Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.

Go down 
+11
Czarcasm
Greenskin
Tringreen
pilgrim_pete
pepsipete
Freathy
Tgwu
lawnmowerman
Dougie
akagreengull
Grovehill
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
pilgrim_pete

Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
pilgrim_pete wrote:
500 jobs created in Plymouth when unemployment is at an all time high -and yet people still have a moan.

Great news, well done JB.

When will they get paid .............. in 5 years ? Or shall we start framing a few dodgy shirts now ? lol! NIKKKKKKKK !!!!!!!

You bleddy ol' cynic,you! lol!

They've made me that way.

ps I could murder a real pasty and a pint of bitter right now. I'm quite normal in the real world, with real people. A tad dogmatic admittedly but only when I know I'm right lol!

Lovely weather for golf out here. Am joining a golf society , how's your golf going ?

Do you play golf Tring? Very Happy I bet there are some cracking courses out there. Am thinking of going to play after work actually, but the weather in Plymouth is changing like.. Well the weather.

Sparkwell it'll have to be.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 2:20 pm

I do indeed dear boy.Never played regularly though, so am no better than an 18 handicapper.Was a member at Staddon many years ago, as a lad. Unfortunately there aren't that many courses on the island and the good ones are a 2hr drive away in the hills near Paphos. It won't be long before it's too hot for golf. Can't bloody win can you ?
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 2:22 pm

18 handicap is dreamland for me.

Been playing regularly for about two months now, and my best is 46 over 18 holes at Sparkwell. Bleddy white thing won't go in the hole. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 2:30 pm

pilgrim_pete wrote:

Been playing regularly for about two months now, and my best is 46 over 18 holes at Sparkwell. Bleddy white thing won't go in the hole. Basketball

Has anyone shown you how to grip the club and swing correctly ? Maybe you need a cheap starter group lesson somewhere. You'd better hurry up, the GT's Golf Day has been arranged I believe. Don't expect the gruesome twosome will play. Golf is probably for educated w@nkers, not real fans, with real mates and real low cunning. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:35 pm

Yes I have to the first question. It's just consistency is the problem. Shame.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:56 pm

pilgrim_pete wrote:

46 over 18 holes? affraid Sounds like a North Korean presidents round to me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Golf is going pretty well thanks,Tring.Playing off 14 ATM,could be due a cut soon.We had a very good win on Saturday against a couple of 11 handicappers from Yelverton in the Daily Mail foursomes,we're in the third round now,not sure if it will still be regionalised.

Has the ATD golf day died a death? I'm still up for it.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:57 pm

Greenjock wrote:
It's good news if the football club doesn't get forgotten amidst the rest of the ventures. Somehow I don't think there will be any problems with planning permission being granted.

Mr Brent looks like he's gotten himself a nice little earner.

The Council is giving Mr Brent £2.000.000 toward the ice ring
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:58 pm

Greenskin wrote:
pilgrim_pete wrote:

Golf is going pretty well thanks,Tring.Playing off 14 ATM,could be due a cut soon.We had a very good win on Saturday against a couple of 11 handicappers from Yelverton in the Daily Mail foursomes,we're in the third round now,not sure if it will still be regionalised.

At the risk of being whooshed, that is +46 over 18 holes GS Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 4:06 pm

pilgrim_pete wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
pilgrim_pete wrote:

feck me PP were the holes all on same course or did you continue to count shots whilst commuting? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 4:29 pm

pilgrim_pete wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
pilgrim_pete wrote:

What's the par down at Sparkers? About 70 as i recall.If you shot 116,then actually that isn't too bad if you've only been playing for a couple of months,not much different to me after i'd just started.Tough old course to learn on i'd have thought,my mate and myself started on a little 9 hole course down at Doublebois,which was ideal.The important thing is to stick at it,'tis certainly a game which can drive you to despair at times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Dougie wrote:
PCC love James Brent

Did it go out to tender?

Funny just before the local election,
I was wondering what she was going to pull out of her bag,
Cottage Field could be the site for the new ice ring
Not good news for the Friends of Central Park.

Have you read the local action plan for central park? Cottage field is designated for "leisure" use. Always was. Also bear in mind that the old pool and mayflower centre are being turned into green field sites.

Doubt they will put a cinema.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:23 pm

Greenskin wrote:
pilgrim_pete wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
pilgrim_pete wrote:

What's the par down at Sparkers? About 70 as i recall.If you shot 116,then actually that isn't too bad if you've only been playing for a couple of months,not much different to me after i'd just started.Tough old course to learn on i'd have thought,my mate and myself started on a little 9 hole course down at Doublebois,which was ideal.The important thing is to stick at it,'tis certainly a game which can drive you to despair at times.

When I win the lottery, I'm going to buy the mansion down by the 9th green at that place. Very Happy

We used to go down there years ago. Used to do 9 holes, pop up the Highwayman in Dobwalls for a pub lunch and a couple pints, then back for another 18 holes.

Good times. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
It's good news if the football club doesn't get forgotten amidst the rest of the ventures. Somehow I don't think there will be any problems with planning permission being granted.

Mr Brent looks like he's gotten himself a nice little earner.

The Council is giving Mr Brent £2.000.000 toward the ice ring

Screw the golf- see what TGWU dug out. Nice for some.

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 6:46 pm

Greenskin wrote:

Given the preceding paragraph, then probably yes...unless I'm your partner Very Happy

Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 7:01 pm

Greenskin wrote:
pilgrim_pete wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
pilgrim_pete wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] This one, GS?

Sparkwell is a par of 68, and I've only done the course about 4-5 times. It's tough, but I am getting there. Putting letting me down at the moment, 3 putts galore. Even a 4 putt on SAturday!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 7:23 pm

pilgrim_pete wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
pilgrim_pete wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
pilgrim_pete wrote:

Sparkwell is a par of 68, and I've only done the course about 4-5 times. It's tough, but I am getting there. Putting letting me down at the moment, 3 putts galore. Even a 4 putt on SAturday!

Yep,thats the one.Funnily enough we were talking the other day about paying it another visit for old times sake,we may do that soon-i remember they were just building the Dobwalls bypass when we played there regularly.Just looking at my club fixture list,we're playing Sparkwell down there on July 12th and at our place on August 9th,had a couple of close games last year,won on the last green at Sparkwell and lost on the last green at Hurdwick.

Putting can make a hell of a difference to your score,if you can regularly two putt,you're a good way to becoming a reasonable player.I think they do a lot of short game coaching at American golf at Elburton,maybe worth taking a couple of lessons from the pro down there,alternatively there's a mountain of golf coaching stuff on the internet which can be helpful.

We seem to have drifted off subject a bit but it beats talking about bleddy ice rinks,gas boards and deep throats to a cocked hat,IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 7:25 pm

I thought Heaney/BIL's plans were disliked because over over development in Central Park?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 7:28 pm

mrrapson wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Dougie wrote:
PCC love James Brent

Did it go out to tender?

Funny just before the local election,
I was wondering what she was going to pull out of her bag,
Cottage Field could be the site for the new ice ring
Not good news for the Friends of Central Park.

Have you read the local action plan for central park? Cottage field is designated for "leisure" use. Always was. Also bear in mind that the old pool and mayflower centre are being turned into green field sites.

Doubt they will put a cinema.

May not be Cottage Field with the Brent bid, one of the reason why the other bids failed was the only place for them to put the ice ring was Cottage Field, Brent had the upper hand by having Home Park car park to put it on.

Brent bid was the smallest increase of capacity for the Pavilion. 4,500

Last edited by Tgwu on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 7:37 pm

Greenskin wrote:
pilgrim_pete wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
pilgrim_pete wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
pilgrim_pete wrote:

Yep,thats the one.Funnily enough we were talking the other day about paying it another visit for old times sake,we may do that soon-i remember they were just building the Dobwalls bypass when we played there regularly.Just looking at my club fixture list,we're playing Sparkwell down there on July 12th and at our place on August 9th,had a couple of close games last year,won on the last green at Sparkwell and lost on the last green at Hurdwick.

Putting can make a hell of a difference to your score,if you can regularly two putt,you're a good way to becoming a reasonable player.I think they do a lot of short game coaching at American golf at Elburton,maybe worth taking a couple of lessons from the pro down there,alternatively there's a mountain of golf coaching stuff on the internet which can be helpful.

We seem to have drifted off subject a bit but it beats talking about bleddy ice rinks,gas boards and deep throats to a cocked hat,IMHO.

Thanks for the tips Greenskin. I heard a phrase this week 'You drive for show, and putt for dough'. Never a truer word said. Why do players take off their glove? Haven't really tried it, so may give that a go this weekend.

Too wet to play tonight.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Greenskin wrote:

See you on the 12th. I'll be in Team Sparkwell. Didn't play in either of the fixtures last year. Course is playing ok at the moment, if a little hard in places. Plenty of run on the fairways.
Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Grovehill wrote:
I thought Heaney/BIL's plans were disliked because over over development in Central Park?

nah its because newell posty and the president werent invited in to his gang
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:36 pm

anyone remember players not property ??????
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Just back to golf, you're all welcome to

My new course

For assistance with prices £1 = R12.5 at the mo'

Mind you the airfares bump the cost up somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:52 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

See you on the 12th. I'll be in Team Sparkwell. Didn't play in either of the fixtures last year. Course is playing ok at the moment, if a little hard in places. Plenty of run on the fairways.

Look forward to it.Talking of run on the fairways,i played at Launceston GC a couple of weeks ago and ended up playing in a four ball,one of who was a 19 year old 3 handicapper from Yelverton.As true as i'm sat here,we played a 385 yard par 4,which was level,no downhill running,and he hit his drive to within 30 yards of the green! 350 yards,i'm lucky to get that far in two.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:57 pm

All this development news breaking today for me calls into question whether Brent really was just saving 125 years of history.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.   Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Home Park to be an Ice Rink with a field attached to it.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next