PlymptonPilgrim
Tgwu
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

January Transfer Window - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 07, 2024 9:54 pm

Whittaker to Brentford is the new rumour doing the rounds....

given the clubs answers of late i dont have any reason not to think this has legs and could come true. Worth noting whatever fee is agreed Swansea get a nice slice of that fee from the sell on clause. We shouldnt be selling him regardless till at least the summer and even then we shouldnt be keen too we should be wantig to keep him for as long as we can and hopefully build around him and get ourselves established in this league before entertaining bids.

however the club clearly needs the money so they will go with whatever is offered and then try and spin it with a loan move for a yts player from Everton who once sat on a park bench near dewsnip house so is known to him that way.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 07, 2024 10:04 pm

Replace Staplewallett with hallett and Holloway with schumacher and it's 2008 all over again. There's no way hallett / dewsnip will turn down the very first derisory offer that comes in for Whittaker. It's all about the property.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 07, 2024 10:28 pm

Freathy wrote:
Replace Staplewallett with hallett and Holloway with schumacher and it's 2008 all over again. There's no way hallett / dewsnip will turn down the very first derisory offer that comes in for Whittaker.  It's all about the property.

Starting to look that way.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 9:04 am

Does feel increasingly likely that Whittaker is off, possibly to Brentford
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 9:44 am

Surely not.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 1:21 pm

First incoming of the window, Ashley Phillips, highly rated centre back on loan from Spurs, currently England U 19's captain.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 1:23 pm

People are getting worked up about the departure of Aziz Cundle and perhaps MW.

One thing they have in common is they all came here on loan, so in fact our recruitment team is doing a grand job, with only a couple of poor recruits over the last few years. They also manage to raise the bar of those they recruit season by season. And I fully expect this window's intake to be a cut above.

If and when MW departs, I'm sure we will get a decent fee that will enable the whole squad to be upgraded.

When Colin Sullivan was sold to Norwich, Waiters signed half a dozen players and got us promoted the following season.

Edited to add: a quality player joined as I was typing this!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 1:38 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
First incoming of the window, Ashley Phillips, highly rated centre back on loan from Spurs, currently England U 19's captain.

He's being driven straight to Stoke
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 3:25 pm

Whittaker to Brentford 'rumour' appearing more and more in various places. This looks pretty much definite now and he'll be gone before Huddersfield. The accepted offer is bound to be below his current market value (basically because we are Argo) and there is the 25% sell on fee for Swansea. We won't end up with much, certainly not enough to avoid relegation.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:36 pm

Grovehill wrote:
People are getting worked up about the departure of Aziz Cundle and perhaps MW.

One thing they have in common is they all came here on loan, so in fact our recruitment team is doing a grand job, with only a couple of poor recruits over the last few years. They also manage to raise the bar of those they recruit season by season. And I fully expect this window's intake to be a cut above.

If and when MW departs, I'm sure we will get a decent fee that will enable the whole squad to be upgraded.

When Colin Sullivan was sold to Norwich, Waiters signed half a dozen players and got us promoted the following season.

Edited to add: a quality player joined as I was typing this!

If you believe that you probably still believe in santa claus and the easter bunny.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 1:27 pm

Whittaker is going nowhere this season, Waine may be off to Bristol Rovers on loan
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 3:24 pm

Graiser wrote:
Whittaker is going nowhere this season, Waine may be off to Bristol Rovers on loan

If the right money is offered for whittaker(argo price 3m or above) it'll be accepted and he'll be off, don't be so green graiser.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 4:10 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Graiser wrote:

If the right money is offered for whittaker(argo price 3m or above) it'll be accepted and he'll be off, don't be so green graiser.
listening to radio devon Parky done a interview to try quell speculation about Whittaker said his not for sale his signed a 3 yr contract he likes it here his definitely not for sale also added with had no interest whatsoever from any premier club .his he telling porkys pies who knows but I don’t think the club are stupid enough to sell him in this window specially if they flog him and we get relegated as well there be a massive backlash from the fans the club know that …but that I think the summer transfer window will be a different ball game altogether that’s when clubs will swoop for him and test the club’s resilience by waving 4 to 5 million at em so we’re see
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 5:12 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Graiser wrote:

listening to radio devon Parky done a interview to try quell speculation about Whittaker said his not for sale his signed a 3 yr contract he likes it here his definitely not for sale also added with had no interest whatsoever from any premier club .his he telling porkys pies who knows but I don’t think the club are stupid enough to sell him in this window specially if they flog him and we get relegated as well there be a massive backlash from the fans the club know that …but that I think the summer transfer window will be a different ball game altogether that’s when clubs will swoop for him and test the club’s resilience by waving 4 to 5 million at em so we’re see

