RegGreen
Angry
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings Empty
PostSubject: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:03 pm

The Link

From the Link wrote:
Steven Schumacher has confirmed there have been no conversations to indicate that any of his five loan players at Plymouth Argyle will be recalled by their parent clubs during the January transfer window.

The Pilgrims' boss is working on the basis he will continue to have Sam Cosgrove, Nigel Lonwijk, Bali Mumba and Morgan Whittaker available to him until the end of the season, as well as Finn Azaz when he recovers from a broken ankle.

There has been one change, though, with Championship club Norwich City - who have loaned 21-year-old Mumba to Argyle - sacking head coach Dean Smith yesterday.

Mumba has been excellent for the Pilgrims this season in either of the two wing-back positions, getting four goals and the same number of assists from a total of 22 starts and five substitute appearances.

Schumacher said: "There have been no conversations with them (the parent clubs). With Dean Smith leaving we will see how that one plays out, but all of the loan managers are delighted with how their players' seasons are going.

"They are putting themselves in the shop window, they are gaining valuable experience and they are enjoying their football, which previously on their other loans they didn't as much as this.

"We have ticked our box what we were supposed to do. The agreement was to be until the end of the season and I'm sure they want their players to continue enjoying what they are doing.

"All we have had is assurances of 'We are happy with how it's going and we want that to continue'. They haven't told us any different."

Norwich dismissed Smith after losing three of their last four Championship games, leaving them fifth in the table and 12 points outside an automatic promotion place.

Mumba has played nine games for Norwich, including five starts, but the last of those appearances was in September 2021 in a Carabao Cup tie against Liverpool, since when he has had loan spells at Peterborough United last season and now Argyle.

On the situation at Norwich, Schumacher said: "Someone might come in who loves Bali Mumba and if that's the case then that's the case, you have got to deal with it.

"Until that happens, Bali will continue playing here and hopefully keep enjoying it and keep doing what he's doing."

Cosgrove is Argyle's joint top scorer with 10 goals in all competitions, along with Ryan Hardie, while Whittaker has netted eight times, including the winner when the Pilgrims beat Cheltenham Town 1-0 at Whaddon Road on Boxing Day.

Lonwijk has been a regular in defence this season and it is hoped Azaz will be able to return from his ankle injury towards the end of January.

I truly hope we arent going to going back to the days of relying heavily on loan signings like we did under the reluctant one and del bhey and have them disrupt our squad constantly when either they are recalled or their deals expiry. The 5 we have now are all doing well of course but its not good not longterm for a manager to rely so much on other teams players and not being able to bring in their own.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 8:48 am

By the sounds of it Shoe E is already trying to soften the blow about mumba already kinda sounds if knows he his gunna lose him and tbh it wouldn’t surprise me one bit cos let’s have it right his been playing a blinder and it’s not hard to see why other clubs would be interested…this is why we need to be actually paying transfer fees for our own players if not this will happen regularly basis no matter how the board keep coming out with the spiel they want to be a sustainable championship club well we certainly won’t be while we’re we ain’t got any players of our own for starters with just had 8 years under the shyster to prove the point .
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 8:56 am

Not good that 20+ goals have come from players who won't be here next season.

Losing 5 loan players and having to "upgrade" PAFC players who aren't good enough for the Championship, it looks like half the squad will need replacing in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 9:10 am

I’m disgusted we’ve got these loan players in that have largely been the difference in getting us to the top of the league. It’s a fcuking disgrace. What we clearly need to be doing is ignoring the loan market and giving players like George Cooper three year contracts as the clubs top earner.

That’s the only way forward.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 9:18 am

Czarcasm wrote:
I’m disgusted we’ve got these loan players in that have largely been the difference in getting us to the top of the league. It’s a fcuking disgrace. What we clearly need to be doing is ignoring the loan market and giving players like George Cooper three year contracts as the clubs top earner.

thank you for agreeing with me that we are over reliant on loan players and that its going to hurt us when they leave like before. What we need is a a board of directors investing in the team (even though the promised they would with the ticket price increase) and not just run down 5 a side pitches under the disguise of improving existing facilities.

