shonbo
seadog
mouldyoldgoat
Mock Cuncher
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage

GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 6:57 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
GOB wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
GOB wrote:
I do agree Penz, there should be a zero tolerant factor to this which is why I suggest that Charlie takes this decision himself.

Sorry Gob, but that psycology is a pretty desperate attempt to put Charlie on a guilt trip.

I'm sure Charlie doesn't want to go, and I'm also sure he knows an overwhelming majority of ATDers accept he did what he did in good faith, and are happy to learn the lessons and move on.

Then I think you need to ask Charlie that, as I have said, it's Charlie's shout as far as i am concerned.

As far as you're concerned Gob I'm sure it is. I'm also sure how you'd like to see it pan out too.

But taking ATD as a whole - posters, Mods, Keyholders, I'd be surprised if you weren't in a minority of One.

Do you really think that anyone is going to give a shit either way? It's a football forum not the fekin United Nations!

Thanks to Knecht for that one clown

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 7:05 pm

GOB wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
GOB wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
GOB wrote:
I do agree Penz, there should be a zero tolerant factor to this which is why I suggest that Charlie takes this decision himself.

Sorry Gob, but that psycology is a pretty desperate attempt to put Charlie on a guilt trip.

I'm sure Charlie doesn't want to go, and I'm also sure he knows an overwhelming majority of ATDers accept he did what he did in good faith, and are happy to learn the lessons and move on.

Then I think you need to ask Charlie that, as I have said, it's Charlie's shout as far as i am concerned.

As far as you're concerned Gob I'm sure it is. I'm also sure how you'd like to see it pan out too.

But taking ATD as a whole - posters, Mods, Keyholders, I'd be surprised if you weren't in a minority of One.

Do you really think that anyone is going to give a shit either way? It's a football forum not the fekin United Nations! Thanks to Knecht for that one clown

Couldn't agree more Gob! That's exactly why resignation talk is a bit silly. Hey ho... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 7:17 pm

Good lad, you'll go far on this site lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 9:58 pm

GOB you're in a minority of one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:05 pm

Oh gosh, I will never get any sleep lol!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 10:07 am

I'm with those calling for no data sharing between sites.

I'm a user of this website, so if this website needs my contact details then that is fine. If I was uncomfortable with that then I'd delete myself. No-one else should know what I do or where.

Charlie should remain as mod as I'm certain he's the type to act in good faith and this was obvo a mistake, but let this be a time to set a ground-rule: when PASOTI calls, tell them where to go.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 10:57 am

Good luck to Highwayman.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 11:02 am

I wonder if GOB has someone lined up to be a mod if this latest campaign is anything to go by ?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 11:15 am

Tring, this is what you very recently posted in another discussion:

"Probably best we ignore eachother, as I originally intended."

I wonder if you could take your own advice?

You clearly have lots of your views in common and you clearly have fallen out with each other. Get a room and sort it like old friends not like bitter enemies. It's a football chat site not whatsitsname.

Maybe we could start a discrete section titled "The GOB & Tring squabble" and move all related postings there? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:06 pm

I just thought I better put my two pennyworths.

First of all I think its fair to say that we got this one wrong. Charlie has put his hand up but we all agreed with his actions so we stand as one on this. We got this wrong and we will take the consequences.

When the GreenAndy1981 issue started on Pasoti, we all had our suspicions of the identity of the poster by the username. The posting style looked familiar and when it became apparent that GA was taking the piss we were pretty sure we knew who it was.

At the same time we also thought that it wouldn’t be long before someone on Pasoti tried to pin the blame on ATD. Charlie contacted Postey to offer our assistance. Postey supplied GA’s IP address and Charlie checked it against the person on ATD we suspected. They didn’t match so that was the end of the matter.

Then Greenmarc and Ghost piped up and tried to blame ATD. Postey then gave us a back handed compliment that defied belief. Surely Pasoti users and mods are the ones with a history of abysmal behaviour when hiding behind multiple usernames? And when it comes to fake auction bids I don’t think anyone from Pasoti should be throwing stones our way. I know Postey made a better post in defence of Charlie later on but his initial response was that of a halfwit looking to score points.

Anyway, the lessons to learn are this.

1. We didn’t think things through properly. We did not think about what we would do if GA had been an ATD poster (either our suspect or another poster). Why bother offering assistance unless we were going to divulge his/her identity? I wouldn’t want to give out names – so why did I agree to the assistance offer?

