mouldyoldgoat
Mock Cuncher
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:58 pm

Penz, I'm not following you, all those listed IP's show in my statistics as where I have posted from, if they can then be matched to anyone else it proves the point how worthless the IP tracking system is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:08 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Hang on a minute. YOUR IP wasn't the one involved, it was one of the ones used by a poster who had been banned by the previous moderators who had identified another poster where the same IP cropped up, which aroused their suspicions. Both posters were emailed asking which identity they wanted to keep. No response was received from either party so after a period of time it was decided to ban both posters.

Are you now saying you've had multiple identities on this side, and if so I'd like to ask you if you have any other ones on here right now?

You've lost me here Charlie ... are you talking to me ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:09 pm

Penz wrote:
We've all had a learning curve when starting moderating a site, but the last thing someone should do is post willy nilly information thay have no idea what it might contain..... or am I talking out of turn here ?

Yes you are. What Charlie posted was his own IP address list and there's not much you could do with just an IP address anyway unless you are very, very good at hacking and if the device you are trying to hack isn't that well protected and if that IP address is static; there's a lot of variables. I would strongly suggest that no mod on pasoti or ATD could use an IP address for ill; they might be OK at IT but you need to be very good at IT indeed to hack someone's device if all you know is their IP address.

Most IP addresses these days are dynamic (as proven by Charlie's long list of numbers) so knowing someone's IP address will only really tell you who their ISP is and there's really a 0.0000000000000001% chance that you could have your PC hacked. The worst thing that could possibly happen is that someone could use you IP address to impersonate you to their ISP but then, they'd have to know all the other personal information attached to the account - things like your postal/billing address (IPs only give an idea of the area you are in and aren't like telephone numbers or even postcodes), your full name, your date of birth, your bank details.

In short Penz, the information Charlie posted was his own information and it's actually useless to anyone.

Last edited by hairy j on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:10 pm

Penz wrote:
Well, maybe there's the problem Knecht. If someone doesn't understand just a little technical significance of the information you might be posting publicly as a moderator, and none of us are foolproof, best not publish it eh ? ... what was to be gained ? I can't remember anyone doing such a thing on ATD before.
And that was my question, was Charlie's post a personal decision, or, given the heightened problem at the time, was it a joint decision to post a bunch of IPs regardles of proxys.

We've all had a learning curve when starting moderating a site, but the last thing someone should do is post willy nilly information thay have no idea what it might contain..... or am I talking out of turn here ?

But, Penz, they weren't "a bunch" of ips - they were all Charlie's - no one else's. Read my explanation again.

Now, that's all three of the mods on answering you. Smile (and hairy)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:14 pm

I get it and I'm computer thick. I'm also accused of being pedantic.......
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:26 pm

Penz wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
Hang on a minute. YOUR IP wasn't the one involved, it was one of the ones used by a poster who had been banned by the previous moderators who had identified another poster where the same IP cropped up, which aroused their suspicions. Both posters were emailed asking which identity they wanted to keep. No response was received from either party so after a period of time it was decided to ban both posters.

Are you now saying you've had multiple identities on this side, and if so I'd like to ask you if you have any other ones on here right now?

You've lost me here Charlie ... are you talking to me ?

No Penz, I'd just come in from work. It was aimed at Saltash Green
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:37 pm

IJN has posted this on pasoti-

Quote :
I have today, spoken with the hoaxer.

As I thought, it started as a small joke (in his mind) and the simply got out of hand.

I'm happy to let it rest there and I'll have a word with nikkk about it.

To stop any further guessing games, he's not called Dane. Mike or Louis, so let us leave it there.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=69594&start=135
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:18 pm

There you go, that nice Mr Newell has sorted it out so there is nothing left to go on about is there.................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

In the mean time perhaps you would be willing to in ban my virgin broadband ip seeing as I'm clearly not banned anymore
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:23 pm

So are you saying you posted on here as Braidie Cole and Parr Street Green?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:24 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
IJN has posted this on pasoti-

Quote :

As I thought, it started as a small joke (in his mind) and the simply got out of hand.

