Angry
Jethro
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Schumacher unveiling press conference  Empty
PostSubject: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:22 pm

Steven Schumacher has signed a long-term contract as Plymouth Argyle manager until the end of the 2024/25 season.

Chief executive officer Andrew Parkinson has also confirmed that Preston North End paid the 'contractually binding' compensation to the Pilgrims after appointing Ryan Lowe as their new boss.

It has been reported that the amount the Championship club paid was £250,000 but Parkinson would not comment on that.

Schumacher had previously been on a contract as Argyle assistant boss to Lowe which took him through to the summer of 2024.

Now, after his sudden promotion to the role of manager, he has a new deal which is 12 months longer than that.

Parkinson said: "We are not a short-term club. We are a club that looks to the future. We believe very strongly in Steven's credentials.

"He has been here two-and-a-half years. Since the moment he has walked through the door he has added something to this great club.

"I think everyone that has worked with him would absolutely support that. We believe he is the right person for Argyle and that he will grow into the job, and he will also bring success to the job."

Lowe did want Schumacher to follow him to Preston but with Argyle offering him the chance to become a manager in his own right for the first time and on a long-term contract he opted to stay at Home Park.

Schumacher said: "It was one of the massive parts of me accepting the job. Coming into my first managerial opportunity I felt it was important to have that support.

"This is a great chance for me and hopefully I can do everybody at the club proud and we can continue to have some more success."

The timeline for Lowe's appointment by Preston was that they made an official approach to Argyle only hours after the Pilgrims won 2-1 away to Rochdale in the FA Cup second round on Sunday, December 5.

Within 48 hours, all the details had been tied up as Lowe moved on and Schumacher immediately replaced him.

Parkinson said: "We did get the compensation that was contractually binding and it was satisfactory."

Schumacher has already taken charge of two games as manager, the 1-1 draw away to MK Dons and the 2-1 defeat at Sunderland, with his first match at Home Park being the visit of Charlton Athletic on Saturday.

link
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:46 pm

good to hear an experienced assistant manager is in talks to come here, I truly hope he has the know how and the tools on and off the training ground to aide Steven as he grows as a manager as he will need it. Just as long as this guy isnt a "yes" man of course as Steven will learn nothing from one of them.

i see groovey got his question asked at the press conference lol
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 6:33 pm

Steven Schumacher has been eager to respond to talk that Ryan Lowe will try to sign Plymouth Argyle players for Preston North End in January.

Inevitably, there has been speculation about that possibility after Lowe quit the Pilgrims to take over at Championship club Preston North End.

Several Argyle players have shown the talent this season which suggest they could play at a higher level than League One, as Lowe will only be too well aware.

The question was raised at a Press conference at Home Park on Tuesday afternoon which was to officially unveil Schumacher as the new manager.

There had not been an opportunity do so before then because Schumacher had two away games in four days to prepare for after the sudden departure of Lowe.

Chief executive officer Andrew Parkinson was asked what he thought about the possibility of Preston trying to sign Argyle in January.

But, before, he could reply, Schumacher said: "Can I answer that one Andrew? Ryan can come for our players but he has to pay the same price as everybody else. That's how it is.

"Our players are good footballers and they are going to attract attention from clubs who would be interested in them, and Preston will be no different to anybody else.

"The players will have a value and if they want them they will have to pay."

Schumacher then looked across to Parkinson and said: "Is that alright? The Argyle CEO smiled and replied: 'Yeah, very good."

Many of Argyle's first team - who were nearly all sign by Lowe - are under contract until the end of the 2022/23 season.

Lowe confirmed shortly before his departure that Argyle had a club option on midfielder and fans' favourite Panutche Camara beyond the end of the current campaign.

Highly-rated goalkeeper Mike Cooper has a deal until the summer of 2024, while talks have been taking place about extending the stay of defender Brendan Galloway.

The Zimbabwe international has a short-term contract until January but Argyle are ready to offer him an 18-month deal even though he recently suffered a long-term knee injury.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 6:46 pm

Quite clear that Dewsnip and Shuey have had historical conversations about what would possibly happen when Lowe decided to fcuk off back up north.

Really hope it works out. Not convinced it will though.
Back to top Go down
super furry dice

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 10:42 pm

Yep hopefully it does work. I don't think it would ever have worked with Lowe tbh, if you can only buy into the job but not the club or the area it represents, I can't see how it would work out.

I think Argyle have long prepared for this eventuality. Lowe was given that big contract extension last season and still couldn't bring himself to move down despite that security. I think he was on borrowed time since the season started despite Hallett's / the clubs loyalty and long-term vision. And Lee Johnsons comments that effectively, Schumaker was doing [all] the work... he deserves a crack at it.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 1:30 am

Let's get one thing straight.. Lowe DID live in Plymouth. It was his family that remained up North.

Andrew Parkinson's family still live in the Liverpool area - is he not 'committed' to his job?
Back to top Go down
super furry dice

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 1:47 am

That's not what I've been told on Lowe, more that he effectively commuted between digs.

On Parkinson that would worry me less tbh, he isn't involved in the coaching and playing side so I would argue more of his role could be done remotely. I didn't say Lowe wasn't committed to the job btw, just the club and location.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 2:00 am

super furry dice wrote:
That's not what I've been told on Lowe, more that he effectively commuted between digs.

