Flat_Track_Bully
Greenskin
Freathy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

Transfer window deadline day Empty
PostSubject: Transfer window deadline day   Transfer window deadline day EmptyTue Jan 31, 2023 8:26 am

Not done too bad this window but anymore in?  Or even anyone out?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window deadline day   Transfer window deadline day EmptyTue Jan 31, 2023 8:52 am

Wouldn't have thought so, only rumour was that a Fulham defender may be coming in on loan but that seems to have died a death. Maybe some of the younger players going out on loan but it would be very silly to upset the first team applecart too much at this stage of the season, hopefully it will be very quiet.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window deadline day   Transfer window deadline day EmptyTue Jan 31, 2023 10:35 am

What's happened to Jephcott's move to Swindon? I thought it was being made permanent in this transfer window because they ran out of time originally and so had to just do a loan until January. Noticed he got subbed at half time in Swindon's last match!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window deadline day   Transfer window deadline day EmptyTue Jan 31, 2023 2:55 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
What's happened to Jephcott's move to Swindon? I thought it was being made permanent in this transfer window because they ran out of time originally and so had to just do a loan until January. Noticed he got subbed at half time in Swindon's last match!!

i dont see swindon signing him in the summer unless he finally twigs he has to work on more than goal hanging when hes up front as that gimmick worked well when he was new hes isnt a rookie anymore and he cant get away with it anymore.

other than a loan or two out the door today i dont see any activity by the club. I had hoped they would sign a defender but thats not going to happen and we will play russian roulette with what we have.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window deadline day   Transfer window deadline day EmptyTue Jan 31, 2023 4:05 pm

Jody Morris appointed Swindon Head Coach today, I expect he will take time to evaluate all the players before buying or selling anyone.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window deadline day   Transfer window deadline day EmptyTue Jan 31, 2023 5:38 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:

Charlie Austin happened
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window deadline day   Transfer window deadline day EmptyTue Jan 31, 2023 5:58 pm

A defender would have be nice but don’t expect any more new bodies in as we done our so called transfer frenzy early doors lol
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window deadline day   Transfer window deadline day EmptyWed Feb 01, 2023 9:31 am

A nice uneventful day then, let's see what we can do with what we've got, my fading memory can't really remember us having a better squad numbers wise and perhaps talent wise ... or being in a better position for promotion. Get into 'em.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window deadline day   Transfer window deadline day EmptyWed Feb 01, 2023 12:50 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
A nice uneventful day then, let's see what we can do with what we've got, my fading memory can't really remember us having a better squad numbers wise and perhaps talent wise ... or being in a better position for promotion. Get into 'em.

Absolutely Les, I don't mind eating a bit of humble pie when I'm wrong and I certainly was about January, I really thought we would lose say Hardie and Ennis and sign a fireman or two from Wales or Ireland but in my defence that has happened nearly every year since I was born. The squad has ridden out the injury of Azaz and the loss of Whittiker and fair play to the lads for that, lets keep grinding away now, tough month but all our rivals playing each other then we have a much better run in than most years. COYG.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window deadline day   Transfer window deadline day EmptyWed Feb 01, 2023 4:17 pm

Overall, i have to say its been a great January window a refreshing change from the norm where we actually added depth to our squad and not weakened by reducing the squad size and not improving areas needed and panic signing players that dont either play or are make any impact when they play.. 5 in 1 out is a good return and 4 out of the 5 (not seen earley yet) seem very good and can get alot better too. On top of that we kept all our key players including the loanees bar 1 when there was fear they would be recalled.
Its a real shame Whittaker was recalled for no real reason what so ever unfortunately for him and for us but that a side we have more to us now going forward all going well.Happy days indeed.

I do hope however despite bringing in 5 players and being better off as a result that not bringing in a defender doesnt come back to haunt us or indeed cost us as i do not see the players we have who play in defence not picking up injuries or suspensions and we are short on options. I do hope i am wrong however we shall see come May.

some big games coming up we need to be up for them and im sure the squad will be.

Graiser wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:

Charlie Austin happened

true however had Austin re-signed for swindon or not i still dont think it would have made a difference to Jephcott's future.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window deadline day   Transfer window deadline day EmptyWed Feb 01, 2023 5:45 pm

Angry wrote:
Overall, i have to say its been a great January window a refreshing change from the norm where we actually added depth to our squad and not weakened by reducing the squad size and not improving areas needed and panic signing players that dont either play or are make any impact when they play.. 5 in 1 out is a good return and 4 out of the 5 (not seen earley yet) seem very good and can get alot better too. On top of that we kept all our key players including the loanees bar 1 when there was fear they would be recalled.
Its a real shame Whittaker was recalled for no real reason what so ever unfortunately for him and for us but that a side we have more to us now going forward all going well.Happy days indeed.

I do hope however despite bringing in 5 players and being better off as a result that not bringing in a defender doesnt come back to haunt us or indeed cost us as i do not see the players we have who play in defence not picking up injuries or suspensions and we are short on options. I do hope i am wrong however we shall see come May.

some big games coming up we need to be up for them and im sure the squad will be.

Graiser wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:

Charlie Austin happened

true however had Austin re-signed for swindon or not i still dont think it would have made a difference to Jephcott's future.

I think that Whittiker may have been recalled due to pressure from our rivals ie Ipswich and SW on Swansea and all because all the loanees clicked and played well. It has happened a lot in the past pretty sure Scott Sinclair got recalled in January and he was borrowed for the season. Lots of shite happens behind closed doors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window deadline day   Transfer window deadline day Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfer window deadline day
Page 1 of 1