That is the way forward
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 9:35 am

Czarcasm wrote:

Absolutely Czarcs. Should never have sold Pan either, far better that we should be paying him thousands a week for not playing, than getting a loanee who's championship quality.

Also, I can't quite see how Reg translates 'Norwich will be getting a new manager' into 'Mumba will be leaving'.

Still, will be all be academic in the end, because will more than likely Hallett will dismantle the squad and sell everyone in the transfer window, just like he did with Pan.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 9:58 am

As soon as Norwich sacked Smith it was obvious Mumba will be gone in early January.  The foundations on which this season are built are entirely sand which is now causing the whole thing to come crashing down.  Good luck to Schuey trying to find a replacement for Mumba -or maybe he won't have to as he will take Mumba with him when he goes to Norwich.  No wonder Ipswich and Sheff Wed fans don't even view Argo as a threat.

Last edited by Freathy on Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 10:17 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Absolutely Czarcs. Should never have sold Pan either, far better that we should be paying him thousands a week for not playing, than getting a loanee who's championship quality.

Also, I can't quite see how Reg translates 'Norwich will be getting a new manager' into 'Mumba will be leaving'.

Still, will be all be academic in the end, because will more than likely Hallett will dismantle the squad and sell everyone in the transfer window, just like he did with Pan.

Rolling Eyes
it’s the way Shoe E has worded the statement PP with words like MiGHT and IF and we’re deal with it IF normally means when ..plus the way his tried go into detail about mumba and not really the other loans as much …nothing would give me more pleasure to be wrong on this on this one
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 10:41 am

geek Time will tell who is right or wrong, the couple of Hallett defenders left would defend him selling our whole squad not just Pan.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 12:00 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
geek Time will tell who is right or wrong, the couple of Hallett defenders left would defend him selling our whole squad not just Pan.

Like i said when SH was flavour of the month, he will end up just like all the prevoius owners-cashing the club in when he stops spending and the fans turn against him.

Reckon he'll be gone within a year.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 2:19 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Like i said when SH was flavour of the month, he will end up just like all the prevoius owners-cashing the club in when he stops spending and the fans turn against him.

If he did, I’d expect it would be to people with ‘next level’ finance. In terms of club progression, that would be a pretty good definition of progress. So win win.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 3:23 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

If he did, I’d expect it would be to people with ‘next level’ finance. In terms of club progression, that would be a pretty good definition of progress. So win win.

There's literally millions of pounds sat in Argyle's bank account atm. Just spending a tenth of that on signing up a couple of the loanees would go a long way towards ensuring promotion this season and a safe finish next season.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 4:44 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

There's literally millions of pounds sat in Argyle's bank account atm. Just spending a tenth of that on signing up a couple of the loanees would go a long way towards ensuring promotion this season  and a safe finish next season.

But we are maxed out on loanees so we must sign free agents or pay a fee which Sigh has said many times he isn't going to spend on anything but land and property.
Our best hope of being promoted this season is hoping that we can stay top two until end of January until Azaz returns although I will be very surprised if he comes back fit by then.
Lets also hope no one else in the top two of our league raids our squad.
I hate January.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 5:19 pm

I miss jimmy and the shit years, all this winning, packed homepark and quality players, makes me sick! fcvk you moaners im off to the match cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 6:18 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

There's literally millions of pounds sat in Argyle's bank account atm. Just spending a tenth of that on signing up a couple of the loanees would go a long way towards ensuring promotion this season  and a safe finish next season.

But we are maxed out on loanees so we must sign free agents or pay a fee which Sigh has said many times he isn't going to spend on anything but land and property.
Our best hope of being promoted this season is hoping that we can stay top two until end of January until Azaz returns although I will be very surprised if he comes back fit by then.
Lets also hope no one else in the top two of our league raids our squad.
I hate January.
The Whittaker being recalled and then sold to Ipswich rumour is still going around
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 10:38 pm

Hearing a few rumours that Hardie is off?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 10:48 pm

Another classic thread.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyFri Dec 30, 2022 10:39 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hearing a few rumours that Hardie is off?
Saw that mentioned on Pasoti.  With every other team in the top 6 all the talk is about strengthening in January.  With Argo it's about which of our best players is leaving and being handed over to our rivals.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyFri Dec 30, 2022 11:07 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Another classic thread.

