Cricket

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Cricket Empty
PostSubject: Cricket   Cricket EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 10:45 am

Anyone watch that blitz yesterday afternoon? Far more entertaining than watching the pedestrian football team-McCullum seems to have had an immediate effect on the mentality of the team and win or lose, the next few years could be very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Cricket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket   Cricket EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 3:55 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Anyone watch that blitz yesterday afternoon? Far more entertaining than watching the pedestrian football team-McCullum seems to have had an immediate effect on the mentality of the team and win or lose, the next few years could be very interesting.

I did truly fantastic test cricket from England the new era is off to a positive start and Root is back to his best now the captaincy has been removed from him
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Cricket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket   Cricket EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 6:22 pm

It was a superb watch, sublime hitting from Bairstow. But I can’t help thinking the reason it was so entertaining was because it was very ‘un-test-cricket-like’.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Cricket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket   Cricket EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 6:30 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
It was a superb watch, sublime hitting from Bairstow. But I can’t help thinking the reason it was so entertaining was because it was very ‘un-test-cricket-like’.

if it works it works and atm with test cricket being so low down the pecking order for the ECB it will be a short while till the test side starts playing more orthodox. The new guy has them enjoying their cricket again it was clear to see.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Cricket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket   Cricket EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 7:11 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

The appeal of test cricket for me is that it can offer so many different scenarios. Thinking back to some of the Ashes tests in the 00's,it was equally entertaining in a very different sort of way, to watch Panesar and Anderson battle for 45 minutes to get a draw which in the overall scheme of things was crucial to England regaining the Ashes or Broad running through the batting line up in a sustained spell. Root's innings in this match was just a pleasure to watch for the virtual perfection of his technique and placement but only one among many gems that the guy has produced in tests over the last 10 years or so. Lots of variations on a theme really which i don't think any form of one day cricket can match-for sure it can be innovative and exciting [seriously doubt if England would have attempted to go for those runs without the advent of 20/20] but tests will always be the pinnacle for me and indeed for the majority of pro players.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Cricket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket   Cricket EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:19 pm

England's last four second innings winning scores;

279-5
299-5
296-3
378-3

Utterly staggering, can't remember anything like it in the 50 odd years i've been watching cricket. Must admit that, even i don't like the format,20/20 has undoubtedly been a factor in showing the possibilities when chasing a score but England have certainly also added a new dimension since McCullum, Stokes and Key took over the management. Wonder if this could apply to other areas where less than positive management is holding talent back, not just in sport but other walks of life as well?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Cricket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket   Cricket EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 5:47 pm

The new era is certainly entertaining and the players are playing with some pride now which is great to see.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Cricket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket   Cricket EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 5:49 pm

Incredible performance today, chasing a total of 370 odd never looked in doubt. Such a change in mindset.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cricket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket   Cricket Empty

Back to top Go down

Cricket
Page 1 of 1