Transfer window

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Well it's almost up. And in true Argo tradition we're left hoping for something, anything right at the death. The brent lovers will naturally point to purse, chadwick (both already here and chadwick crocked), Wotton and Lennox as 'evidence' that he does give a shit about the playing side and survival. And I'm sure they'll say "we can make loan signings in Feb blah blah" Rolling Eyes But I'm afraid what brent has done is nowhere near even close to the bare minimum. The current team WILL be relegated. Brent has 5 days to save our league status and ultimately save the club.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Problem is freathy we keep getting told we cant sign any new players because of the wage cap. Which is a load of crap there are ways around it.
Back to top Go down

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Freathy - I think thats a tad extreme, i think the current squad could keep us up, however i agree that Brent needs to spend some money. A new striker, another centre half, and a decent right winger is needed in my opinion
Back to top Go down

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:39 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
Problem is freathy we keep getting told we cant sign any new players because of the wage cap. Which is a load of crap there are ways around it.

Did you see what Sky used as a 'headline' for that wage cap story ?

"Plymouth fans wanted to cheat !" ..... cheeky gits. still, a very handy story for James Citibank integrity Brent while not spending anything.
If it's not the football authorities, it's all the fans' fault again. remind me who blamed hillsborough on the fans.
While the multi millionaire ex banker keeps his millions in his pocket. Perhaps he hould have told his banker friends earlier about this integrity thing he's now so fond of.

Maybe the old wives tale is true ..... integrity is something that is to be afforded. jocolor
Back to top Go down

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:56 pm

Like its the fans fault for making Stapleton spend all that money aiming for the Premiership. Does anyone remember the shit PASOTI myths posts? Perhaps we could start our own...

Back to top Go down

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:24 pm

[quote="Freathy"]Well it's almost up. And in true Argo tradition we're left hoping for something, anything right at the death. The brent lovers will naturally point to purse, chadwick (both already here and chadwick crocked), Wotton and Lennox as 'evidence' that he does give a shit about the playing side and survival. And I'm sure they'll say "we can make loan signings in Feb blah blah" Rolling Eyes But I'm afraid what brent has done is nowhere near even close to the bare minimum. The current team WILL be relegated. Brent has 5 days to save our league status and ultimately save the club.[/quote]

I understand of course Freathy that this is your fishing net.

Your crystal ball that say we WILL be relegated.

Was it the same one who said that we'd lose to Crawley?

The same one who said same old Argyle when we were drawing against Burton?

The same one who has hailed Aidy Boothroyd's impact with Northampton?

If you ignore the the first 9 games in which Fletcher and Brent were not in control we are not in the bottom 4, let alone two. I think that should give everyone optimism that we WILL NOT be relegated.

Regroup in the Summer, another 5 months of the debt paid off, some more players off the wage bill and a full, uninterrupted pre-season. Heck we may even get to 16th cheers
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

"Plymouth fans wanted to cheat !" ..... cheeky gits. still, a very handy story for James Citibank integrity Brent while not spending anything.
If it's not the football authorities, it's all the fans' fault again. remind me who blamed hillsborough on the fans.
While the multi millionaire ex banker keeps his millions in his pocket. Perhaps he hould have told his banker friends earlier about this integrity thing he's now so fond of.

Maybe the old wives tale is true ..... integrity is something that is to be afforded. jocolor

Sorry pp didnt see that. Cheeky bar stewards.......... Look at crawley they have been finding loopholes for years (sorry cheating according to sky). The wage cap is just a damn good excuse not to invest any more more money. If mr b wanted to invest more akkeron could become a sponsor and increase income which means more money for wages.

What makes me really smile is at Saturdays game was I told by someone that sits near me that mr b is to honest to break the rules Yeah right!!!!!!!. And how dare i question our lord and savior. Tosser
Back to top Go down

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:39 pm

What's wrong with you all, you're not paaaaaapa fans, who needs new signings when we have a bleddy gert big flag!

Seriously, it's all very depressing, relegation from the FL for the first in the history of football, is a very high possibility.
Back to top Go down

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:46 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

Sorry pp didnt see that. Cheeky bar stewards.......... Look at crawley they have been finding loopholes for years (sorry cheating according to sky). The wage cap is just a damn good excuse not to invest any more more money. If mr b wanted to invest more akkeron could become a sponsor and increase income which means more money for wages.

What makes me really smile is at Saturdays game was I told by someone that sits near me that mr b is to honest to break the rules Yeah right!!!!!!!. And how dare i question our lord and savior. Tosser

Another crock of shit. If the Football League gave a toss Crawley would have been kicked out for not disclosing ownership details, and Leeds would have been thrown out way back for the shenanigans with Ken Bates owning, then not owning, then owning the club when it suited him. They couldn't care bloody less what Home Park changes it's name to, who sponsors it and where the money comes from as long as they don't have to get off their senile lazy asses and investigate.
Back to top Go down

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:57 pm

If anyone from the FL is reading that Jock, that's you in the sin bin!!

