Dougie
Elias
LondonGreen
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Greenman

Who kept us up ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who kept us up ?   Who kept us up ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:06 pm

Pres you are wasting your time with this lot. They don't even go to games or have a good word to say about the club. They are anti Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who kept us up ?   Who kept us up ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Now that's really ruined my day lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who kept us up ?   Who kept us up ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:15 pm

Greenman wrote:
Pres you are wasting your time with this lot. They don't even go to games or have a good word to say about the club. They are anti Argyle.

Actually i've been to quite a few matches this season.......next.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who kept us up ?   Who kept us up ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:18 pm

Greenman wrote:

Pres lol! Do you know that every time I try reading your post I can't stop myself reading it in a 12yr old girls, ner ner ner ner ner, voice. "They are anti Argyle" lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who kept us up ?   Who kept us up ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:23 pm

It was so much better when Ponty was at it, these juniors get eaten alive.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Who kept us up ?   Who kept us up ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:49 pm

GOB wrote:
It was so much better when Ponty was at it, these juniors get eaten alive.

Growl ! Feckin Growl !

ps I did predict the draw at Hereford and the win over mighty Aldershot. Both scores correct too.

How's that for positivity ? lol!

The fortunes and future at Home Park are even easier to predict, if you put down the drum, stop looking at everything through green tinted spectacles and actually look at what is going on and how that relates to success on the football pitch.
All the flag waving and heart ruling the head, means nothing in the cold light of day.
But hey ! who am I to change the habits of a lifetime, or worse still stand in the way of Newell's car parking spot.
Look how far we've come when the lunatics are taking over the asylum that is PAFC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who kept us up ?   Who kept us up ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:39 pm

Greenman you really should not generalise. I have missed only a small handful of matches in years at Home Park so to state this lot don't even attend is bollocks. Some of this lot don't attend would be truer. Mr President, if you are going to bare the title President then you should practice acting a little more Presidential rather than a Dictator of a small State. Getting involved in petty squabbles is most unstatesman like and you should be above that. Try treating all supporters, whatever their view, with the same respect.

Back to the question possed which was what kept us up as I believe we are now safe. The answer in my view is simple. The Defence improvement and only that. If you are going to judge managers by performance which is the normal way of things then you have to give Fletcher some credit for the safety. You cannot blame when things go wrong and then ignore the facts when things go better. I also do not think it has anything to do with anything else other than Argyle improving. The league positions state the obvious that there are worse sides than Argyle in this league otherwise we would still be bottom. You can only be better than the teams in your league and that is the only comparison you can make. Trying to compare with sides outside your league is pointless. Size of club is irrelevent.

The question of who kept us up should now move on and the big question should be what happens next. Clearly to stand still is not acceptable if we are not in Admin or have no pre-season. Planning and building for next season is the top question now. Clearly this current squad is not good enough for this league to progress. Promotion push would be nice next season but whatever happens it must be much better than this one. I want to know what is planned for the coming season and who will do the planning. I want to know how much the planner has to aid his planning and what the expectations are for the Board. The goodwill seen this season will soon disappear in a proper season if dire football and a relegation battle is the order of the day again.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Who kept us up ?   Who kept us up ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:52 pm

As I told Webby, Purse. Blenchard and Wotton will almost certainly have 'organised' the defence.What is there in the performances to make thinking people believe that Fletcher is errrrrrrrm the man for pushing the club up a division ?

It's the same old Argo[and most football fans], heart ruling the head.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Who kept us up ?   Who kept us up ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Brent kept us up by buying us out of administration. Had he not done so we would certainly have gone down if we had stayed in business that long. Having bought us out of administration he appointed Fletcher as manager. Fletcher was then able to sign Wotton, Chadwick, Blanchard, Hemmings, MacDonald, the other Fletcher, Tsoumou and Lennox who have all played their part. Fletcher then got the team, important word that, to scrap like dogs, imposed a playing structure ("it's all about shape, laddie") which he adhered to rigidly so that the players knew where they were going to slot in when they were picked or came on as a sub, managed to stop us getting players sent off and stopped us conceding easy goals. All of this stuff about there being two teams worse than us is obviously true but it applies equally to every team except the relegated two and is an argument far more spiteful and miserly than any that I'd be proud to make. I would rather that we had played better and that it had been more comfortably achieved but that isn't the case. I am ready and willing to acclaim the spirit, teamwork, togetherness, unity, graft, sweat and refusal to accept that we were going down. Anybody that says we don't deserve to stay up doesn't know what they are talking about.

Last edited by Sir Francis Drake on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Who kept us up ?   Who kept us up ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:59 pm

TringyI predict that last line will be put in your blog today/ tomorrow lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who kept us up ?   Who kept us up ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:19 pm

Can I just say it is good to have Webb/mr Pres on here for what is good open debate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who kept us up ?   Who kept us up ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 6:00 am

Sir Francis Drake, I applaud thee.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Who kept us up ?   Who kept us up ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 6:47 am

Bogsider wrote:
Can I just say it is good to have Webb/mr Pres on here for what is good open debate.

Which is which?

This isn't pasoti..

Make him post under El Pres when its official, and under his own name when it's not.

After all... This was a distinction he himself made such a big deal about.

...and of course, because you know it will cause trouble - get him to supply his IP address.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Who kept us up ?   Who kept us up ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 8:19 am

The Pres is obviously going to put an over positive spin on the situation but the bottom line as I see it is we're still near the bottom of this attrocious division going into mid April. We're still playing utterly shit and riding our luck to scrape a point here and there. We were absolutely battered black and blue Monday by Aldershot who had the ball in the net 3 times. IF we stay up (it's not over yet) it'll be down to luck combined with the utter shitness of other teams. Brent has had long enough including a transfer window to avoid this.

But real issue is the message I'm not getting from brent is ambition. Agreed, I suppose we'll have to wait and see what 'budget' is given to the manager in the summer but it won't be anything like what's needed to do what we should be doing and that's getting out of this terrible division (upwards). I won't be happy with going for mid-table next season and many others won't be either. The longer we stagnate in this shit divison the more fans will be lost forever. Even talking about keeping fletcher next season for more of the same shit as this season doesn't make me or many others want to part with hard earned cash every other saturday. Keeping fletcher and hovering around lower/mid L2 next season may please the few who post on pasoti but it will keep/drive plenty of fans away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who kept us up ?   Who kept us up ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:25 am

Greenman wrote:

YOOOOUMMMMM NAAAT PRAAAAPER FAAAAANS

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who kept us up ?   Who kept us up ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:32 am

If you were in charge Freathy what budget would you set? What would you do?

I suppose the first question would be that given the payments we already have to make would your budget be above income for say a regular 5,000 attendance?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who kept us up ?   Who kept us up ? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who kept us up ?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: