PlymptonPilgrim
Greenskin
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Fletcher's comments Empty
PostSubject: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 10:37 am

Rather interesting words from Fletch in todays Indy:

"It has been hard,because there are people even in and around the club that haven't wanted us to do well.That has been the biggest disappointment to me.It is hard to say why that is.You would have to ask them personally.But it is disappointing and it is those kind of people you don't want around a football club.You don't want them trying to disrupt what you've got in the changing room."

Mmm.Wonder who that would be,then?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 10:41 am

Greenskin wrote:
Rather interesting words from Fletch in todays Indy:

"It has been hard,because there are people even in and around the club that haven't wanted us to do well.That has been the biggest disappointment to me.It is hard to say why that is.You would have to ask them personally.But it is disappointing and it is those kind of people you don't want around a football club.You don't want them trying to disrupt what you've got in the changing room."

Mmm.Wonder who that would be,then?

'In and around the club'. That would narrow it down. Time for the dogs to be unleashed again. Or tub thumping at the very least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 10:41 am

Interesting, who would have benefited from our relegation?
Back to top Go down

It's probably my fault. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 10:44 am

Media people perhaps,or creditors who lost out bigtime.Pitch suppliers.I expect there are quite a few.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 10:53 am

oddball wrote:
Media people perhaps,or creditors who lost out bigtime.Pitch suppliers.I expect there are quite a few.

To quote a well known superfan, freaks, wierdos and vile scum, whoever they are. How very dare they.

I blame Freathy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 10:55 am

Never much doubt was there guys
Back to top Go down
Katman2

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:02 pm

oddball wrote:
I see you have got yourself in another Greensonscreen photo Smile
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Jeeeeez maybe 'Tony' is now feeding Fletch and co. their lies. You can guarantee that ATD has been demonised.

The real weirdos n freaks are those who conspire to do things like discredit the Trust and silence anyone who doesn't agree with their parochial mindset.

The influence these people seem to have achieved is as astounding as it is sickening.

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:28 pm

There may well be tensions within the club with the increasing activities of the voluntary sector impinging on some peoples jobs and responsibilities but I doubt very much if that would lead to any kind of mindset that didn't want the club to do well. I'd like to think most of us on here, whatever our questions or criticisms, only want the best for the club however it's achieved.

Mind you, if you'd lost your parking space...that's a different story lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:31 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Jeeeeez maybe 'Tony' is now feeding Fletch and co. their lies. You can guarantee that ATD has been demonised.

The real weirdos n freaks are those who conspire to do things like discredit the Trust and silence anyone who doesn't agree with their parochial mindset.

The influence these people seem to have achieved is as astounding as it is sickening.

I don't see how he would be bothered by comments on a message board?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:39 pm

He certainly seems undecided about his future, if Bournemouth came knocking he would go at the drop of a hat i reckon.
Every cloud has a silver lining.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Maybe I'm reading too much into the comments but the notion that ATD wants the club to fail has reached the very top.

As Charlie, so rightly remarked,many of us simply want better for the club than is currently on offer and are not willing to sit under the flag and bang the drum for the control freaks who currently appear to have Brent's ear and backing.
It is both controlling and childlike in equal measure .

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:02 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Maybe I'm reading too much into the comments but the notion that ATD wants the club to fail has reached the very top.

As Charlie, so rightly remarked,many of us simply want better for the club than is currently on offer and are not willing to sit under the flag and bang the drum for the control freaks who currently appear to have Brent's ear and backing.

No doubt this information came from Newell and Webb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:05 pm

Maybe Fletcher is pissed off with the person who began the "bring back Warnock" campaign.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:16 pm

When you look back to when we were 5th I think it was in the CCC with Ollie as manager, we were all "chuffed as badgers in the mating season".A lot of people have now become disillusioned with what is going on at the club and rightly express themselves.Fletcher has obviously picked up on the negative waves.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:49 pm

oddball wrote:
When you look back to when we were 5th I think it was in the CCC with Ollie as manager, we were all "chuffed as badgers in the mating season".A lot of people have now become disillusioned with what is going on at the club and rightly express themselves.Fletcher has obviously picked up on the negative waves.