Actions speak louder than words and i agree with les as soon as a plymouth price this month is offered he will be sold regardless to whether it harms the team or not.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 6:26 pm

When anyone from Argo categorically denies someone is not leaving you know 100% they will be off within a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 6:39 pm

Freathy wrote:
When anyone from Argo categorically denies someone is not leaving you know 100% they will be off within a few weeks.

then they will turf out the old "we tried to make him stay" to deflect the reaction. Then the old classic of "there will be money to spend in the transfer window" mid february.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 6:46 pm

I see Wolves have only loaned Cundle to Stoke. I thought Wolves had recalled him to sell. I can only assume Stoke have agreed to buy him in the Summer?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 6:48 pm

Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:

then they will turf out the old "we tried to make him stay" to deflect the reaction. Then the old classic of "there will be money to spend in the transfer window" mid february.

My post of course should have read "When anyone from Argo categorically denies someone is leaving" LOL
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 7:44 pm

A few wild rumours going around

Joe Gelhardt on loan from Leeds
Ovie Ejaria (free agent ex Liverpool, Sunderland, Rangers and Reading midfielder) on trial at Argo?? Ex England U20 & U21 so obvious link with Frost

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 7:44 pm

Ovie Ejaria is apparently on trial here with a view to a perm move.

Ovie is a free agent after leaving Reading last month by mutual constant. Ovie is a midfielder.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:35 pm

Angry wrote:
Ovie Ejaria is apparently on trial here with a view to a perm move.

Ovie is a free agent after leaving Reading last month by mutual constant. Ovie is a midfielder.
he might have only left Reading last month but his not played all season I believe his been out injured…hence probably why his having a trial not signed on any deal as of yet or not maybe the case ..at least the club have learnt …a few years ago we would have just signed him injured and got stuck with him..but this reeks of a very cheap option & a bit of a gamble
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 10, 2024 12:08 am

Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Actions speak louder than words and i agree with les as soon as a plymouth price this month is offered he will be sold regardless to whether it harms the team or not.
I don’t think he will be sold this window ! But I think there be talking to clubs in private between now and setting up a deal for the summer nailed on 100% sold then in the summer .and when i said a fans backlash if he left in Jan and we got relegated the club know there would be a dramatic fall in season ticket sales for next season that’s another reason while they will wait till summer
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 10, 2024 8:17 am

Foster still thinks he's coach at England U20s. In a relegation scrap we need experience!

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 10, 2024 11:02 am

Freathy wrote:
Foster still thinks he's coach at England U20s.  In a relegation scrap we need experience!

We was linked with another of their players yesterday on loan Joe Gelhardt a striker another young player who has barely played for leeds yet did in the England kid groups.

we need to add experience to the squad not just untried kids on loan that's going to be a gamble whether they can reach the standard we need in this league to make the impact required or they turn out to be no better or worse than what we have now because they aren't ready for this level yet.

If this is part of the 5 year plan becoming a feeder club for prem teams to farm out their first/second year pros too that we fill key roles with thats not a good sign too me and a sign of the club going back to the days of the reluctant one where del bhey had to literally play a team of loanees a season and was partly responsible for the collapse of the emergency loan scheme as we heavily relied on that too. Its not sustainable nor ambitious and the upheaval and uncertainty every January will be costly to the side too if it becomes problematic.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 10, 2024 12:41 pm

Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Foster still thinks he's coach at England U20s.  In a relegation scrap we need experience!

We was linked with another of their players yesterday on loan Joe Gelhardt a striker another young player who has barely played for leeds yet did in the England kid groups.

we need to add experience to the squad not just untried kids on loan that's going to be a gamble whether they can reach the standard we need in this league to make the impact required or they turn out to be no better or worse than what we have now because they aren't ready for this level yet.

If this is part of the 5 year plan becoming a feeder club for prem teams to farm out their first/second year pros too that we fill key roles with thats not a good sign too me and a sign of the club going back to the days of the reluctant one where del bhey had to literally play a team of loanees a season and was partly responsible for the collapse of the emergency loan scheme as we heavily relied on that too. Its not sustainable nor ambitious and the upheaval and uncertainty every January will be costly to the side too if it becomes problematic.
Not only unsustainable & non Ambitious as well as problematic….it’s a bloody nightmare to watch!…good post well said Angers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

January Transfer Window
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next