Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 Empty
PostSubject: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 11:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well some of the 'genius' stuff is a bit strange, but I totally defend Balotelli here and I would do exactly the same. The prospects for the euro's don't look good, football in Poland and Ukraine is a very violent and racist thing, no wonder hardly any tickets have been sold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 11:46 am

I can't see how Poland and the Ukraine were awarded it in the first place. This racism out there is hardly breaking news and is getting worse rather than better. Russia is the same and the World Cup will be held there in 2018.

I've got a few mates going over to the Ukraine, and I know a couple of them are a bit anxious about how it's going to be if Ukraine fans start abusing English black players. Some of them went to Portugal in 2004 and one of my friends who is half-caste was really badly abused by other England fans, even though he was wearing an England shirt. It caused major trouble in the bars on the Algarve and my friend flew home early and has never been to any football match since.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 12:18 pm

When I went to Germany I didn't notice any race issues and everyone mixed really well, it's always just a minority of tosssers that we have that spoil it but I do think it's a small minority.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:25 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I can't see how Poland and the Ukraine were awarded it in the first place. This racism out there is hardly breaking news and is getting worse rather than better. Russia is the same and the World Cup will be held there in 2018.

I've got a few mates going over to the Ukraine, and I know a couple of them are a bit anxious about how it's going to be if Ukraine fans start abusing English black players. Some of them went to Portugal in 2004 and one of my friends who is half-caste was really badly abused by other England fans, even though he was wearing an England shirt. It caused major trouble in the bars on the Algarve and my friend flew home early and has never been to any football match since.

Football does seem to attract morons. Be careful the PC brigade will be after you Jock. 'Mixed race' is acceptable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:47 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Football does seem to attract morons. Be careful the PC brigade will be after you Jock. 'Mixed race' is acceptable.

Ah I'm showing my age then. No offence meant if the term I used is no longer acceptable. These things change and like Alan Hansen on MOTD, it was a term I thought was still used.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:22 pm

Block4Green wrote:
The prospects for the euro's don't look good, football in Poland and Ukraine is a very violent and racist thing, no wonder hardly any tickets have been sold.

Oh dear, is it a rule that all kids have to be dim nowadays ?

The prospects for the Euros look fine, some lefty journos have decided it would be a good time to pump a few sensationalist articles and the odd OTT video blog out there for the dimmer element to pick up on.

Who didn't know that there was an issue with race among certain elements of football fans in what was the Eastern Bloc, they aren't very bright, they have got little or no money and their football clubs are just about the only distraction from their dull uninteresting lives, plus 3 months of the year it is so cold going outside can be dangerous to your health, so pretty much like Swilly except for the cold.

Crowds will be fine, the local police will come down on any wrong doing like the proverbial hammer as the games generally are pretty well supported, moreso in Polly than Ukk. Obviously if you are a person of colour you need to watch yourself in some of the darker holes like Donetsk, but let's face it, there are plenty of places in this country where it would not be all that clever to find yourself alone after dark, especially if you are white.

FFS, it is a football tourny not some crusade to change the social environ, people seem to me to place far too much emphasis on the responsibility of sport and particularly footballers to be role models. No! Wayne Rooney is not a role model I should want any kid to follow, unless of course they can play a bit, he is just a fat, overpaid Scouse Tw@, the media whores want you to see him as something else so they can up their sales, unfortunately we live in world where the young and impressionable are pandered to far too much imho.

This is the same thing, there is a degree of lawlessness among the young of Eastern Europe, there are some horrible people exploiting that for their own political ends, Brazil and Russia, the venues for the next two World Cups, are far worse, get over it people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:59 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
football fans in what was the Eastern Bloc, they aren't very bright, they have got little or no money and their football clubs are just about the only distraction from their dull uninteresting lives, plus 3 months of the year it is so cold going outside can be dangerous to your health, so pretty much like Swilly except for the cold.
Actually Tizzy, by pure luck you have hit upon exactly what is going on here. According to El presidente, I think it was, that's how Brenty sees the future here in Plymouth, and apparently why he's so up for the Forza Verde and flag thing, because unemployed young Plymouthians need something to look forward to and belong to in their lost decades of poverty now they haven't a hope of a decent job. That's what I call a multi millionaire with a conscience. clown
As we're all too thick to understand, I wonder what he knows about where the economy is headed, that we aren't being told by those naughty Palace of Westminster politicians of all hues who are trying to manage the great descent into national poverty, whilst pretending all will be fine. Shouldn't be long now before all the huge losses these moneymen WOULD and SHOULD have suffered, will be firmly tied around the necks of all Western taxpayers. The largest movement of debt the world has ever seen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 4:05 pm

