seadog
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 7:44 pm

I'm just happy for two extra days off work, although I have sympathy for those poor guys working in the service industry, who not only have to work bank holidays for next to nowt, but are probably forced to engage in some form of Jubilee BS as part of their work.

Anyway in terms of flag waving, patriotic BS this is just the 'hors d'oeuvres' before our Olympic themed main course. It's gonna be a long summer...
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:38 am

cheers Stuff the Jubilee - a celebration of 60 years on the scrounge!
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Whatever you think of the monarchy witnessing that flotilla is something that will stay with me and my children for a very long time. Great atmosphere down at Lambeth Bridge, the rain stayed off and the RM band were fantastic as always. Cracking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:20 pm

Working today so missed it all! Sad

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:39 am

Chingers wrote:
Whatever you think of the monarchy witnessing that flotilla is something that will stay with me and my children for a very long time. Great atmosphere down at Lambeth Bridge, the rain stayed off and the RM band were fantastic as always. Cracking.

Yes, cynical old me tried to share scorn for the olympic torch's journey with my cynical young daughter. I was surprised when she said that it had been exciting and an impressive spectacle. She had been there when it passed through Truro. And one she will remember.

It's imporatnt to separate my distaste for the institution from the drama. But I just wish as much effort went into tghe NHS, for example - a cause dear to my heart at the momnent.
Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:15 am

How many hospitals could we have built for the cost of the new Wembley stadium?
Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:54 am

I had a dream that the Queen fell off the royal barge and fell into the Thames whilst the pageant was going past, shame it didn't happen it would have made a much bigger spectacle. I know HM is getting on a bit but they could have used Jenny Bond as a stunt double and had divers stood by to spirit it her away under water then have the Queen abseil down from a helicopter 10 minutes later. I think it is the lack of imagination in organising these events that leaves me feeling so depressed.
Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:36 am

The fvckin Jub goes on and on and on and on and on ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:43 am

Town was absolutely empty yesterday to be honest. So me and a friend decided to do our exercise for the year while the jubilee was on, we walked from plymstock to town, from town to devonport, from devonport to stonehouse, from stonehouse to torpoint, out into some cornish countryside, then back into plymouth, then walked to Keyham, then walked to Weston Mill, then walked to North Prospect, then walked to Peverell via home park, then walked back to plymstock, left at half 2 in the afternoon arrived back at half 7. What Jubilee was that then? Wink
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:48 am

Block3Green wrote:
Town was absolutely empty yesterday to be honest. So me and a friend decided to do our exercise for the year while the jubilee was on, we walked from plymstock to town, from town to devonport, from devonport to stonehouse, from stonehouse to torpoint, out into some cornish countryside, then back into plymouth, then walked to Keyham, then walked to Weston Mill, then walked to North Prospect, then walked to Peverell via home park, then walked back to plymstock, left at half 2 in the afternoon arrived back at half 7. What Jubilee was that then? Wink

Forrest Budge ! lol!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:53 am

Block3Green wrote:

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:54 am

Freathy wrote:
Block3Green wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

Don't panic we returned to england quickly enough
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Block3Green wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Block3Green wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

You probably only got as far as the Thankes fuel depot lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:16 pm

Block3Green wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Block3Green wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

Next time, take the Cremyll ferry over to Mt Edgecombe and walk the coast path to Cawsand/Kingsand and the Rame Peninsula. A lovely day out.

Keep going and you'll probably come across Freathy .
Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:24 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Block3Green wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Block3Green wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

Next time, take the Cremyll ferry over to Mt Edgecombe and walk the coast path to Cawsand/Kingsand and the Rame Peninsula. A lovely day out.

Thanks, I might well give it a try. Is it Kingsand you can get a ferry from the barbican too, it goes out past the breakwater to get there, if so that is a lovely day and I do it often.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 7:39 pm

I've actually met the Queen, and Charlie boy several times. Neither of them have contacted me since the last meeting, so I haven't contacted them. I've not watched any of the celebrations.

That'll show them.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:10 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rule Britannia!
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Freathy

Freathy

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:15 am

Block3Green wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Block3Green wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Block3Green wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

Thanks, I might well give it a try. Is it Kingsand you can get a ferry from the barbican too, it goes out past the breakwater to get there, if so that is a lovely day and I do it often.

Ferry goes to Cawsand.

But as Tring says do the walk from Mt Edgecombe to Rame. I've done it literally hundreds of times all the way round to Whitsand Bay and never get bored of it. Even ran it a few times. On a nice summers day there's no better walk.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:16 am

And meanwhile, hundreds of countries across the world lit beacons in honour of the Queen.

Even our commonwealth chums in Pakistan, fresh from a weeks worth of unmanned drone attacks from our new allies, the USA.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:28 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Even our commonwealth chums in Pakistan, fresh from a weeks worth of unmanned drone attacks from our new allies, the USA.

Thank you, Mock sir. That's the nearest to some proper news I've been able to glean this morning.
Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:29 am

I despise the establishment that the monarchy stand for, but say what you like about them, there isn't a country in the world that can put on a show like we can.

It's time that Elton John and Cliff retired though but I wouldn't mind a bit more Kylie! cheers

God Bless the queen
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Just watched the Jubilee concert from last night.

Quite stunning setting with the hundreds of thousands down the Mall and backdrop of the Palace. Visually spectacular. And yes, nobody does pomp and ceremony quite like us Brits.

Great speech from Charles too.

God bless you Ma'am.
Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 7:26 pm

GOB wrote:
say what you like about them, there isn't a country in the world that can put on a show like we can.

That's just not true Gob.
Don't you remember the Argentinian World Cup, the Soviet May day celebrations, the Chinese mass nonsenses, or seen the Rio carnivals, the 12 yearly Kumbh mela ? the Hajj ? look at the Nazi torch light stuff ... it bewitched a generation. In fact, I've sen far more spectacle at the Bridgwater carnivals or the big rock festivals. At best, Windsor Plc are mediocre at it. What the establishment are good at, apart from whispering in peoples' ears, is, just like the North Korean 'island', is stuffing our insular media industry so full of sycophants telling our people we're wonderful and the world thinks we're wonderful.
The most succesful part of the establishment propaganda machine this week is telling us how the same old same old was a rip roaring success. I'm sure the latest Syrian London educated despot and m,ass murderer is taking notes as we speak.
Anyway, whatever happened to the RAF dropping tons of cement into the sky to give London a clear couple of days a la Moscow 1970 ? they couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo .. perhaps they wer flying too low ..... again .... clown ..... amateurs... don't you just love these ruling elites losing their grip.

They had a captive capacity audience paying through the nose, and just like Argyle, they blew it... the planes didn't turn up and one of the main gang members went down with a tummy upset. Is he part of the new UK PLC retirement policy ....ie. there is no retirement until you drop ? I don't like to see anybody feeling under the weather, but it doesn't half remind me of those kremlin pictures full of old geezas popping their clogs. On the plus side, there will be a lot of relieved grouse and pheasant out there tonight in their woodland alms housing enjoying another evening meal with their family.
Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 8:00 pm

Penz wrote:
GOB wrote:
say what you like about them, there isn't a country in the world that can put on a show like we can.

That's just not true Gob.
Don't you remember the Argentinian World Cup, the Soviet May day celebrations, the Chinese mass nonsenses, or seen the Rio carnivals, the 12 yearly Kumbh mela ? the Hajj ? look at the Nazi torch light stuff ... it bewitched a generation. At best, we're mediocre at it. What we are good at, apart from whispering in peoples' ears, is, just like the North Korean 'island', stuffing our media industry so full of sycophants telling our people we're wonderful and the world thinks we're wonderful.
The most succesful part of the establishment propaganda machine this week is telling us how the same old same old was a rip roaring success. I'm sure the latest Syrian London educated despot and m,ass murderer is taking notes as we speak.
Anyway, whatever happened to the RAF dropping tons of cement into the sky to give London a clear couple of days a la Moscow 1970 ? they couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo clown ..... amateurs... don't you just love these ruling elites losing their grip.

They had a captive capacity audience paying through the nose, and just like Argyle, they blew it... the planes didn't turn up and one of the main gang members went down with a tummy upset. Is he part of the new UK PLC retirement policy ....ie. there is no retirement until you drop ? I don't like to see anybody feeling under the weather, but it doesn't half remind me of those kremlin pictures full of old geezas popping their clogs. On the plus side, there will be a lot of relieved grouse and pheasant out there tonight in their woodland alms housing enjoying another evening meal with their family.

PP, I do apologise for interupting you in full flow, but the Glorious 12 th isn't until August and I think pheasants are safe in flight until 1st October. To be fair the likening of the UK with North Korea is comedy genius and I await the pilot episode with interest.
Back to top Go down

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 8:15 pm

Tony, I know quite a few people that go out a hunting and a shooting and to suggest that any of them abide by the law is in itself comedy genius. I've got many stories as I'm sure you have.
Of course, my point was one less hunter equals one more prey alive tonight, if that's ok, given the gamekeeper that I assume resides in you.

As for all ruling elites, they all get their heads taken off in the end, just like the rest of us... one of the reasons I embrace mortality ... the most egalitarian rule on the planet.
Let's not turn my day's commentary into a left/right same old same old .... this is jubilee 2012 .... a time for celebration ... give it a rest Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUBILEE   JUBILEE - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

JUBILEE
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next