Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Press Conference 1100 tomorrow

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Press Conference 1100 tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Press Conference 1100 tomorrow   Press Conference 1100 tomorrow EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019, 18:00

Ryan Lowe and his velvety scouse tones will be officially unveiled tomorrow by the club at a press conference. The club arent broadcasting it live which i find strange but will showing extended highlights later in the day.

maybe we will find out why it took so bloody long lol
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference 1100 tomorrow   Press Conference 1100 tomorrow EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019, 18:26

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference 1100 tomorrow   Press Conference 1100 tomorrow EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019, 21:53

Plymouth Argyle FC

Verified account

@Only1Argyle
16m16 minutes ago
More
Looking forward to introducing our new gaffer to the Green Army tomorrow, after a busy afternoon interviewing, filming and photographing with him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference 1100 tomorrow   Press Conference 1100 tomorrow EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019, 21:54

The Presser will not be shown live, but there will be extensive coverage on all our channels afterwards, none of which will be behind a paywall.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference 1100 tomorrow   Press Conference 1100 tomorrow EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019, 22:59

I knew the new office's were tiny, but wow
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference 1100 tomorrow   Press Conference 1100 tomorrow EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019, 23:05

Not mentioned as yet on the Club website ?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference 1100 tomorrow   Press Conference 1100 tomorrow EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019, 02:00

more worried about the lack of incoming players needs to pull his finger out instead of this media nonsense were 5 wks behind everyone else preparing for the coming season which is more worrying
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference 1100 tomorrow   Press Conference 1100 tomorrow EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019, 07:40

Modern Manager

Ryan Lowe Explains What He Expects From Players

IF, as Aesop suggested, you can judge someone by the company they keep, then – on that basis alone – Ryan Lowe’s tenure as Argyle manager promises much.

A lifelong friend of Rangers’ manager and Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard, Ryan’s first season in management, in charge of counter-attacking prolific Sky Bet League Two runners-up Bury, drew comparisons with the managers who won last season’s Champions’ League and Premier League.

“To be mentioned in the same breath as Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola is phenomenal,” said Ryan. “They are special managers. If you can take any sort of advice or anything from them, then Argyle will be in a good place.”

The comparisons are fair in at least as much that Ryan has sought to learn, first hand, from Liverpool’s Klopp and Manchester City’s Guardiola, while also remaining steadfastly his own man.

He said: “I feel I have just got to be a little bit different to some managers, and that’s not being disrespectful to any other manager.

“I’m a players’ manager; I feel as though I’m a good man-manager. I’ll give the players everything they’ll possibly need; I’ll help them along the way, whether it’s family issues, whether it’s struggling with form. Because I know, eventually, they’ll give me it back.

“All I’ll ask for is 100 per cent effort on a Saturday or a Tuesday evening. There’s a big saying of mine that actions speak louder than words – just do it, don’t say it.”

When the Argyle Board of Directors began the process of finding a successor to Derek Adams, chairman Simon Hallett said that they were looking for “somebody who is forward-thinking, so a kind of modern football manager, not the old school kick-the-players-until-they-work-harder.”

Is that, then, how Ryan sees himself?

“I’m obviously a modern manager,” he said. “I’ve felt that me and Steven Schumacher, my assistant-manager, have not long finished playing so we know what the lads want and we know when they want it; we know the sessions we are going to give out; and it’s all built on winning on a Saturday or a Tuesday evening.

“We will have to be patient along the way. If the lads buy into what we are doing, they will be okay; if they don’t, they will be moved on, because we can’t wait. We have got to get lads who want to wear the shirt with pride and want to do the right things by the football club, and by me.”

As for the relationship with Gerrard, which saw Bury benefit last season from the loans of Rangers’ players Jordan Rossiter and Jamie Barjonas, lines of communications are open.

“I’m already in conversation with Steven at the moment regarding a potential friendly,” said Ryan.

“I know they are quite booked up but he said that if any dates come spare, we’ll be able to look at it.”
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference 1100 tomorrow   Press Conference 1100 tomorrow EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019, 12:24

All sounds quite promising, I think this guy despite finishing recently as a player has better contacts than DA probably dis - we shall see.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference 1100 tomorrow   Press Conference 1100 tomorrow EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019, 14:59

Official site video interview link

Something Special
Gaffer Galvanised by Green Army

THE news last week that Ryan Lowe had been appointed Argyle’s 36th manager since the Pilgrims turned professional in 1903 was followed by several weeks of that 21st century phenomenon of fake news. Brian Wake, anyone?

After Ryan’s name was mentioned, and as the time that the Pilgrims were without a manager grew longer, the internet experts weighed in with the baseless opinion that the Liverpudlian who had never played further south than Milton Keynes during a prolific career as a lower league forward did not want to come to Plymouth.

Let us, then, hear from the man himself.

