HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

theres some people on the pitch....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

theres some people on the pitch.... Empty
PostSubject: theres some people on the pitch....   theres some people on the pitch.... EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 10:54 am

i noticed today the amount of pitch invasions from saturdays games.

any other day, bar the final home game this is a criminal offence, due to safety issues.

so my question is : what makes promotion/relegation avoidance a safe time to be on the pitch, whereas, one person on the pitch is not safe
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: theres some people on the pitch....   theres some people on the pitch.... EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 11:14 am

The police can manage to deal with circa 5, 5000 is a different circunstance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: theres some people on the pitch....   theres some people on the pitch.... EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 11:37 am

Sneinton Green wrote:
i noticed today the amount of pitch invasions from saturdays games.

any other day, bar the final home game this is a criminal offence, due to safety issues.

so my question is : what makes promotion/relegation avoidance a safe time to be on the pitch, whereas, one person on the pitch is not safe

Those stewards are big blokes, when they rugby tackle you then take you out back for a good kicking it really hurts and is therefore unsafe.

I must say I felt envious of the Saints fans on Saturday what a buzz, I will save my next pitch invasion until the next promotion, my be the first one ever in a wheelchair /invalid carriage by then though. lol!
Back to top Go down
Tavypilgrim

PostSubject: Re: theres some people on the pitch....   theres some people on the pitch.... EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 11:58 am

Generally pitch invasions are fine, especially if a promotion is being celebrated. However precedents have been set where things have gone wrong. Didn't former Argyle player Scott Laird get punched in one such invasion?
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: theres some people on the pitch....   theres some people on the pitch.... EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:26 pm

They do go wrong . A group of us went to watch Torquay All the Torquay fans invaded the pitch so I joined in. Then some bloke had an epileptic fit in the centre circle. Not good
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: theres some people on the pitch....   theres some people on the pitch.... EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:25 pm

Tavypilgrim wrote:
Generally pitch invasions are fine, especially if a promotion is being celebrated. However precedents have been set where things have gone wrong. Didn't former Argyle player Scott Laird get punched in one such invasion?

not sure of that one, although i was at newcastle, tuesday night back in 91 or 90, all argo fans got free admission (only 20 or so there), robbie 'the elbow' turner had just put us 2 up, when a geordie ran on and tw@ted him. papers said it was an alledged incident!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: theres some people on the pitch....   theres some people on the pitch.... EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:53 pm

Sneinton Green wrote:
Tavypilgrim wrote:

not sure of that one, although i was at newcastle, tuesday night back in 91 or 90, all argo fans got free admission (only 20 or so there), robbie 'the elbow' turner had just put us 2 up, when a geordie ran on and tw@ted him. papers said it was an alledged incident!

Scott Laird got thumped by one of his own fans. I think it was Port Vale and can't be bothered googling it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: theres some people on the pitch....   theres some people on the pitch.... Empty

Back to top Go down

theres some people on the pitch....
Page 1 of 1