greensleeves
pepsipete
Greenskin
Freathy
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Predictions for the season. Empty
PostSubject: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 8:25 pm

Right then not long to go before the season kicks off proper, what do reckon we will do this season? I am saying 11th, I think we will be reasonably difficult to beat but I think there will be about a dozen teams with better firepower than us. If our kiddies do come good we may flirt with the playoffs for a week or two but no more than that and we don't have the strength in depth to mount a decent challenge. The depth of squad also means that if we have a mare with injuries we may struggle to keep mid table but I have enough faith in Sheridan to keep us out of the shit. I think that the 3 year contract he has signed reflects the fact that we are 3 years away from being able to climb out of this league, can't wait for it to start now. Basketball 
PASOTI has kindly sponsored a free day out at Woodlands for the most accurate prediction.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 8:27 pm

On pre-season showing we'll just about scrape 22nd place
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 8:31 pm

5th and promotion via play offs.

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 8:46 pm

15th comfortably staying up, but not going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 8:48 pm

taking into account the number of injured players,even before a ball has been kicked in anger, and the fact that goal scoring is still a problem even against the mighty elburton villa,then relegation looks possible once again.....23rd....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 8:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I see on Pasoti Sue the bucket rattler is looking forward to the Southend game like Christmas day jocolor ,you really have to admire the Aviva in some people.
11 hour round trip on the Nickkkk Nickkkk bus stuck with the likes of Nool and Ghoul, not my idea of a great Saturday out.
Back on topic i reckon we will finish somewhere between 17th and 22nd
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 8:56 pm

The incompetence of the Fletcher era is now behind us, and we haven't spent pre-season signing crocks and non-league no hopers. However the scoring problems clearly still remain al5ththough I'm hopeful that Sheridan can pull off a Banton-style loan to ameliorate that problem somewhat. Nevertheless I think talk of play off places is fanciful.

15th (Exeter 18th, Torquay 21st)
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:00 pm

A disgraceful eighteenth spot awaits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:04 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:

Shaddap and be grateful cyclops jocolor geek 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:11 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

Shaddap and be grateful cyclops jocolor geek 
:joker:Sue said you can sit next to her on the six day journey to sarfend:cheers:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:18 pm

Happy to be proven wrong but I think 14th is the highest we'll finish this season.

An improvement on last season by far but we're still lacking that player who can put the chances away the same as last season.

Goals win matches and if we're as poor goal scoring as we were last season we have no chance of making it into the top 10.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:26 pm

16th.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:02 pm

14th. Reid top scorer. Purrington, Young and Harvey to have good seasons but lack of depth to be our undoing.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:18 pm

Top 6
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:21 pm

1st until we go into admin due to Newell's expense account - £2.5m on service station scotch egg paninis.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:26 pm

13th. 'Cos I can see this season being similar to the ones when we had a similarly underwhelming squad and finished midtable under Hodges.

P.S. This is a typically Pyongyang-style thread Iggy, you screaming Aviva...jocolor Razz
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:47 pm

12th with a brief flirtation with the play off places over Xmas and New Year
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 11:00 pm

What..  No poll?

I find it amazing that at the  time I am writing this, that 43% of the votes on the farm believe we will make the playoffs or better!

I think a lot depends how our season starts...  If we falter, it's going to be another tough season.
A bright one, and who knows what can happen?

I think we'll finish 17th.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 11:16 pm

Finish 16th and I might be moist.

Top ten and god knows what fluids my body will produce.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 12:01 am

My Palace-supporting friend told me that on his Palace fan site they discussed who would go up from this league & the overwhelming majority said we were in with a shout for automatic promotion.

I don't believe them. I'd go for mid-table. But the turnover of players for us - and for all I know - for other clubs as well is such that it's impossible to tell. I'm bothered that our squad is low on experience.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 2:49 am

I predict we'll finish wherever Brent wants us to finish with much depending on whether his plans get approved or not (either comfortable lower mid-table (15th) or another relegation battle as the 'financial problems' begin).  The only certainty (IMO) is a legit promotion/play-off challenge is out of the question for at least another couple of years.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 5:20 am

punchdrunk wrote:

I see on Pasoti Sue the bucket rattler is looking forward to the Southend game like Christmas day jocolor ,you really have to admire the Aviva in some people.
11 hour round trip on the Nickkkk Nickkkk bus stuck with the likes of Nool and Ghoul, not my idea of a great Saturday out.
Back on topic i reckon we will finish somewhere between 17th and 22nd

I reckon it's more of a deemed celebrity status thing for most of the Superavivas.

12th.

I see that the 'Who's Who' of Argyle celebrity fans, is coming along nicely................ as predicted. Won't be long before photo shoots with the Windsor Boys appear.

Last edited by Tringreen on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 9:18 am

no goals and a compliant 20th barnet turks pompey and wimbledon below us, flumenese/exeter 17th
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 9:28 am

Czarcasm wrote:
13th. 'Cos I can see this season being similar to the ones when we had a similarly underwhelming squad and finished midtable under Hodges.

P.S. This is a typically Pyongyang-style thread Iggy, you screaming Aviva...jocolor Razz

It was meant to be Czarks, although I have actually placed us where I think we will finish, what is worrying is that I am more of an Aviva than Sam this year. I think that my more than ebullient nature at the mo. stems from the fact that I am off to Portugal next week and not Sarfend!lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 10:07 am

Unlucky for some 13th. Good enough for a FES/FIL sponsored open top bus parade and finger buffet, strictly invitation only with guest speaker Lee Jameson regaling all with his tales of how he's almost a politician you know!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

James Brent will make a speech outling the progress made in real terms since he bought the club, no mention of the ever growing debt though, these things change daily so it would be unfair to expect him to be up to the minute with these figures. A little dickie bird has told me that James has forked out on some rather special gifts for all of his special friends who have made his time as owner so special. These collection boxes are a symbol of my true affection for the club and it's fans and I hope that you can all continue using these for many years to come.

The compere will be none other than the Claypole, the jester from Rentaghost!!!!

Well actually it will be the club president Chris Webb pretending to be world famous Claypole, he does love pretending to be someone else our Webby, such a sense of humour Razz  Ah he makes those long non-alcoholic coach trips to Accrington almost unbearable with his tales of David Connolly about to sign and little snippets of life in the Directors Box like the time at Dorchester when the bleddy awful home club only did cheese and pickle sandwiches, not a prawn or even a tin of tuna in sight! "Small town in Dorset, you're just a small town in Dorset lol, I've got loads more like that for the Forza Verde boys n gals"

Porky will be running the FES/FIL raffle,

You're never alone with a FES loan! Thanks to Nikkkkk and FES/FIL for generously donating the prizes, the tickets, the FES/FIL box to draw the tickets out of, and of course for buying all the FES/FIL raffle tickets before anyone else had even known about the FES/FIL raffle cheers cheers cheers 

Being the genorous soul he is though, Nikkkkkkkkkkkkk has already decided to give back all the prizes he donated, so there can be another FES/FIL raffle with all proceeds going to Akkeron ltd. cheers cheers cheers  This is by way of a thank you for letting us use the Tribute Lounge with a 10% discount for this great celebration.

Just when you thought that Nikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk and FES/FIL could not do any more for this great club, I am delighted to announce that FES/FIL will be sponsoring the players jock-straps for the coming season.

"Ooh er the coming season lol"

Pipe down Lee there's no time or place for that kind of talk or Dogbreath Hooper will be writing to Jim'll Fixit, sponsored by FES/FIL, complaining about it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for the season.   Predictions for the season. Empty

Back to top Go down

Predictions for the season.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next