Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:45 am

swampy wrote:
oddball wrote:
Nice to read that Penz is alive and well as is TC.I was becoming afraid that ATD was going into early hibernation over this bank holiday period with the lack of posters posting anything.
Yes Oddball, good to have them both active on here. I think this site should be well pleased with the activity on here at this stage of the season and it's good that every topic is not being turned into a Pasoti/Newell bashing as we evolve. Pasoti and IJN in particular have inadvertently done a lot to publicise us which has worked out well in the long run, it has opened many people's eyes to all sorts of things both good and bad on both sites. I could be wrong but I have found the activity on Pasoti very quiet of late and there seems to be much less of the ATD bashing, mob backing up of fellow Avivas, less of the plebs blindly following what those who consider themselves important say etc. I hope we don't go back to the constant in fighting, there are bound to be odd spats but this site is becoming big enough to stand on it's own two feet now and advertising boards and player sponsorships are another step in the right direction.

Nothing wrong with a spot of bear baiting if they deserve it and they did. No doubt they will again in the future.

At least the 'problems' on here were largely played out in public and were personality based rather than organised deceit and trouble making, for personal positioning. The growing pains of a democratic forum bear no comparison to the stink still emanating from the farm.

We know how Pasoti and its controllers see themselves and the reasons why this open and questioning forum was created are still relevant today.

Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:58 am

Penz wrote:
GOB wrote:
let’s face it, one look at the worldwide TV viewing figures suggest that good old Britannia does the business pretty well, it was over two billion for the last Royal Wedding suggesting that us Brits are pretty popular when it comes to this sort of show and a hint that us Brits put on a better show then the events that you mention Penz.

I guess it is the emboldened bit above that tickled my fancy. 2 billion ??!! Do you really think one in three global humans sat glued to a tv set watching that wedding ? If you do, you need help. lol!
Apparently the UK viewing figures for the damp squid this weekend were 10 million here .... in the UK Royalist heartland, that's 15% of the population. A couple of silly soap operas on a holiday can command a better figure than that.

So where are these global viewing figures you refer to ? in time honoured tradition, do you have a link ? lol!
I caught a rather interesting BBC R4 item on the 'real' international media reaction to the "jubilee" from across the globe. I laughed when the Russian response was quoted as 'pompous nonsense'.... that seemed more likely to me... and there were some great one liners from foreign correspondents too numerous to mention.
And I have to say many of the reactions dug out from dog bites man stories were very scanty on the actual 'business' of the day, and couldn't wait to jump in on the English Summer and it's wet bowler hats... that's all they were interested in .... it was all very magazine and umbrella .... just reinforcing the stereotypes, as this country does with it's own coverage of other events across the globe. Maybe Tringy is right more than we know. The whole world is too village. Trouble is, where do you go to get away from it ? certainly not London if Lee's recent splutterings and the Royal nonsenses are anything to go by.

I would bet the Live Aid thing did more for UK Plc cred at the time than any of the Royal circuses have ever done.

I totally agree Penz, I couldn't be arsed with the wedding and went shooting instead. bom
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:21 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
and today's brilliance, one of my favourite groups of all time, a back catalogue of 22 albums, and not one track I can say, well actually I don't like that track, probably the only artist I can say that about... Again plenty to choose from on you tube... today in the name of brilliance I give you....

OYSTERBAND

I once saw Oysterband at Bridgnorth festival... well twice actually, they did a gig on the main stage on the Saturday evening, and then played Bridgnorth High Street, Sunday lunch time, also as part of the festival, 2 completely different sets, not one song the same, yet had you missed one set you would not have left the festival disappointed, that's the calibre of their back catalogue Laughing

ever been to off the tracks? i think you would like it.

proper scrumpy bar this year, instead of the usual piss poor imitations
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:36 pm

oddball wrote:
10 million you say? Morecombe and Wise used to get more than that.

But they were entertainment Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:43 pm

Sneinton Green wrote:
Sandford_Grecian wrote:
and today's brilliance, one of my favourite groups of all time, a back catalogue of 22 albums, and not one track I can say, well actually I don't like that track, probably the only artist I can say that about... Again plenty to choose from on you tube... today in the name of brilliance I give you....

OYSTERBAND

I once saw Oysterband at Bridgnorth festival... well twice actually, they did a gig on the main stage on the Saturday evening, and then played Bridgnorth High Street, Sunday lunch time, also as part of the festival, 2 completely different sets, not one song the same, yet had you missed one set you would not have left the festival disappointed, that's the calibre of their back catalogue Laughing

ever been to off the tracks? i think you would like it.

proper scrumpy bar this year, instead of the usual piss poor imitations

Never been to off the tracks, have heard about it, and all good reports too, will defo check it out for a future bash, can't beat real scrumpy, found a wicked one at shrewsbury festival.... Moonshine, it was like drinking apple juice, only it had a kick, that kick usually came during the 3rd pint, daughter saw a dog on site with weird eyes, she had been on the moonshine, she said "look at that eyes dog" Very Happy anything like that now is known as 'the moonshine moment' Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:51 pm

Right then as Mam is also Queen Of The Commonwealth... why not a bit of brilliance from Australia... ok so he now lives & works in the Uk, and is part German, but ain't mam too? Very Happy

Again many many great clips of brilliance available on you tube... for today brilliance, lords, ladies & gents, I give you...

Derrin Nauendorf

check out his website to at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 1:09 pm

Anyone know why I can't view Sandford's links, might not be a bad thing, or any animated posts? I do on my mobile but not on the PC or laptop. Must be something in the settings I have messed up.
Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 1:13 pm

That link wont load up on my pc either mate so maybe not your settings.
Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 1:17 pm

With Sandford it's probably not a bad thing unless you're into watching 4 bearded men with no shoes strumming their nasal hair and dancing the jig on top of a bath tub.

Blues festival? More like Deliverance the musical.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 1:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 1:46 pm

I don't see yours either Highwayman, just a little coloured box????????????????
Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 2:04 pm

It says " paddle faster, I hear banjo's". Maybe it's your settings jock Smile
Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 2:17 pm

I'm on a Commodore 64 so the equipment is fine, it must be the settings or the operator or maybe the tape heads need cleaning.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 2:29 pm

Highwayman, I can't see any of yours just the coloured box. I feel I am missing out big time!

Suspect Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 2:32 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Highwayman, I can't see any of yours just the coloured box. I feel I am missing out big time!

Suspect Very Happy

Copygoat.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 2:33 pm

I never see your links either Highwayman, but then, my Sinclair ZX81 isn't quite as cutting edge as Jocks Commodore.
Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 2:36 pm

Oh bollocks Sad
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:52 pm

Well on my 386 it all looks hot diggity. Read em and weep dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 4:13 pm

The links some of you seem to be missing are some of the best I have ever seen on this or any other site.

(I can't see them either)
Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:10 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Well on my 386 it all looks hot diggity. Read em and weep dinosaurs.

You don't fool me. This is a modern day Emperors New Clothes!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:08 pm

Greenjock wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Suspect Very Happy

Copygoat.

Mods! Mods! greenjock is being mean to me! Sad

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

JUBILEE
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4