HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ed Shillabeer comments

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Ed Shillabeer comments Empty
PostSubject: Ed Shillabeer comments   Ed Shillabeer comments EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 9:47 am

Looks like the AFT aren't going to be a big player on larger,long term issues then.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: Ed Shillabeer comments   Ed Shillabeer comments EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 10:19 am

The Trust's response to the HHP development plans should indicate clearly that we are very much focused on the long-term future of the club. The Trust has more than one string to it's bow - activities ans campaigns around issues of immediate concern to all football ssupporters (safe standing, for instance), as well as issues affecting Argyle, both now and in the future. We're also organising more general, less 'serious' events, such as the upcoming 'Greens on the Big Screen' film night in September.

The Trust has a critical eye on all things Argyle. We will always be driven by our members' wishes, and it's clear at this point that our members view the long term future of the club, and its ambitions,as being a major priority.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Ed Shillabeer comments   Ed Shillabeer comments EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 10:39 am

Argyle Fans' Trust wrote:
The Trust's response to the HHP development plans should indicate clearly that we are very much focused on the long-term future of the club. The Trust has more than one string to it's bow - activities ans campaigns around issues of immediate concern to all football ssupporters (safe standing, for instance), as well as issues affecting Argyle, both now and in the future. We're also organising more general, less 'serious' events, such as the upcoming 'Greens on the Big Screen' film night in September.

The Trust has a critical eye on all things Argyle. We will always be driven by our members' wishes, and it's clear at this point that our members view the long term future of the club, and its ambitions,as being a major priority.
Yep, I agree and I think that's how it should be.

I don't think the PASB was a bad idea from the start as it goes- I thought it may have been a useful sounding board for all the different fan groups to unite in a sort of coalition along with independents. As it's actually turned out though, I wouldn't be overtly bothered to see it end tomorrow. Seems to entirely lack direction, purpose, reason or remit. I feel much safer with the AFT representing us than the PASB. And that's nothing against the PASB volunteers whatsoever, more like the way that the club have handled it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ed Shillabeer comments   Ed Shillabeer comments EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 11:23 am

Brent likes or dislikes focuses around the control element, he is in favour of the pasab because it is a toothless animal purring at his feet, the fractious trust elements within bound and gagged by minutes and TOR, we need an independent trust more than ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ed Shillabeer comments   Ed Shillabeer comments EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 1:27 pm

PASB is and will forever be seen as a inshop union that wouldnt dare speak up for fans in fear of being ousted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ed Shillabeer comments   Ed Shillabeer comments EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 1:41 pm

It all appears to nicey nicey for my liking. Whilst I accept the militant way may not be the way to go, the AFT do not appear to be doing anywhere near enough in relation to questioning the proposed development (of course IMO)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ed Shillabeer comments   Ed Shillabeer comments EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 2:51 pm

I would not be the right person to employ in a role like this, there are people around though like Graham Clark and John Lloyd who can ask searching questions and get to the heart of a matter in an intelligent and courteous way, the fact that baby James doesn't like people asking any other than his own questions mean the questions need asking more than ever.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ed Shillabeer comments   Ed Shillabeer comments EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 5:05 pm

Iggy wrote:
I would not be the right person to employ in a role like this, there are people around though like Graham Clark and John Lloyd who can ask searching questions and get to the heart of a matter in an intelligent and courteous way, the fact that baby James doesn't like people asking any other than his own questions mean the questions need asking more than ever.

Yep I agree. Graham and John are 'well-versed' in every context of the phrase. I do feel though if they were to crank up their level of velocity in terms of laying the bare facts out, there'd be plenty more current fence-sitters who would wake up to the (pretty horrendous) reality of the situation. If Brents current raping of Central Park gets steamrollered through, Argyle will be condemned to a generation of lower-league nothingness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ed Shillabeer comments   Ed Shillabeer comments EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 5:49 pm

Graham Clark has got to be impartial in all this because of his job, his facts based info shots are useful as not many others deal in facts, long may that continue, I only used those two names as they were the first to spring to mind as the type of person needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ed Shillabeer comments   Ed Shillabeer comments Empty

Back to top Go down

Ed Shillabeer comments
Page 1 of 1