Ryan said: “When I got the call, I thought ‘Plymouth Argyle – what a massive club that is’, the fan-base, everything about it. Yes, it’s the other end of the country, but it didn’t matter.

“These opportunities don’t come around much and I felt that it was one that I wanted to take. It was a big decision in terms of family but the football decision was made straight way. Once I knew they were interested, it was a case of ‘Right let’s go’.

“Once the contract was offered and they said they wanted me to be manager, there was a big smile. I feel it is a great opportunity to take this club back where it belongs.”

The first step on that journey will be to try to replicate what he did with Bury last season and win promotion back to League One at the first attempt after a previous season’s relegation.

He said: “I’ve got ambitions of managing as high as I possibly can – some people may think this is a step backwards but I’ve taken a step backwards to take two steps forward and, when a football club like Argyle comes calling for you, you can’t say ‘no’.

“As a player, I was fortunate enough to play local but, as a manger, it’s different, you have to go where you feel you are going to be successful, and you have got to go to the right club. Argyle is certainly the right club.”

One factor which did slightly elongate the process of Ryan’s appointment, and that of his assistant-manager Steve Schumacher, was their position with former club Bury, and the club’s shaky financial situation.

He said: “I had to respect my previous club, Bury. I’ve got a big place in my heart for them. It is a shame what’s going on. We had to respect Bury’s situation and we had to do things properly.

“Once the ink was dry on the paper, it was a case of ‘Right, let’s get to work’ and we have been working constantly.

“We’re speaking to players every single day, and agents are forever ringing you. It’s good that I have got players ringing me personally, saying that they want to come and play for Argyle. They know all about the club, the fan-base, everything else about it. They want to be a part of it, which is nice.

“So the rebuilding programme has started. We’ll get there in the end but there will be a few weeks to take stock and see where we’re at.

“Also, there are a lot of good football players at this club already, contracted, and they will be getting a chance to shine and show what they are capable of doing, and if they do it, they will be staying around.”

Although Ryan’s squad is far from fully formed, he has already assigned one of the shirt numbers.

“I know the fan-base is massive, the Green Army,” he said.

“I found a programme from the last time Bury played at Home Park. There was a number 12 missing and I remember thinking: ‘Why is the number 12 missing?’ It was the Green Army, and that’s what we’ll need.

“I’ll wrap myself up in it; I’ll galvanise myself in the history of the football club.

“With the fan-base we have got, it is going to be something special and I’m really looking forward to it.”

Bringing the Good Times
Ryan Lowe's Argyle Ambitions

IT was not so long ago, when Argyle were emerging from the ravages of administration, that a Home Park victory was heralded by a post-win playing of a song by 1960s group, Love Affair.

If Ryan Lowe has his way, the Green Army might just be singing along to it again, as the new Pilgrims’ manager attempts to extinguish the disappointments of last season’s relegation to Sky Bet League Two.

“We’re definitely going to bring the good times,” said Ryan.

“I said that last year, after I took over Bury. I want to bring the good times back, on and off the pitch.

“We’ll be as one, it won’t just be me, the manager; Steve [Schumacher], my assistant; and the coaching staff and the players – we will all be together.

“If we want to be successful, that’s what happens. Most teams that are successful have got that togetherness – they galvanise each other and pull each other through, and that’s what we’ll be certainly doing.

“The relegation’s probably hit a lot of people hard but one thing I can tell you is we’re here to bring the good times back.”

The good times at Bury, in Ryan’s first full season as a gaffer, were predicated on an expansive, forward-looking style of play that propelled the Greater Manchester side to runners-up spot in League Two. Argyle’s players and fans can expect more of the same this season.

“That’s what we are going to implement,” he said.

“I’ve spoken to more or less all the players now – there’s one or two I haven’t been able to catch – and they are excited. I have told them what we are going to be doing and how we are going to do it.

“We scored plenty of goals [at Bury] – I think it was 105 goals in all competitions. We’d like to keep the backdoor shut a little bit more, if we can, but, with exciting football, that’s what happens and that’s what we’re looking to install.

“The 90 per cent of the lads that I have spoken to already are excited. They have heard good things about us, and I have said that they will love the training and love the way we are with them.

“But we don’t take kindness for a weakness. When we’re working, we’re ruthless. We want to get a result on a Saturday or a Tuesday evening – and that is the key – but, if the lads buy into what we are about, we’ll be okay.

“We are going to try to play a nice brand of brand of football; we are hopefully going to score goals; we want to get the fans excited because that’s a big part of me – I have always had a relationship with fans [of clubs] I’ve played for; it’s not going to be any different as a manager.”

So good times, and a good chance of a second successive promotion from League Two for the new man?

Ryan said: “Look, I don’t want to sit here saying we are going to do this and we are going to do that because you’re easily pushed right down if you don’t do it, but I can guarantee passion, effort and commitment, and good football.

