seadog
Tringreen
Chemical Ali
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Argyle set for signings spree  Empty
PostSubject: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:31 am

According to the Herald-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'll believe it when I see it. I can't see anyone any good wanting to join us and think we'll be lumbered with crap that even Torquay don't want. Says in the report that Ridders is hoping to renegotiate the contracts of Johnson, Walton and Fletcher. Also seems that they want Nelson to be sold to bring in money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:34 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
According to the Herald-

I'll believe it when I see it. I can't see anyone any good wanting to join us and think we'll be lumbered with crap that even Torquay don't want. Says in the report that Ridders is hoping to renegotiate the contracts of Johnson, Walton and Fletcher. Also seems that they want Nelson to be sold to bring in money.

If I was a cynic I would say that this news has come out now to quell any revolt from the fans meeting later today.

But I am not a cynic so I won't say it.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:56 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
According to the Herald-

If I was a cynic I would say that this news has come out now to quell any revolt from the fans meeting later today.

lol! Bears to the slaughter !...................... trouble is, they're taking the rest of us with them No
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:35 am

Signings as in:

Rubber cheques, false promises etc etc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:42 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
According to the Herald-

If I was also a cynic I would agree and add the Bishop International news and Ridsdale's spat with Buttivant as classic diversional tactics.

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 17)
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:26 am

The club is being led like a lamb to the slaughter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:25 pm

The morale of the players left must be at rock bottom. Despite being crap they busted a gut last season with no pay. Now they are being "thanked" by being sacked for not agreeing to play for free this year. And now we are going to sign some more players for free, who will play for free. (So they must be really good)

The last couple of years have been bad, but I think next season is going to be the worse season in our history. I think non league awaits us.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:35 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
The morale of the players left must be at rock bottom. Despite being crap they busted a gut last season with no pay. Now they are being "thanked" by being sacked for not agreeing to play for free this year. And now we are going to sign some more players for free, who will play for free. (So they must be really good)

The last couple of years have been bad, but I think next season is going to be the worse season in our history. I think non league awaits us.

That is why this farce has to end. Liquidate and be done with it. Nameless, faceless scumbags abound.
Don't give them any support.
Liquidate and build again through the Trust. Even I'd join.

Start again from rock bottom................ but please don't let Napoleon be involved. affraid
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:51 pm

Welcome to HomePlex, no team, no season tickets, no fans but a Gardener of cinema.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

That is why this farce has to end. Liquidate and be done with it. Nameless, faceless scumbags abound.

Start again from rock bottom................ but please don't let Napoleon be involved.  affraid
I have been of that persuasion for the last year or so,it is the only proper way to rid ourselves of the locusts once and for all.
We might even come out at the other end of it with a hint of respectability about us,unlike now where we are despised by many quarters of football for the cva antics etc.
Just a shame that it would take away a large chunk of my mine and many others lives watching us get back into League football,for the more senior amongst us the sad reality is it would be the end of League football for Argyle fullstop.
Well done Stapes,the 6 other cronies and the mindless hordes and Aviva boys who backed them...hope you sleep well in your beds knowing this.

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 8)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 1:39 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Start again from rock bottom................ but please don't let Napoleon be involved. affraid

I have been of that persuasion for the last year or so,it is the only proper way to rid ourselves of the locusts once and for all.
We might even come out at the other end of it with a hint of respectability about us,unlike now where we are despised by many quarters of football for the cva antics etc.
Just a shame that it would take away a large chunk of my mine and many others lives watching us get back into League football,for the more senior amongst us the sad reality is it would be the end of League football for Argyle fullstop.
Well done Stapes,the 6 other cronies and the mindless hordes and Aviva boys who backed them...hope you sleep well in your beds knowing this.

But do you think that if we did start again as AFC we would have the same old sad acts jostling for position and trying to muscle in for a bit of social status?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 3:04 pm

Cant wait to see who the new players are, shit, shit, shit
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 3:40 pm

cobipafc wrote:

Cobi........... you are too young and naive to understand the complexities and moral/practical issues of what is going on.

Even your mentor now doesn't believe any of this nonsense is acceptable.

But if it makes you happy to dig out your autograph book, so be it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 3:49 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

But do you think that if we did start again as AFC we would have the same old sad acts jostling for position and trying to muscle in for a bit of social status?

That is the problem! - The thing is, it takes a certain type of person to run such a show, we may not like their moral standards or the way they conduct themselves, but the fact is we need that type of person to get anything off the ground because I'm buggered if I would want to do it.