2. Even though we are disgusted by the actions of GA it is clear that certain Pasoti users are more then willing to employ foul means to settle scores. How long before the “boys” turned up on GA’s door? And if Pasoti were that bothered about it they could employ their private investigator again.

3. Why bother helping Pasoti? Would they have reciprocated had the boot been on the other foot? Like feck they would of.

4. Would we have broken the DPA by giving out any information? Obviously this does not bother Postey who supplied us with GA’s IP address but we all know about Pasoti’s track record when it comes to abusing private information.

I am going to ask the mods to put an agreement together so we all can reassure everyone we won’t make these mistakes again. And if TonyC can give us some advice on DPA best practice it will be gratefully received.

I can assure you we acted in good faith but we were a bit naïve and with hindsight we would have done things differently.
Back to top Go down
Thai green

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 3:05 pm

Good post Frank, I agree with a lot of what you said. As it happened no personal information was given out by Charlie except confirmation that the address did not match anyone on here. It seems "end of " as far as I am concerned, different if it had gone further I agree, but from what I can read it did not. It's sad but true you will always get some morons who blame ATD for everything ! But at the end of the day it's a free for all football forum and so much else is happening in the World today that is wrong. No damage done that I know of, Charlie relax and enjoy a rare day of sunshine !

It might be worth checking with someone about Data Protection though as others have suggested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 4:24 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I just thought I better put my two pennyworths.

First of all I think its fair to say that we got this one wrong. Charlie has put his hand up but we all agreed with his actions so we stand as one on this. We got this wrong and we will take the consequences.

When the GreenAndy1981 issue started on Pasoti, we all had our suspicions of the identity of the poster by the username. The posting style looked familiar and when it became apparent that GA was taking the piss we were pretty sure we knew who it was.

At the same time we also thought that it wouldn’t be long before someone on Pasoti tried to pin the blame on ATD. Charlie contacted Postey to offer our assistance. Postey supplied GA’s IP address and Charlie checked it against the person on ATD we suspected. They didn’t match so that was the end of the matter.

Then Greenmarc and Ghost piped up and tried to blame ATD. Postey then gave us a back handed compliment that defied belief. Surely Pasoti users and mods are the ones with a history of abysmal behaviour when hiding behind multiple usernames? And when it comes to fake auction bids I don’t think anyone from Pasoti should be throwing stones our way. I know Postey made a better post in defence of Charlie later on but his initial response was that of a halfwit looking to score points.

Anyway, the lessons to learn are this.

1. We didn’t think things through properly. We did not think about what we would do if GA had been an ATD poster (either our suspect or another poster). Why bother offering assistance unless we were going to divulge his/her identity? I wouldn’t want to give out names – so why did I agree to the assistance offer?

2. Even though we are disgusted by the actions of GA it is clear that certain Pasoti users are more then willing to employ foul means to settle scores. How long before the “boys” turned up on GA’s door? And if Pasoti were that bothered about it they could employ their private investigator again.

3. Why bother helping Pasoti? Would they have reciprocated had the boot been on the other foot? Like feck they would of.

4. Would we have broken the DPA by giving out any information? Obviously this does not bother Postey who supplied us with GA’s IP address but we all know about Pasoti’s track record when it comes to abusing private information.

I am going to ask the mods to put an agreement together so we all can reassure everyone we won’t make these mistakes again. And if TonyC can give us some advice on DPA best practice it will be gratefully received.

I can assure you we acted in good faith but we were a bit naïve and with hindsight we would have done things differently.

I think those are fair comments Frank, particularly the bit in bold and even if a few rules are not put in place for you guys they will be needed by the next lot or the site will go through all this crap again one day.

We owe nothing to pasoti and we don't need pasoti to stand on our own two feet.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 4:51 pm

From Postey on pasoti
Quote :
I would have left this alone but Frank Bullitt on ATD is not telling the full story.
Charlie contacted me, he had an idea who Green Andy might

be. I supplied part of Green Andy's IP number while Charlie replied with the FULL IP number of his suspect.

The numbers didn't match and that was the end of it, except that Charlie received some criticism for trying to help and now Bullitt is attempting to point some blame at me.
If only Bullitt could act in the same manner as Charlie.

This is conflicting with what we've been told.

Can the ATD mods confirm who's IP address was handed over to a pasoti moderator asap? Given the recent revelations regarding Jock and others I think there's every right for the users of ATD to know this!

