plebs and charlatans ease their way up the slippery pole whilst truly pukka chaps look on enviously from the outside. Ask the newly formed Kingsbridge Yeomanry Militia whether the aristocracy is dead! Ask those plucky sons of the shires who have pledged faithfully "to defend my Lord Cuncher until the last drop of blood has left my body so help me God" whether they reject the ancient idea of noble privilege! Perhaps Clegg ought to take a trip down to Kingsbridge and see how it's done, what!

It just goes to show, chaps. You can't trust anyone. It's not always the obvious types you have to watch out for. Remember Blunt. Remember Burgess. Pukka chaps, but traitors. Keep your eyes peeled.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 7:22 am

GreenWhiteBlack wrote:

Say we were called the knights and played in grey for example... I think i'd struggle personally

I'd struggle, but if that was as far as it went I would still have to support them.

If they were moved from Home Park, changed name, changed shirt colour and were totally unrecognisable from Argyle then I think my interest would wane so much that it would become just a passing interest.

Growing up in Truro, where Truro City were just South Western League also rans, I had no interest in them whatsoever, other than to venture up to Treyew Rd when they played any friendlies against big teams like Argyle, long time ago, Sheff Utd and Spurs, and their crowds were usually one man and his dog and a few mates of the players. I used the clubhouse for drinking and played pool up there a fair bit over the years, and I knew quite a few players who played for City over the years.

Several times people asked if City ever progressed through the leagues, or drew Argyle in the F.A.Cup, would I still support Argyle and the answer was yes,I wouldn't switch whatever happened. When H****y took them over and started ploughing money in, they started rising through the leagues and getting a bigger following, but still other than a cursory glance at their results every now and again, the weren't of any great interest, even when they played locally to me. I did go to their game in Bradford on Avon, and I had a beer afterwards with an old mate who was playing for them, who incidentally told me he was getting £1,000 a month tax free playing for them! Not too shabby as a hobby.

They had a following of around 50 from Truro, and I knew a few of them, but they were en route to Wembley in the F.A. Vase that season, where they took tens of thousands of fans. Even though some mates were going to Wembley I wasn't interested in going, but was glad they won the trophy.

Couple of years later and they were only one league off the BSP, and an old mate from Truro had moved near me and he went to several games in the area and asked if I wanted to go with him, but it still didn't interest me.

Their bubble is just about to burst but even if it wasn't and they passed us on the way up, I would still support Argyle, and would probably enjoy the local rivalry. If something weird happened and they merged with Argyle in a kind of franchise, then unless the whole football league was turned into local franchises, then I think that would be when it wouldn't be Argyle for me anymore and I would give up on them.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:08 am

Rickler wrote:

I'll add another 20
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:53 am

It reminds me of the the thames valley thing tried years ago merging clubs. Basically, these owners think they can just turn Cardif into the Wales team, just as Penzance and Newlyn Pirates were turned into the Cornish Pirates. More proof of the creeping American franchise culture. How come we only import the distasteful parts of their culture ?
I am firmly of the belief that under cover of the 'Devon and Cornwall' World Cup thing, Keith Todd, who was never the big Argyle fan he portrayed himself as, had plans to somehow try and merge the clubs down here into one.
I must remember to buy Vladimir Putin a pint when I see him.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 11:59 am

shonbo wrote:
Rickler wrote:

I'll add another 20

And me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:33 pm

So would I, this is an excellent way to make a point. Let's try to pull this one off!

£20
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:09 pm

GreenWhiteBlack wrote:

Greenjock wrote:

If they were moved from Home Park, changed name, changed shirt colour and were totally unrecognisable from Argyle then I think my interest would wane so much that it would become just a passing interest.

You raise a point I have long suspected.... Plymouth fans don't really support 'Argyle'. They support the team that is playing at Home Park.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:34 pm

GOB wrote:
So would I, this is an excellent way to make a point. Let's try to pull this one off!

£20

How much was left in the kitty after we sponsored Williams?

If we could win this auction, the publicity would be awesome (and I'm certain it would push us into the category of 'most famous Argyle message board' at the expense of others Wink )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 5:08 pm

And I'm so impressed to see that pasoti may be taking this up as well. A lesson to all other football supporters. Should we get into a competition with them? Smile

The auction has now reached £215.

Thank you hairy Very Happy

Last edited by knecht on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 5:12 pm

knecht wrote:
But don't let pasoti know. They'd only want to compete with us. Smile

The auction has now reached £215

Especially Newell, but he doesn't bother looking at ATD anyway so it should be Ok.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 5:39 pm

Rickler wrote:
GreenWhiteBlack wrote:

Greenjock wrote:

You raise a point I have long suspected.... Plymouth fans don't really support 'Argyle'. They support the team that is playing at Home Park.

Possibly Ricks. Nothing wrong with that is there ? Laughing
There are only 4 reasons for my support ... the history of supporting with my family and friends, the colour green, the name Argyle, and Home Park. what other reason should there be ?
So, yes, I personally would say Home Park is essential as far as I am concerned. If they were playing in Sarum, I wouldn't support that club, no, even if they wore green and called themselves Argyle. I'm not a brand man, geographical roots are my bag. Do you have any geographical roots that mean anything to you ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 5:43 pm

http://pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=69715

Posted 10 minutes before this one... quick, EDIT those anti-pasoti posts.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 7:12 pm

lets get a bid in, I'll go up to £50 Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Im not this 'fergy' fella by the way, a friend showed it to me haha.

How much is in the kitty at the moment? People on this thread alone have promised £110 alone!

A fan sponsored by ATD.. that would be quality!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 11:05 pm

Up to £300 now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Latest bid on E Bay is also £300.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 11:16 pm

oddball wrote:
Latest bid on E Bay is also £300.

That's what I meant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:23 pm

Here's something that will without doubt interest at least two of our pasoti friends, I suugest we start bidding now!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/6212000/Council-parking-spaces-to-be-auctioned-on-eBay.html#
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:03 pm

I think you're all mad. A good ebay stunt from cardiff that made it's point, and made very well it was.
But that's it. Is this site getting some sort of Pasoti bucket rattling mentality just for the fashionable sake of it ? Should ATD get it's very own tattoo ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..   Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Come on Argyle, lets put in a bid..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next