Well, what you were told is wrong. Lowe had a flat In Plymouth. Dewsnip spent a night a week there, sometimes two. That's per Neil Dewsnip.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 6:52 am

Rickler wrote:
super furry dice wrote:

Well, what you were told is wrong.  Lowe had a flat In Plymouth.  Dewsnip spent a night a week there, sometimes two.  That's per Neil Dewsnip.

So Dewsnip doesn’t live down here either!!?? lol!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 9:25 am

i dont care where someone lives aslong as they did the job asked to the best of their ability and so far no one is giving cause for concern on that front not even lowe who did indeed have a place here.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 12:19 pm

I like Shoemaker, whatever his accommodation set up is. geek
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 2:12 pm

Rickler wrote:
Let's get one thing straight..   Lowe DID live in Plymouth.  It was his family that remained up North.

Andrew Parkinson's family still live in the Liverpool area - is he not 'committed' to his job?

So are you suggesting  he had split up from his wife?  No?

No one is suggesting he took training, shot off to Liverpool for his tea then came back the next day to supervise training

He had temporary  accommodation in Plymouth, but his home was in Liverpool.

Having temporary accommodation makes it far easier to up sticks and move elsewhere at a moment's (or 24 hrs) notice as with Lowe.

Personally, I find it difficult to accept the "PAFC a Community Club" hype when so many of the senior managers don't appear to want to be part of that community
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 4:37 pm

Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 4:51 pm

akagreengull wrote:

If that's the case...then bleddy well show him respect....his name is SCHUMACHER
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 6:03 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Let's get one thing straight..   Lowe DID live in Plymouth.  It was his family that remained up North.

So are you suggesting  he had split up from his wife?  No?

No one is suggesting he took training, shot off to Liverpool for his tea then came back the next day to supervise training

He had temporary  accommodation in Plymouth, but his home was in Liverpool.

Having temporary accommodation makes it far easier to up sticks and move elsewhere at a moment's (or 24 hrs) notice as with Lowe.

Personally, I find it difficult to accept the "PAFC a Community Club" hype when so many of the senior managers don't appear to want to be part of that community

How on earth do you get to me suggesting he has split from his wife? Talk about a wild leap in logic. Get a grip.

and no... He has permanent accommodation in Plymouth, and he has permanent accommodation up North too. He lived in one, and his family in the other. What is so hard to understand about that? Just because you only have one cave, don't judge others by your own prehistoric standards.

and the type of accommodation you have, makes absolutely no difference to how quickly you can pick up your sticks and move - as evidenced by how easy and quickly it was for Lowe to move to Plymouth in the first place.

You really want to get yourself into the 21st century. Your thinking shows you for the dinosaur that you are. The fact you have no mobile phone or internet access proves that, and quite frankly, speaks volumes about you.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 6:48 pm

If he has no internet connection how does he post on here?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 7:17 pm

Lowe lived in rented accommodation in Plymouth, hence the ease of moving in or out.

Owning a home that your family lives in, having your kids go to local schools etc. shows a certain level of commitment to the job and to the area.

If you don't understand that, I can't help you.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 7:26 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Lowe lived in rented accommodation in Plymouth, hence the ease of moving in or out.

Owning a home that your family lives in, having your kids go to local schools etc. shows a certain level of commitment to the job and to the area.

Shorely of overwhelming importance is the level to which he performed as manager, regardless of where his family are?

You almost sound like you’d be happier for a committed SS to lead us to relegation, rather than Lowe to promotion, purely because SS has bought a place down here!? SS can be as committed as he likes, but if he turns out to be a shite manager I’d want him gone pretty sharpish.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 7:42 pm

This argument is a pedants dream but at risk of sending Rickler into a total meltdown I agree with Groovy Lowe never completely moved down here because his family never moved with him and that's the difference. It never bothered me that much but then I guess I always accepted that Lowe was using us a stepping stone which has been proved by the move to Preston. Luggy got Saints, Olly got Leicester, Lowe gets Preston which is way down the pecking order from either.
I can't say I blame Lowe either I'm not sure I would uproot my kids from school for a job which is going to be for no longer than three years with no jobs available after that job ends anywhere round here. Oop north he is in commuting range of probably more than a dozen PL clubs and probably thirty CCC and higher clubs this is a bigger problem for Argyle than the oft mooted problem of not being able to attract decent players down here which we have proved many times that you can if you pay them enough and if they buy into the direction and ambition the manager and chairman are taking.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 8:05 pm

zyph wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

If that's the case...then bleddy well show him respect....his name is SCHUMACHER
laugh

Last edited by akagreengull on Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 8:22 pm

Schuey when hes doing well, Schumacher when hes not doing as well. Shoemaker when he's looking for alternative employment. sarcasm
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 8:23 pm

Jethro wrote:
Schuey when hes doing well, Schumacher when hes not doing as well. Shoemaker when he's looking for alternative employment. sarcasm

Wot's in a name?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 8:28 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Wot's in a name?

Nothing mean, we all called Sturrock , Luggy doesn't matter long as hes doing well and he lives in the area albino . could live on mars for all I care laugh
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 8:33 pm

Grovehill wrote:

You really don't take in anything at all do you? Clearly it was as easy for Lowe to move out of his home up north and set himself up in Plymouth, as it is for him to move back there.

This is what people who have their shit together can do. We aren't all worzels like you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher unveiling press conference    Schumacher unveiling press conference  Empty

Back to top Go down

Schumacher unveiling press conference
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next