It's a thread FFS with fans opinions on it, even your snide little remark is part of it, you really are lost if you come on here expecting ten pages of happy clapping.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyFri Dec 30, 2022 4:18 pm

Everyone has their own opinions, but I really don't understand the negativity. There we are, 4 points clear at the top of the league, lost just 3 games all season, a very good young manager, a very good team playing good football, a Chairman who is actually is a fan and has put his own money into the club, attracted outside investment and set the club up to run on a professional basis.

That is such a far cry from where we've been over the last 10 years, and yet the only talk is about players are going to be sold, loan players returning to their own clubs then playing for our rivals (like that's going to happen), and how terrible the Chairman is.

I'm no fan of Chairmen of the club over the last few years, I've been very critical of Stapleton and Brent, but this guy, in my view is completely different. He's not in it for the money, he genuinely wants the club to be successful and reach the championship and has put his money where his mouth is.

Just look at the club now, the team, the staff, the infrastructure is so much better than it ever has been.

Far from the team being dismantled, two signings are likely to be brought in to strengthen the squad.

I, for one, am thoroughly enjoying this season. We've seen some great games, had some great results, and yes, the table doesn't lie, we are the best team the league.

So, feel free to wallow in your negativity, carry on being miserable, and wanting Argyle to fail at everything they do.

Happy new year.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyFri Dec 30, 2022 5:08 pm

FFS
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyFri Dec 30, 2022 5:15 pm

I'm beginning to wonder if PP and Czarks can even read? It's a thread discussing Schueys article at the top of the thread followed by different posters views on what they think will happen in January. The different views obviously do not align with your views but wtf should they?
Maybe you pair should club together and buy the forum then you could just quietly ban me and Freathy and just move everyone elses posts to rumours or opinions instead of just writing it off as negativity.
I am now fully involved in my role as Hallett hater now (not that I've ever actually hated Hallett) as it's pointless even saying it now the forum has become so demarcated by a couple of posters.
I will be revisiting this thread at the end of January and see who was negative and who was realistic.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyFri Dec 30, 2022 5:24 pm

I'm enjoying the season.

You and others are clearly not.

Crack on.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyFri Dec 30, 2022 6:23 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
I'm enjoying the season.

You and others are clearly not.

Crack on.

Where have I said I am not enjoying the season? Forgive me for taking anything at face value the club says regards to January transfer windows firstly after never seeing a good January transfer window in my nearly sixty years of following Argyle and secondly after the bullshit from Hallett about marquee signings followed by selling our best player in the summer.
That is a thread about loan signings not about enjoying the season maybe thats where your contusion comes from?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings EmptyFri Dec 30, 2022 6:27 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I'm beginning to wonder if PP and Czarks can even read? It's a thread discussing Schueys article at the top of the thread followed by different posters views on what they think will happen in January. The different views obviously do not align with your views but wtf should they?
Maybe you pair should club together and buy the forum then you could just quietly ban me and Freathy and just move everyone elses posts to rumours or opinions instead  of just writing it off as negativity.
I am now fully involved in my role as Hallett hater now (not that I've ever actually hated Hallett) as it's pointless even saying it now the forum has become so demarcated by a couple of posters.
I will be revisiting this thread at the end of January and see who was negative and who was realistic.

You have a bit of an obsession with pigeon-holing people and attempting to rewrite history. On top of that, rather than seeing this season play out for what it is, you bang on about “let’s see who’s right” all the time.

You’d rather be ‘right’ in your doom forecasts, than Argyle be successful…and that’s sad as fcuk tbh.

As for the site being demarcated, you’re clearly blissfully unaware of your role as instigator-in-chief of a good number of posters leaving the site, either for good, or just not bothering to post any more.

So much passes you by that you clearly just don’t get. But yeah, you crack on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings   Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings Empty

Back to top Go down

Schumacher explains Plymouth Argyle latest over their five loan signings
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next