Angry
Les Miserable
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

22/23 Predictions ... Empty
PostSubject: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 6:36 pm

At a guess I'd say we've got enough about us that relegation won't be an issue, I'm going for another season where we'll flirt with the playoffs at times but ultimately fall just short. 10th
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 7:02 pm

Im not convince we have the strength and depth in the squad to be serious about a promotion/play off push and be able maintain it in the latter parts of the season. But i feel all going well we should be in the fight for them at least. We still need to do the work against teams down in the bottom half of the table as this league will be tougher this time around its going to be a very close affair and if we arent careful we could get dragged into the bottom half of the table.

but im going for 4th-8th

Last edited by Angry on Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 8:22 pm

2nd t0 5th
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 10:19 pm

Lack of being able to use our possession may hurt us 5th-10th
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 10:20 pm

With a twenty goal striker we could have had a good shot at autos, having spunked that wage on telly, seats and car park I'm with Les, 10th about right as we will fall away in the latter stages.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 7:15 am

Wow, for all ATD’s pessimism nobody so far thinks we’ll finish outside the top 10!

Bookies have us as 11th favs. I’ll go with that. Interesting that we are way way up in the odds for promotion compared to this time last year.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 7:52 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Wow, for all ATD’s pessimism nobody so far thinks we’ll finish outside the top 10!

Give it time Czar, freathy hasn't seen it yet, he's still on his summer holidays somewhere along the russia/ukraine border.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 8:20 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Give it time Czar, freathy hasn't seen it yet, he's still on his summer holidays somewhere along the russia/ukraine border.

Just back!! sunny

While it's unlikely we'll be in a relegation scrap what is more certain is we won't be promoted. We may flirt with the play-off places early doors but will finish the season upper mid-table. 10th-12th place finish.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 8:25 am

Freathy wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Just back!! sunny

While it's unlikely we'll be in a relegation scrap what is more certain is we won't be promoted.  We may flirt with the play-off places early doors but will finish the season upper mid-table.  10th-12th place finish.

Shocked cheers
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 10:21 am

Freathers must have had a good holiday, he's not predicting relegation. cheers
I was certain of promotion last season but alas and yes I was one of the unfortunates at the MK final game. I think looking at everything considered and not just looking through green tinted specs, that Argo will not finish outside the playoffs, e.g in the playoffs or automatic.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 10:27 am

Czarcasm wrote:

Bookies have us as 11th favs. I’ll go with that. Interesting that we are way way up in the odds for promotion compared to this time last year.

You see there is a world of difference between what Graiser says that I say and what I actually say.
For all that I am predicting like Les that we will finish 3 places behind where we finished last season which imo will be a step backwards.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 11:01 am

Freathy wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Just back!! sunny

While it's unlikely we'll be in a relegation scrap what is more certain is we won't be promoted.  We may flirt with the play-off places early doors but will finish the season upper mid-table.  10th-12th place finish.

Right, who has been putting MDMA in Freathy’s coffee?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 12:59 pm

Added a couple of quick wingbacks and an alternative to Mayor in midfield. Also thinking trying a slightly different formation. I think a slow start then another long unbeaten run.

We will finish 4th or 5th.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 1:28 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Added a couple of quick wingbacks and an alternative to Mayor in midfield. Also thinking trying a slightly different formation. I think a slow start  then another long unbeaten run.

We will finish 4th or 5th.

This for me as well.  The players we've added are an upgrade on last season, we've actually got a bench now whereas there were tmes last season I couldn't pick out how we could change a game during it and I think the teams coming down aren't as useful as the ones that have gone up.

I reckon play off semis.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 5:19 pm

Doomed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 6:02 pm

Play off place for me as a minimum
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 6:24 pm

As OP says, 10th and the odd flirtation with POs.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 6:28 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Freathers must have had a good holiday, he's not predicting relegation. cheers
I was certain of promotion last season but alas and yes I was one of the unfortunates at the MK final game. I think looking at everything considered and not just looking through green tinted specs, that Argo will not finish outside the playoffs, e.g in the playoffs or automatic.

cheers  cheers  !!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 6:31 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Just back!! sunny

Right, who has been putting MDMA in Freathy’s coffee?

Seconded !!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 8:15 pm

Despite the complete bollox talked about wasting the budget on seats etc, we are stronger than last year, the signings made seem to be a step up in quality. Bit worried defensively, there's a lack of decent cover, but hopefully Galloway will get match fit

Can see us around the top 6.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 8:14 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Despite the complete bollox talked about wasting the budget on seats etc, we are stronger than last year, the signings made seem to be a step up in quality. Bit worried defensively, there's a lack of decent cover, but hopefully Galloway will get match fit

I can't see where the extra goals will come from to earn us a higher place, sure Miller may be better than Garrick by five or six goals but we will need more goals than that to reach the playoffs, the budget claims are not bollocks all there in quotes from Si.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 9:57 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

I can't see where the extra goals will come from to earn us a higher place, sure Miller may be better than Garrick by five or six goals but we will need more goals than that to reach the playoffs, the budget claims are not bollocks all there in quotes from Si.

Hallett has said some of the playing budget has been diverted to pay for screens seats etc? Really?

We had ten years (?) of the Brentmare ignoring maintenance and general upgrading of the ground. Shorely advocating Hallett to continue that policy is a bit crackers?
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 10:04 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

The two attackers we've signed on loan maybe.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 10:56 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Hallett has said some of the playing budget has been diverted to pay for screens seats etc? Really?

We had ten years (?) of the Brentmare ignoring maintenance and general upgrading of the ground. Shorely advocating Hallett to continue that policy is a bit crackers?

No Hallett hasn't said he is diverting money from the playing budget he has stated that the money for the ground improvements is "money that we already had" or along those lines, he also stated that we would be trying to sign a "marquee player" and a "player that can change games" there was also chatter about an "increased playing budget with the extra season ticket sales". In answer to your question no I don't want to go back to the shitty ground of the Brentmare days but let me phrase the question a little differently to you,
If we had a spare say £1.5m would you like it spent on new seats, a big telly and a revamp to a car park us punters never see or pump it into the squad so that we can have a real crack at the CCC this season?
I think SI has been a bit sly with the facts and personally I would rather he did those works over maybe three seasons, for me the priority should be competitive football and if he goes down the route he is going down he should STFU about five year plans and increased budgets because you can't do both.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 12:26 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

No Hallett hasn't said he is diverting money from the playing budget he has stated that the money for the ground improvements is "money that we already had" or along those lines, he also stated that we would be trying to sign a "marquee player" and a "player that can change games" there was also chatter about an "increased playing budget with the extra season ticket sales". In answer to your question no I don't want to go back to the shitty ground of the Brentmare days but let me phrase the question a little differently to you,
If we had a spare say £1.5m would you like it spent on new seats, a big telly and a revamp to a car park us punters never see or pump it into the squad so that we can have a real crack at the CCC this season?
I think SI has been a bit sly with the facts and personally I would rather he did those works over maybe three seasons, for me the priority should be competitive football and if he goes down the route he is going down he should STFU about five year plans and increased budgets because you can't do both.

As said already if we dont start strong or not in the playoff picture the fans will warmly remind Si and the board on their comments about raising the ticket prices to bump up the transfer budget and bigger squad which turned out to be bollocks. That tv better be amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 22/23 Predictions ...   22/23 Predictions ... Empty

Back to top Go down

22/23 Predictions ...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next