“I am sure when you have all those rolled into one, there is only one way you are going and that is that you are going to be fighting for something special.

“That’s going to be the aim.”

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference 1100 tomorrow   Press Conference 1100 tomorrow EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019, 15:01

BBC Video interview
Newly-appointed Plymouth Argyle manager Ryan Lowe discusses his relationship with Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp.

Former Bury boss Lowe has started at work at Home Park after agreeing a three-year contract with the Pilgrims.

Ryan Lowe: Plymouth Argyle boss wants Pilgrims to be inspired by Liverpool

"I've had a good few weeks. Being appointed Argyle manager, watching Liverpool winning a sixth European cup, it can't get any better at the moment."

Plymouth Argyle's new manager Ryan Lowe has certainly had a busy end-of-season.

In the space of six weeks the Liverpool born-and-bred manager has led Bury to promotion to League One, driven to Madrid in a campervan to watch the Reds win a sixth European title and got a new job at the club furthest away from his current employers.

But with the Shakers having major financial problems, Lowe, who spent three spells as a player at Gigg Lane and a season as full-time manager, says his decision to drop down a division is the right one.

"It was tough because of what we've done and what we've achieved and to leave a lot of memories behind," he told BBC Radio Devon.

"But when a football club like Argyle comes calling for you it's a no-brainer and the decision was based on a footballing decision as it's a fantastic football club."

Klopp inspiration

Lowe accepted the Argyle job before the Champions League final in Madrid but the announcement was put off until he returned from Spain. He drove there with friends in a campervan to attend the match.

He was a youth player with the Anfield club and was able to pick the brains of Reds boss Jurgen Klopp while in charge at Bury including after the Reds' Champions League quarter-final win away at Bayern Munich.

Now the 40-year-old hopes to take some of what he learnt from the German back to Home Park when pre-season starts in a few weeks.

"He's the type of guy that epitomises me," Lowe told BBC South West. "I love what he's about and his passion and commitment and desire for the football club.

"I've been to see him, I've built a bit of a relationship with him and I was quoted saying 'Why can't Bury play like Man City or Liverpool?'. Well why can't Argyle play the same?" he added.

"That's the stamp I'll be putting down. We'll try and play. We'll need a lot of patience at times, because it doesn't happen overnight. It'll be hard work and when you put the hard work in you finally see results."

Taking Argyle back up

Lowe says he has taken "one step back to move two steps forward" by taking the job at Argyle, who were relegated on the final day of last season having lost six and won just one of their final nine matches.

"People say I could be in League One. My ambition is to get to the Championship in the very near future and see where it goes from there," he said.

With some of Argyle's top players such as Graham Carey and Yann Songo'o leaving the club, and others such as Ruben Lameiras out of contract, Lowe is confident of building a squad that can bounce straight back to the third tier.

"We've got players from up and down the country not only wanting to come and play for me and for Steven Schumacher my number two, but for this fantastic football club," he said.

"It might be a million miles away for some people, but it's a great club and it's in the wrong league at the moment.

"There's plenty of good players that want to come and play for me and the football club, which is not a worrying sign.

"Your best players potentially get linked with bigger moves away, and that's fine, that's football. But if they choose to stay or choose to go we'll respect their decision and we'll move on."

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference 1100 tomorrow   Press Conference 1100 tomorrow EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019, 15:05

Plymouth manager Ryan Lowe says he dropped back down to League Two in order to further his career.

Lowe guided Bury to promotion last season but, with the club in severe financial difficulty, he opted to join Plymouth, who were relegated from Sky Bet League One.

He replaces Derek Adams, whose four years in charge at Home Park came to an end when he was sacked ahead of Plymouth's final game of the season.

"It means a lot, this is a fantastic club with a fantastic fan base. It's a big club for me," he told Sky Sports News.

"When I got the opportunity I was relishing it and I am over the moon to be the Argyle manager.

"Everything about the club and fanbase [convinced me]. I've taken a step back to take two steps forward.

"I was a League One manager but circumstances have changed that.

"The situation going on at Bury was unfortunate, I hope that it gets resolved very quickly.

"When a fantastic football club like Argyle come calling for you it's a no-brainer.

"I am here to hopefully be successful and bring the good times back."

Lowe believes the current Argyle squad is already of League One standard and revealed he has been inundated with players interested in joining his project at Home Park.

"The squad I've got already is a League One squad, they probably should not have got relegated but did for obvious reasons," he added.

There will be one or two that move on and one or two that come in. The phone's ringing and there are plenty of players that want to come.

"We'll put a competitive squad together and we'll give it a right go."

45 second video with sky sports news here

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference 1100 tomorrow   Press Conference 1100 tomorrow EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019, 15:17

Kevin Nancekivell will be part of his back-room
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference 1100 tomorrow   Press Conference 1100 tomorrow Empty

Back to top Go down

Press Conference 1100 tomorrow
Page 1 of 1