Mook
PlymptonPilgrim
Tgwu
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Grovehill

January Transfer Window - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 6:10 pm

Or you could look at it another way and say "We've had a couple of £million + players for half a season just for paying part of their wages. Now we can get another 2 or 3"

Anyway, what's the point in going on about Azaz? Unlike Morgan Whittaker he doesn't actually want to play for us-unless he turns down all the Clubs that are after him and comes back to Home Park!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 6:33 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Or you could look at it another way and say "We've had a couple of £million + players for half a season just for paying part of their wages. Now we can get another 2 or 3"

Anyway, what's the point in going on about Azaz? Unlike Morgan Whittaker he doesn't actually want to play for us-unless he turns down all the Clubs that are after him and comes back to Home Park!

what makes you think he didnt want to play for us? it was his club that accepted a bid for him and recalled him we didnt make an offer for him so i would say in his eyes we didnt want him. We can worry about Mumba and Whittaker in the summer cause if we go down they wont be hanging around and if the new bloke sucks they wont be keen to stay.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 6:54 pm

4 days into the window and two key players gone already. Expect it to get a whole lot worse yet.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 7:00 pm

Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

what makes you think he didnt want to play for us? it was his club that accepted a bid for him and recalled him we didnt make an offer for him so i would say in his eyes we didnt want him. We can worry about Mumba and Whittaker in the summer cause if we go down they wont be hanging around and if the new bloke sucks they wont be keen to stay.

Why do I think he doesn't want to play for us? Well the fact that he's fecked off back to the Midlands is a bit of a clue. He could have told Villa that he was happy at Home Park and wouldn't sign for anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 7:04 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Why do I think he doesn't want to play for us? Well the fact that he's fecked off back to the Midlands is a bit of a clue. He could have told Villa that he was happy at Home Park and wouldn't sign for anyone else.

well he isnt our player he is an aston villa player and if they recall him he cant very well refuse can he?? If our club refuses to bid for him or tried at least to keep him with a bid which they didnt what right have we as fans to even start that crap your spouting about him wanting out. If he turned down our contract offer for middlesbrough thats another story but we didnt even get to that stage.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 7:13 pm

Freathy wrote:
4 days into the window and two key players gone already.  Expect it to get a whole lot worse yet.

So how would you go about getting players in?

Ring their club and say:

"You've got a midfielder we quite like the look of, can we take him on loan to get a better look? We will pay half his wages, you have to guarantee we keep him for a full season (unless he gets injured or is shyte, in which case we send him straight back.) If we like him at the end of the season we will give you half what anyone else will pay. If we don't like him you can have him back but musn't sell him to any of our rivals or any of our ex managers"

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 7:17 pm

Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

well he isnt our player he is an aston villa player and if they recall him he cant very well refuse can he?? If our club refuses to bid for him or tried at least to keep him with a bid which they didnt what right have we as fans to even start that crap your spouting about him wanting out. If he turned down our contract offer for middlesbrough thats another story but we didnt even get to that stage.

I heard he declined to sign a permanent deal with us at the start of the season. If he wants to play for us, he is free to refuse to sign for another Club.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 7:19 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

I heard he declined to sign a permanent deal with us at the start of the season. If he wants to play for us, he is free to refuse to sign for another Club.

bollocks to that made up rumour. pp heard one that he was set to sign for us last week
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 7:24 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Whittaker badly wanted to stay last year but had no choice in the matter. I heard from a reliable source [also told me about Mumba and Whittaker signing permanently weeks before the events happened] about 6 weeks ago that Azaz was very happy at Home park and Argyle were prepared to pay another £1m fee to make it happen, which was why PP's post regarding a permanent signing last week came as no surprise. Presumably his form in the interim has pushed the asking price beyond the reach of Argyle, sad but inevitable under the present financial regime.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 7:34 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Whittaker badly wanted to stay last year but had no choice in the matter. I heard from a reliable source [also told me about Mumba and Whittaker signing permanently weeks before the events happened] about 6 weeks ago that Azaz was very happy at Home park and Argyle were prepared to pay another £1m fee to make it happen, which was why PP's post regarding a permanent signing last week came as no surprise. Presumably his form in the interim has pushed the asking price beyond the reach of Argyle, sad but inevitable under the present financial regime.

i feel this was an occasion here hallet should have stepped in and helped the bid by funding the difference and he would have had justification due to his form and pressence in the team. £2m is small potatoes in this league and Azaz wont be that cheap again.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 7:44 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

i feel this was an occasion here hallet should have stepped in and helped the bid by funding the difference and he would have had justification due to his form and pressence in the team. £2m is small potatoes in this league and Azaz wont be that cheap again.