Very Happy

If they can remember where they put it.........
Back to top Go down

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:03 pm

I note that the first 'would relegation from the football league really be that bad, I mean we'd get to go to Braintree and we might even win some games' post has arrived. It's been scorned by Rupert 'supporter when the newspaper is paying' metcalf but we'll see.
Back to top Go down

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:03 pm

And maybe we will avoid relegation. Maybe Brent's policy is the right one. Maybe Deehan (and he does have an impressive cv if you look closely) will be a great signing. I am certainly more pleased with him than a lot of others seem to be - he has been involved in winning things and promotions throughout the tiers of the league.

We have sent Sutherland back - I don't know what proportion of his wages we were paying. We have offloaded Whatsisname in Ireland - ditto his wages. Not sure what Hourihane's deal is? Maybe all that will release enough money to make at least another loan signing.

By all accounts Chadwick's contribution was a good one - when he comes back from injury that may make more of a difference. The young lads Nelson (who will soon be available after injury), Lecointe & Young look good prospects. Who's Lennox after just 5 minutes? But, after the impact he had in that short time, maybe he will be a secret weapon.

Our results are improving.

In the situation we have just emerged from, what more do you want? Rejoice.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:07 pm

knecht wrote:
And maybe we will avoid relegation. Maybe Brent's policy is the right one. Maybe Deehan (and he does have an impressive cv if you look closely) will be a great signing. I am certainly more pleased with him than a lot of others seem to be - he has been involved in winning things and promotions throughout the tiers of the league.

We have sent Sutherland back - I don't know what proportion of his wages we were paying. We have offloaded Whatsisname in Ireland - ditto his wages. Not sure what Hourihane's deal is? Maybe all that will release enough money to make at least another loan signing.

By all accounts Chadwick's contribution was a good one - when he comes back from injury that may make more of a difference. The young lads Nelson (who will soon be available after injury), Lecointe & Young look good prospects. Who's Lennox after just 5 minutes? But, after the impact he had in that short time, maybe he will be a secret weapon.

Our results are improving.

In the situation we have just emerged from, what more do you want? Rejoice.

We need another flag then we rejoice lol!
Back to top Go down

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:11 pm

Sod the flags, I want inflatables.

I want a blow up Crocodile LiLo and a big beach ball at least by Saaafend. Bucket collections will commence, we need more buckets!
Back to top Go down

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:22 pm

Sorry Gents I don't see any recognition of our form, less, but you don't have to, the 9 games that Fletcher and Brent were not involved with. We are currently on course to be clear of relegation.

However of course what is required on a thread about the transfer window are more quips about Chris Webb, flags and now buckets....... Sleep
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:30 pm

Enjoy Life wrote:
Sorry Gents I don't see any recognition of our form, less, but you don't have to, the 9 games that Fletcher and Brent were not involved with. We are currently on course to be clear of relegation.

However of course what is required on a thread about the transfer window are more quips about Chris Webb, flags and now buckets....... Sleep

So what is the latest transfer news?
Back to top Go down

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:34 pm

Is Nelson actually injured? I heard Sparksy say that if you asked Fletcher about Nelson you were met with a stare and stony silence. Not sure if anyone's heard any news or rumours?
Back to top Go down

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Rickler wrote:
Enjoy Life wrote:

So what is the latest transfer news?

Apparently the logo isn't sticking too well but they're hoping that a new screen-printer will do the job. Fingers crossed eh!
Back to top Go down

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:42 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Is Nelson actually injured? I heard Sparksy say that if you asked Fletcher about Nelson you were met with a stare and stony silence. Not sure if anyone's heard any news or rumours?

I think he has had a hamstring injury. Trawling twitter the other day ( Embarassed ) I saw him refer to treatment for an injury that would soon be better.
Back to top Go down

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Cerbera wrote:
If anyone from the FL is reading that Jock, that's you in the sin bin!!

Very Happy

If they can remember where they put it.........

They could really come down hard on the club and ban flags Shocked

Seriously though, if the atmosphere is so much better with the Ultras and the flag, and this is intimdating the opposition and has led to improved form, then how come we don't win away all the time, because our away support is fantastic? scratch
Back to top Go down

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:45 pm

knecht wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I think he has had a hamstring injury. Trawling twitter the other day ( Embarassed ) I saw him refer to treatment for an injury that would soon be better.

Ah good. I think he's one of the more promising youngsters in the squad. Just something I heard Sparksy say recently.
Back to top Go down

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:50 pm

A mate has just told me someone's on the way..
Back to top Go down

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:53 pm

[quote="Rickler"][quote="Enjoy Life"]Sorry Gents I don't see any recognition of our form, less, but you don't have to, the 9 games that Fletcher and Brent were not involved with. We are currently on course to be clear of relegation.

However of course what is required on a thread about the transfer window are more quips about Chris Webb, flags and now buckets....... Sleep [/quote]

So what is the latest transfer news?[/quote]

That's the thing Rickler, with current form like ours you don't need additions. cheers

We'll be fine, grab a class of claret and relax.

Back to top Go down

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:56 pm

monti czardas wrote:
A mate has just told me someone's on the way..

Good. Another striker is needed. I'm on my way too, off to bed. Night all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Transfer window Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window   Transfer window Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfer window
Page 1 of 1