There is a huge differance between being negative and wanting the club to fail. I personally believe there are a few people, 1 or 2 people that post on here who are gutted we didnt get relagated so they can continue thier wave after wave of club bashing. Not to mention i told you so.

So to those few narrow minded people, who just continue to slate the club, the shit league with the shit teams, post stupid predictions with Argyle getting hammered in all of them, and keep dreaming of a billionaire taking us over.

Many of us said we wouldnt go down. TOLD YOU SO.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:55 pm

Tringreen wrote:

Dont tar everyone with the same brush Tring. It's not them thinking that ATD wants the club to fail, its aimed at a minority of people on many forums, as well as people within the club and supporters, who are constantly negative no matter what the club does or achieve's. And Yes after the winless start to the campaign i see staying up as an achievement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:30 pm

125+1 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Dont tar everyone with the same brush Tring. It's not them thinking that ATD wants the club to fail, its aimed at a minority of people on many forums, as well as people within the club and supporters, who are constantly negative no matter what the club does or achieve's. And Yes after the winless start to the campaign i see staying up as an achievement.

There are people who only see pie in the sky and wouldn't recognize better if it hit them between the eyes.......and yes I agree that from an handicap of nine games to achieve succes with two games in hand is great........so we did it in 35 games,even with Fletcher.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:35 pm

ZYPH wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

There are people who only see pie in the sky and wouldn't recognize better if it hit them between the eyes.......and yes I agree that from an handicap of nine games to achieve succes with two games in hand is great........so we did it in 35 games,even with Fletcher.

Look how far we've come ! Good job the minnows below us went into freefall more like.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:36 pm

Anyone who thinks that anyone who posts on here wants the club to fail or is "gutted we didnt get relegated" is childish and immature in the extreme. It's an utterly rediculous notion. Or they really cannot see that those people were genuinly concerned at the state of the club that failed and continues to fail all by itself - that's why we have plummeted from Champioship to the bottom of league 2 in three seasons and only just narrowly avoided ejection from the football league for being too shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:46 pm

When Ridsdale arrived and was given his mission, it was inevitable his methods would eventually leave the club riven with disagreement. Too many people have been dealt a very bad hand, have not liked the ethics of certain parts of the process.

Fletcher's talking nonsense of course, and his comments are just the latest use of the filched Ridsdalian aggressive technique that has become so popular at the club with certain factions. NO ONE wants the club to fail. I doubt very much if Jonah is referring to ATD in particular, I doubt this site hardly registers... but I'm sure it reflects what is going on at the club itself... hence his 'changing room' comment .. that's where he sees his constituency for some strange reason given his record.

Fletcher knows he's not popular with some at the club after his appalling 3 years ... probably THE most failed Argyle captain and general changing room head honcho in Argyle history. We only really turned the corner when the MOST successful captain and head honcho returned ... Paul Wotton. Jonah's comments are designed, in my opinion, to aid his push for the permanent managerial job and are embedded language for Brent, who, let's be honest here, wouldn't know a decent football manager if one jumped out of his technical area and tugged his forelock.

Brent will of course reward him as one of the 'band of brothers' myth that has been created... he has already stated his admiration of Fletcher's 'intelligence'.
I must be living on a different planet.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:59 pm

125+1 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Where in Fletchers comments is there any reference, whatsoever, to internet forums?

Stop trying to invent stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 3:05 pm

Anyone who is a argyle fan like myself is delighted to have avoided relegation so fair play fletcher for that, but i wont be happy unless this club is chasing promotion out of this shit league and we will only do that by attacking football not treating barnet like they are brazil ffs. the happy clappy glad to have a club bollocks won't wash with me i'm afraid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 3:25 pm

But will the fans be singing"Its like watching Brazil" next season.I rather think they wont.Well with a full back on the left wing and a central midfielder on the right we aint going to frighten opposition full backs are we?I am most interested to see whether Fletcher makes any tactical changes for our last two matches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's comments   Fletcher's comments Empty

Back to top Go down

Fletcher's comments
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next