Liquidation is the only step that can be taken to give the club back any sense of pride and it's the penalty that has to be paid for allowing Stapleton to take us down this path. Literally every connection regarding the club is a parasite, the club needs to be cleansed and there's only one way to achieve that.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Sadly yes. As I've often remarked, it is part of the problem with Plymouth.
Hopefully the Trust would become the hub of everything, with its own forum and every part of the Trust will be run democratically and fairly.
Otherwise, it really would be goodbye Argyle and those that caused the demise would still be blaming apathetic janners for not following the party line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 5:22 pm

Tringreen wrote:
cobipafc wrote:

Cobi........... you are too young and naive to understand the complexities and moral/practical issues of what is going on.

Sometimes I just pray for you to feck off.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 5:31 pm

cobipafc wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
cobipafc wrote:

Spoken like a true big gay bear ! pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 5:36 pm

Look at the Co-operative and Nationwide. there are plenty of examples where groups hold their values despite being surrounded. Many ventures remain true to their roots despite the wannabes that always pop up anywhere, anytime. It takes good vision and leadership, a discipline to remain within the remit of the group, and most importantly, a keen eye for a pig. It is possible.

Frank's right though, for some of us a new beginning would quite likely spell the end of seeing Argyle play league football. Still, ho hum to that, I have a lot of games under my belt, and I'm already staring down the end of a barrel with Ridsdale and Heaney and his chums, which is totally unacceptable to me and several fans I have talked to... in fact, I'm surprised how many have taken offence ... they really are not going to support such a set up which obviously has huge input from the old owners.
Nothing lasts for ever, most football clubs won't be here in 200 years, people move on, as they are beginning to now outside of the super clubs and their mega money and media domination.

I would support a new beginning and would find it most satisfying. Also, I'm thinking of taking up the Penzance/Newlyn Pirates again, but that all depends on what goes on in their business plan too. Not much chance of that dunce Napoleon turning up there, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 5:42 pm

It's gonne be interesting, I think the number of fans willing to see the club face liquidation and a rebirth greatly outnumber those that want to continue with the present and I expect the numbers to rise even further once fans are subjected to the P&D level of football.

The majority place their moral compass far higher then they place the club. A lesson for Mr Ridsdale maybe?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:14 pm

So have we signed anyone yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:41 pm

cobipafc wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
cobipafc wrote:

And here was me thinking i was condesending on pasoti!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:22 pm

GOB wrote:
I think the number of fans willing to see the club face liquidation and a rebirth greatly outnumber those that want to continue with the present

I don't think that's true... Maybe time for one of those infamous polls?

And I personally would much rather carry on as we are, then go into liquidation.

If the the "fans moral compass" was so high, then you wouldn't have many of the half baked threats that pollute the farm about season tickets and Potd etc. And all this nonsense about going to away games and not home ones as some sort of protest etc...

Simple if you disagree that much, don't go at all. But they simply can't. It would mean giving up Argyle TOTALLY and they can't do it - much like posty and leaving Pasoti. What did that last, a day?

No if Newell and the crowd despise the new regime that much... Don't go at all ever!

But they will...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:24 pm

Rickler wrote:
GOB wrote:
I think the number of fans willing to see the club face liquidation and a rebirth greatly outnumber those that want to continue with the present

I don't think that's true... Maybe time for one of those infamous polls?

And I personally would much rather carry on as we are, then go into liquidation.

If the the "fans moral compass" was so high, then you wouldn't have many of the half baked threats that pollute the farm about season tickets and Potd etc. And all this nonsense about going to away games and not home ones as some sort of protest etc...

Simple if you disagree that much, don't go at all. But they simply can't. It would mean giving up Argyle TOTALLY and they can't do it - much like posty and leaving Pasoti. What did that last, a day?

No if Newell and the crowd despise the new regime that much... Don't go at all ever!

But they will...

I think it will all change when Ridsdale offers the GT's a place on his new board.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:27 pm

Was that little nugget left for me Frank? I ain't biting mate. Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:37 pm

master.bater wrote:
Was that little nugget left for me Frank? I ain't biting mate. Mad

No mate Very Happy

I predict that Ridsdale will fill his board with influential people to get everyone on side. I would not be surprised if Mark Russell gets offered a place on the board.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle set for signings spree    Argyle set for signings spree  Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle set for signings spree
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next