I'm happy to let it rest there and I'll have a word with nikkk about it.

To stop any further guessing games, he's not called Dane. Mike or Louis, so let us leave it there.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=69594&start=135

It a bit of meme. Nothing to see here. All sorted. Move on. Everyone none the wiser and expected to fall in line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:27 pm

[quote="Chemical Ali"]IJN has posted this on pasoti-

Quote :

So he now thinks it's a joke that got out of hand does he ? I remember the classic "youthful highjinks" famous case of the 70s with someone half asleep judge sitting in judgement of the young of his own peers.

You just can't make this stuff up. When will this culture be shown up for what it is ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:28 pm

Greenjock wrote:
And I think just about everyone else on here agrees with you Dane. Now as an ATD poster, it's your call I would say as to what happens next.

Charlie has apologised and explained what happened and it did include giving out your IP address, so the question is now what would you like to happen now?

Nothing. Im not in a position to take any moral high ground. I understand that people are gonna blame me for these acts , because of my past. I made that bed and am prepared to lay in it.

What I don't expect is

To be accused of raping 13 yr old girls
Ripping st Luke's off for thousands of pound
Or to have my details passed from website to website. Especially when one of them is corrupt,

But all 3 have happened. So hey ho.

Last edited by Saltash green on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Saltash green wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
And I think just about everyone else on here agrees with you Dane. Now as an ATD poster, it's your call I would say as to what happens next.

Charlie has apologised and explained what happened and it did include giving out your IP address, so the question is now what would you like to happen now?

Nothing. Im in now position to take any moral high ground. I understand that people are gonna blame me for these acts , because of my past. I made that bed and am prepared to lay in it.

What I don't expect is

Or to have my details passed from website to website. Especially when one of them is corrupt,

If you're referring to me with this, I never accused you of it at all, I pointed out that 2 friends on your twitter list were boasting about raping a 13 yr old girl and filming it. This feed was seen by dozens of people on here.

And Charlie asked you if you were the one posting as Braidie Cole and Parr St. to clear something up.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:34 pm

I may be misreading but I thought it was distinctly said it wasn't your ip address that was handed over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:49 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Saltash green wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Nothing. Im in now position to take any moral high ground. I understand that people are gonna blame me for these acts , because of my past. I made that bed and am prepared to lay in it.

What I don't expect is

If you're referring to me with this, I never accused you of it at all, I pointed out that 2 friends on your twitter list were boasting about raping a 13 yr old girl and filming it. This feed was seen by dozens of people on here.

And Charlie asked you if you were the one posting as Braidie Cole and Parr St. to clear something up.

Not at you at all. This matter was dealt with by the police. So if you hadnt had a visit then it's safe to say your not involved
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:58 pm

"And Charlie asked you if you were the one posting as Braidie Cole and Parr St. to clear something up."

Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:00 pm

Seeing as I don't give a sh!t about all this game playing on here or pasoti anymore.

Yes I was !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:02 pm

And does your ex-player, Braidie, know you were pretending to be him?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:12 pm

Well perhaps you now understand all the consequences of the games you have played. The previous moderators were absolutely correct in their decision to ban those two posters as you broke the rule that you signed up to, namely :- "We may also refuse/delete your membership should you employ misleading email or IP addresses".

Those two posters remain banned and a consequence of that is an IP ban on all their IP addresses. Members might like to look up the posts of Braidie Cole where you denied time and again being Dane Bunney.

The moderators discussed your membership as Saltash Green as it was suspected you had posted, and been banned, as BC and PSG but decided that as that could not be proved conclusively and as you were not trying to cause trouble you should be allowed to stay.

If you have any other identities registered on here now I urge you to PM a moderator to have it/them deleted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:18 pm

It's not like me and I hate to but in clown but...

In a rare instance and when a pain in the ass user makes a cock up, you can in fact trace an IP address to an actual property, or within yards of a property. You need a bit of luck and I won't say how, but it can be done on rare occasions,

If I remember rightly Penz and me managed to track down two dodgy IP's, one of which had a very interesting IP address indeed. It can't always be done but sometimes it can.