Penz wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
football fans in what was the Eastern Bloc, they aren't very bright, they have got little or no money and their football clubs are just about the only distraction from their dull uninteresting lives, plus 3 months of the year it is so cold going outside can be dangerous to your health, so pretty much like Swilly except for the cold.
Actually Tizzy, by pure luck you have hit upon exactly what is going on here. According to El presidente, I think it was, that's how Brenty sees the future here in Plymouth, and apparently why he's so up for the Forza Verde and flag thing, because unemployed young Plymouthians need something to look forward to and belong to in their lost decades of poverty now they haven't a hope of a decent job. That's what I call a multi millionaire with a conscience. clown
As we're all too thick to understand, I wonder what he knows about where the economy is headed, that we aren't being told by those naughty Palace of Westminster politicians of all hues who are trying to manage the great descent into national poverty, whilst pretending all will be fine. Shouldn't be long now before all the huge losses these moneymen WOULD and SHOULD have suffered, will be firmly tied around the necks of all Western taxpayers. The largest movement of debt the world has ever seen.

Now I really could get on my soapbox! lol!

Has anyone noticed the drop in living standards recently along with Health and Safety and employment law being ripped apart?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:13 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Block4Green wrote:
The prospects for the euro's don't look good, football in Poland and Ukraine is a very violent and racist thing, no wonder hardly any tickets have been sold.

Oh dear, is it a rule that all kids have to be dim nowadays ?

The prospects for the Euros look fine, some lefty journos have decided it would be a good time to pump a few sensationalist articles and the odd OTT video blog out there for the dimmer element to pick up on.

Who didn't know that there was an issue with race among certain elements of football fans in what was the Eastern Bloc, they aren't very bright, they have got little or no money and their football clubs are just about the only distraction from their dull uninteresting lives, plus 3 months of the year it is so cold going outside can be dangerous to your health, so pretty much like Swilly except for the cold.

Crowds will be fine, the local police will come down on any wrong doing like the proverbial hammer as the games generally are pretty well supported, moreso in Polly than Ukk. Obviously if you are a person of colour you need to watch yourself in some of the darker holes like Donetsk, but let's face it, there are plenty of places in this country where it would not be all that clever to find yourself alone after dark, especially if you are white.

FFS, it is a football tourny not some crusade to change the social environ, people seem to me to place far too much emphasis on the responsibility of sport and particularly footballers to be role models. No! Wayne Rooney is not a role model I should want any kid to follow, unless of course they can play a bit, he is just a fat, overpaid Scouse Tw@, the media whores want you to see him as something else so they can up their sales, unfortunately we live in world where the young and impressionable are pandered to far too much imho.

This is the same thing, there is a degree of lawlessness among the young of Eastern Europe, there are some horrible people exploiting that for their own political ends, Brazil and Russia, the venues for the next two World Cups, are far worse, get over it people.
Well this 58 year old kid can see it becoming chaotic . Matches abandoned due to walk offs .
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 10:34 pm

greengenes wrote:

Well this 58 year old kid can see it becoming chaotic . Matches abandoned due to walk offs .

Then that 58 year old should go to Specsavers.

It ain't happening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 12:57 am

It could happen if Italy are losing. Ballotelli walks off due to monkey chants and his teammates follow. That's a ready made excuse if you're losing now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:20 am

Well it's the first day of the actual tournament and the black Dutch players were allegedly subjected to monkey chants as the practised yesterday. EUFA has denied the claims saying it was a local protest about Krakow not being awarded any matches.

The Daily Mirror reporter present says it was monkey chanting aimed at the black Dutch players.

Make up your own mind who is telling the truth.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:25 am

Never believe the BBC! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 2:31 pm

At least Eufa are now admitting it's happened. It's going to be interesting to see how any further incidents are handled now.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:45 am

Balotelli was looking fairly angry anyway in last nights game, it wouldn't take a lot for him to have a tantrum any time.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:40 am

I hope this has not already been said but, Balotelli was looking fairly angry anyway in last nights game, it wouldn't take a lot for him to have a tantrum any time.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 1:48 pm

seadog wrote:
I hope this has not already been said but, Balotelli was looking fairly angry anyway in last nights game, it wouldn't take a lot for him to have a tantrum any time.

Seadog I sure I saw that somewhere but not sure where, when or by whom! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 1:55 pm

It wasn't me, was it Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Don't fink it wuz me either but seen it sum where bounce
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 2:10 pm

You boys are just too easily led! Sorry Iggy lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 2:41 pm

Sorry, I've been out did I miss anything? ---------------------------- Insert same repost here Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 4:01 pm

Iggy wrote:
Sorry, I've been out did I miss anything? ---------------------------- Insert same repost here Smile

Did you miss anything? Nah! This is ATD. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 4:39 pm

Miss the missable, ATD...............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012   Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

Balotelli threatens to leave pitch in EURO2012
Page 1 of 1