Hallett should have used the schumacher money and took a gamble with the balance based on increased TV money next season.  Signing Azaz could have kept us up.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 8:26 pm

Freathy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Hallett should have used the schumacher money and took a gamble with the balance based on increased TV money next season.  Signing Azaz could have kept us up.

catch 22 there though freathy, if he did that fans would be upset he used all tht money whatever it was cant imagine it was anything above £1m even for all four of those who left when we needed a striker and defender too and if come feb we are struggling fans will be more vocal about hallet not spending more to secure azaz.

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 8:50 pm

Nat Philips Isaac Hayden and Adama Lookman all rumoured to be available for loan in this window.

Perhaps IF will get them in-no one would moan about loan transfers then!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 9:06 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Nat Philips Isaac Hayden and Adama Lookman all rumoured to be available for loan in this window.

Perhaps IF will get them in-no one would moan about loan transfers then!

till the summer when most janners will be going on about re signing them.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 2:24 pm

Cundle staying apparently
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 2:38 pm

Greenskin wrote:

great hopefully that stays the case till february but make sure he plays tomorrow to cup tie him just to make it a bit more sure and kesler hayden also.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 6:12 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

great hopefully that stays the case till february but make sure he plays tomorrow to cup tie him just to make it a bit more sure and kesler hayden also.
don’t think he is just Plymouth live link in final discussions for 1.5 million move to stoke with Schumacher apparently they reckon it’s nearly a done deal
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 6:53 pm

Yep Cundle is off too.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 7:55 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

don’t think he is just Plymouth live link in final discussions for 1.5 million move to stoke with Schumacher apparently they reckon it’s nearly a done deal

dewsnip obviously either got told lies by wolves or lied to the media. we'll find out tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:45 pm

Schumacher nears ideal Stoke deal as £1.5m Cundle reunion moves swiftly towards completion
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 9:35 pm

Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

catch 22 there though freathy, if he did that fans would be upset he used all tht money whatever it was cant imagine it was anything above £1m even for all four of those who left when we needed a striker and defender too and if come feb we are struggling fans will be more vocal about hallet not spending more to secure azaz.

Not just the fee though is it, I would guess his salary would be out of our structure
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 9:41 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Not just the fee though is it, I would guess his salary would be out of our structure

they were paying the lion share of his salary (£6000 p/w)
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 9:46 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

they were paying the lion share of his salary (£6000 p/w)

I meant the salary being offered by Middleborough
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 07, 2024 8:32 pm

Cundle returns to Wolves

So it Looks like Dewsnip was feed BS by Wolves on friday.
why are we not trying to sign him or our we too skint and putting all our resources into the womens new training centre at the brickfields.....

ffs this month cant end soon enough for us.  Once again i truly hope with the clubs huge gamble the took in hiring foster that they are going to strengthen the squad tenfold before february 1st or we are in trouble and this guy is on a hiding to nothing from the start.

so far on the shopping list of positions that need to be replaced as a matter of importance

2 defenders (1 if gilesphrey ends up staying)
3 midfielders to replace Azaz, Cudle and Warrington
1 striker caise waine isnt good enough atm and bundu is more of a winger

so thats 5-6 signings with 4 loan spots to use up which its a given that they will be.

who do i see linked with us on the social media sites   a goalkeeper and a defender from oxford utd!!!!!

Last edited by Angry on Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 07, 2024 8:44 pm

Angry wrote:
Cundle has been recalled.

we are we not trying to sign him or our we too skint and putting all our resources into the womens new training centre at the brickfields.....

ffs this month cant end soon enough for us.  Once again i truly hope with the clubs huge gamble the took in hiring foster that they are going to strengthen the squad tenfold before february 1st or we are in trouble.

I was amazed he played yesterday tbh. Clearly no attempt was made by hallett to put up the cash to sign him the same as Azaz. We better get similar to or better than Azaz and Cundle this window or hallett is becoming a big liability.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

January Transfer Window
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next