BTW for those that like to create havoc in groups, the bigger the group the more cock ups you make. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:29 pm

I have been trying to follow this in my normal computer illiterate numpty way, if my son told me I'd need to feed my mouse I would probably put cheese next to it, and I think it was already said previously that the chances of tracing somebody from this would be rare.

All I can say is that there appears to be no harm done to anyone and if Charlie resigns over this then it would be wrong. Life is full of what if's and maybe's which usually don't happen. Nothing happened here as far as I can see and nothing else should.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:53 pm

hairy j wrote:

Most IP addresses these days are dynamic (as proven by Charlie's long list of numbers) so knowing someone's IP address will only really tell you who their ISP is and there's really a 0.0000000000000001% chance that you could have your PC hacked. The worst thing that could possibly happen is that someone could use you IP address to impersonate you to their ISP but then, they'd have to know all the other personal information attached to the account - things like your postal/billing address (IPs only give an idea of the area you are in and aren't like telephone numbers or even postcodes), your full name, your date of birth, your bank details.

In short Penz, the information Charlie posted was his own information and it's actually useless to anyone.

Yes, thanks hairy, I'm not daft and I'm quite aware of dynamic addresses as they are commonplace these days with so many mobile devices and other needs.. Actually, they are easier to find animal tracks all over in a period of time than when the big providers like Sky and virgin use big group proxies to deal with high traffic flows or when government 'authorities' are doing their thing on forums such as these for various reasons, and funnel certain traffic through a filter. And that's before you even get into the whole industry built up around IPs to disguise which country you are in. There are often times when at least 10 people are logged onto a site like this with the same headline IP address... and then, the next day, they're back to normal. And I disagree, it doesn't need much skill to hack ... just the right software and the desire to do so.... and the odd password is invaluable.

But that still doesn't mean we should publish any of those addresses or any details whatsoever. there has been a long term policy of the odd moderator over on Pasoti to out certain fans, and that is well well known. Internet privacy is absolutely paramount, above all else, and this is what it's all about, and the desire of certain Pasoti suposed ex notaries to try and export that culture over here. If laws have been broken, then those laws take precedence, but only from the proper authority, not some agreement between mates who support the same football club.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:34 am

Penz wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Yes, thanks hairy, I'm not daft and I'm quite aware of dynamic addresses as they are commonplace these days with so many mobile devices and other needs.. Actually, they are easier to find animal tracks all over in a period of time than when the big providers like Sky and virgin use big group proxies to deal with high traffic flows or when government 'authorities' are doing their thing on forums such as these for various reasons, and funnel certain traffic through a filter. And that's before you even get into the whole industry built up around IPs to disguise which country you are in. There are often times when at least 10 people are logged onto a site like this with the same headline IP address... and then, the next day, they're back to normal. And I disagree, it doesn't need much skill to hack ... just the right software and the desire to do so.... and the odd password is invaluable.

But that still doesn't mean we should publish any of those addresses or any details whatsoever. there has been a long term policy of the odd moderator over on Pasoti to out certain fans, and that is well well known. Internet privacy is absolutely paramount, above all else, and this is what it's all about, and the desire of certain Pasoti suposed ex notaries to try and export that culture over here. If laws have been broken, then those laws take precedence, but only from the proper authority, not some agreement between mates who support the same football club.

Penz, what law has Charlie broken by publishing his own IP addresses?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:06 am

Guys(and girls), I have deleted the references to my IP's in this thread, they were never intended to be there in perpituity, merely to illustrate the point I was making, and although my research agrees with what Hairy says that the risk is minimal that they could be used against you I would be foolish to allow that opportunity to someone with the skills to use that information to cause me difficulties, especially as I might be viewed as a target by some.

Maybe I'm naive but I always try to see the best in my fellow men, hence always using my own name in forums such as this but I have to accept there are others who don't hold themselves to the same standards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: