Tringreen
Chemical Ali
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:40 pm

master.bater wrote:
Was that little nugget left for me Frank? I ain't biting mate. Mad

I can't tell if it's your paranoia, or your overblown sense of self importance that would make you feel like it had been left for you and not for everyone who is viewing.

I think he was referring more to the Lamont Dezner types than any wannabe's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:48 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
master.bater wrote:

No mate Very Happy

I predict that Ridsdale will fill his board with influential people to get everyone on side. I would not be surprised if Mark Russell gets offered a place on the board.

That's been my contention ever since these GTs popped onto the scene, they did Ridsdale's express bidding and have neatly stolen any control over the fund raising of fans. Another new milenium salesman ... just what our club needs ... wouldn't know how to produce a real product if their life depended on it... will fit in perfectlt with Ridsdale, always the plan, although it might not officially be a 'Board' position. How about Head of Charitable commercial activity ... a new Bill Pearce, but without the morals.

As I have been saying for months, this lot are in a hurry. It's been a hoot watching the changing positioning of all the candidates.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:56 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
master.bater wrote:

No mate Very Happy

I predict that Ridsdale will fill his board with influential people to get everyone on side. I would not be surprised if Mark Russell gets offered a place on the board.

I just can't see it happening tbh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:58 pm

Rickler wrote:
master.bater wrote:

I can't tell if it's your paranoia, or your overblown sense of self importance that would make you feel like it had been left for you and not for everyone who is viewing.

I think he was referring more to the Lamont Dezner types than any wannabe's.

Sorry Nigel, it's the overblown sense of self importance again. Must get a book on that when I'm next in waterstones looking for books on boosting my minimal brain power. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 7:10 am

Sadly, I can see much of this happening. From the wheeling around of 'legend' Ro [2nd choice to Luke] to the courting of various Trust, GT and heaven forbid, Pasoti dignitaries, Ridders will have this bunch in his pocket.
Enjoy the ride fellas. The business lounge will be heaving but the ground will be virtually empty, except for a few loyal, unthinking, Aviva footsoldiers.

As has been pointed out, even Exeter fans are getting angry at the collective stupidity and personal agendas of Argyle's finest fans.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 7:19 am

I don't buy the 'Ro' being wheeled around or a 'pawn' of anybody.

He has obviously made his 'bed' with Argyle and in Plymouth, and just wants the best for the club, and himself.

No different to any other Argyle fan really.

It's not like he is shouting loud on top of a 'soperbox' or anything!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 7:28 am

I am sure there will be a good turnout for the testimonial, and rightly so. I am also sure that Ridders will be let nowhere near the finances of that one.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:15 am

Yes, we have all seen plenty of shit at Home Park over the years but next season will see being shit taken to a whole new level. It may almost be worth taking in the odd game just for the novelty and comedy value of watching what will be by far the worst 'team' to have ever played in the football league. It's a certainty that Argyle will be relegated out of the football league "but at least we'm got a team to support innit" Rolling Eyes I'm sure the terminally stupid will be looking forward to Forest Green Rovers in 12/13 season while parroting "Ridsdale saved Argyle" and "who is there apart from Heaney?" And of course most depressing of all "we'm alright 'cos at least stapes is on the board 'cos eee's a praaaper faaan".

The chances of seeing me at Home Park next season are now virtually nil.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:38 am

Rickler wrote:

I don't buy the 'Ro' being wheeled around or a 'pawn' of anybody.

He has obviously made his 'bed' with Argyle and in Plymouth, and just wants the best for the club, and himself.

No different to any other Argyle fan really.

It's not like he is shouting loud on top of a 'soperbox' or anything!

I do agree with you about Larrieu.IMHO,would have been a seriously sought after commodity had he not sustained firstly a serious knee injury and subsequently testicular cancer.Badly treated by successive Argyle managers in recent times [and i say that as a Reid supporter],just gets on with the job without fuss and sometimes without adequate support,either on the pitch or on the terraces.I would surmise that Romain is more affected than most by Argyle's plight and i hope his testimonial is a success,far more deserved than most.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:44 am

He is also the last survivor of 'the glory years'. Anyone other than Capaldi would be getting the same treatment from the fans.
Something to cling on to. Having sad that, I would support his testimonial but he's no legend..........never been able to kick ! lol !
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:34 am

FWIW...

Romain just 'friended' me, and obviously hundreds of other Argyle fans on facebook.

He has also just started a 'Hello' thread!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:49 am

Just call me Tonto!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 1:22 pm

we better get going then, first pre season is in 2 weeks
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:11 pm

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaaah! They're on the way!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Can't honestly say that the quality of the signings make me aglow with anticipation for the new season,the Villa lad looks to have a bit of pedigree,but i guess we're going to have to get used to this from now on.Reminds me of the Hodges era,when free transfers from Rochdale were also greeted with some rapture.How "the could have been mighty" have fallen.

Another thought-presumably these lads have joined the club with some guarantee that they will actually get paid.Does this mean that the long suffering staff at HP will also start getting some of their due wonga on a slghtly more regular basis? Certainly hope so.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:46 pm

Steady on Greeny, think of your blood pressure! a start at least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:53 pm

Oh dear ! It's when I look at articles like that the reality of what's on offer really hits home.
Can't wait for Ridsdale' ST price announcement ... it sounds like he's going to try to charge almost the same price, and more in the case of DD and U23.
He'll be lucky to get 3,000 .... if that. I say he, because at the moment I don't remotely feel like it's US, and that isn't likely to change in a hurry.
I can out last him.... plenty of cheaper entertainment out there that I can identify with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 7:12 am

With the signing of new players I assumer the staff etc. have now been paid up-to-date?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 7:27 am

GOB wrote:
With the signing of new players I assumer the staff etc. have now been paid up-to-date?

You know the answer is no...

The 'reason' being... Not enough money in the PB's pot at the moment for as bailing out the moral responsiblity of the prevous regime. ( it has been stated it will be paid in full at some point - really?)

They must however give the Riddler the opportunity to field a team if the club is to succeed. Therefore they put their money into players. If the club is successful, the more chance their property deals are a bonanza.

Personally... I wish everyone involved the best of luck. We as fans are gonna need it!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 7:35 am

I can only assume that the new players are very, very desperate indeed!

You would expect the PFA to have a say in this, why are new players being allowed to sign when players and staff have yet to be paid?

The shame of being connected with this club is growing!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:35 am

We do need players though (no matter how crap). The staff must of course be immdiately paid but we also need players. No players then it really is the end for the staff as there will be no team to fulfil fixtures and therefore no club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:49 am

No Season Tickets sold = No team

No team = No Club

No club = Development

Development = Stapes and Co. making a packet

OR

Seasons Tickets sold = Cheap team

Cheap Team = Relegation/poor performance

Relegation/poor performance = Lower season ticket sales

Lower season ticket sales = no team

No team = Development

Development = Stapes and Co. making a packet

Let the fans decide!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 6:43 pm

I like the sound of the Oldham guy.

Attitude problems. Should be a good replacement for Rory.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle set for signings spree
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2