I would also state that on no account does any ATD moderator have any right what-so-ever to pass on to anyone my private and confidential information, this includes my IP address!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 5:20 pm

GOB - I am sure Charlie will be along in a minute to clear things up. I have read the same thread as you so your information is as good as mine.

Postey - you tried to put the blame for this on ATD when it is your site that has far more "previous" for this type of thing. Do I even need to mention "Deep Throat", "Windsor Boy", "Dogger", "Deadly Nightshade" etc etc?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 5:29 pm

As things stand I wouldn't trust Postey as far as I can spit, but if what he is saying is correct then it's a very serious compromise and we should be told what user has had his private information given away.

This is a very distasteful situation!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 5:59 pm

I don't believe anything that comes out of the mouths of any of the vermin behind Deepthroatgate and everything else that goes with it and would believe Frank over them without a doubt.

But, if an IP address was passed across to the stalin empire then the "suspect" should be informed. If it was mine that was given out then i'd want to know.

It's publicly known how pathetic pasoti mods and their cronies act, I mean who hires a private investigator over something stupid like a forum spat! I wouldn't put anything past them.

Awaits the knock at the door from "the boys" (with a baseball bat ready to smash around their heads in self defence) Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:07 pm

If my personal details have been compromised then I would want to know about it, despite my thoughts of utter contempt for those disgusting apes operating across the road.

Still awaiting confirmation from the ATD mods!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:30 pm

Tringreen wrote:
I wonder if GOB has someone lined up to be a mod if this latest campaign is anything to go by ?

Rest assurred Tringy, I said "No"

Smile
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:40 pm

LOL, I would have offered a few months back, but not now after all the crap they get. I think they ALL do a bloody good job.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:42 pm

FYI.

“An IP address in isolation is not personal data under the Data Protection Act”

http://www.out-law.com/page-8060
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:44 pm

shonbo wrote:
LOL, I would have offered a few months back, but not now after all the crap they get. I think they ALL do a bloody good job.

I wonder if you'll be saying that if it's your IP that's been handed over or Jock's or Peggy's or Andy's or Rickler's or Trings etc. somehow I very much doubt it'll be Rickler's, or Tring's though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:46 pm

Rickler wrote:

FYI.

Like I said Ricks, I doubt it'll be your IP address that's been handed over, it would have been terrible to blow another of your pasoti names if you have one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:49 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

Frank

Id be happy to help and will come back to you within 24 hours if thats OK. Unfortunately, I have to get to bed early tonight as I have an obscenely early start tomorrow morning.

But off the top of my head, you need:

1. A data controller to be resonsible for the security of site data, that is both digital and written records ( I doubt the latter will apply to you.

2. You need security of the system and restricted to those that need to have access (normally passwords sufficient). You need a list of all users who are authorised to access/diseminate the data. If someone leaves the group, all passwords should change to preserve the integrity.

3.You need a proper audit trail, but I should think you have that automatically on the site.

4. You should only retain information that is relevent for the purpose intended. Once the purpose or person has gone you should clear your records.

5. You need a complaints procedure and one for requests for information.

Help is also available for the Information Commissioners Office, where those registered are held, at http://www.ico.gov.uk/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:49 pm

Well, I've just had a look at the latest PL2 comments, and they just follow the same old same old.
Again, thanks Charlie and Frank for the clear explanation, and the promise that a statement will be made shortly regarding the sharing of ANY details of ANY poster with ANY individual outsider. This whole sad episode has had a 'vigilantee' feel about it, and ATD should have had no part in it... that's not what I understand this site to be all about, no matter how much we would like the Pasoti/ATD thing to rub along in a more friendly manner.
Take a look at PL2's latest comment
Quote :
If only Bullitt could act in the same manner as Charlie.

Pretty obvious huh. the same old trying to split one moderator from the fold.... Charlie, you're wonderful, the rest are apes... it's just so corny.

I want the two sites to co-exist, and I want them to co-exist in a friendly banter manner. But it has to be as two sites completely independent of each other. No way should this ever happen again, despite the provocation... The statement to be issued has to be clear and watertight.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:51 pm

GOB wrote:
Rickler wrote:

FYI.

Like I said Ricks, I doubt it'll be your IP address that's been handed over, it would have been terrible to blow another of your pasoti names if you have one.

Ok GOB... Make a bigger fool of yourself than you are already doing - explain!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy
Page 9 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: