Les Miserable
Tgwu
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Ryan Broom  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Broom    Ryan Broom  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2022 10:33 am

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Its not happening because Schuey isn't massively keen. Once Mayor returned to the side he mainly started on the bench, which is a shame as I personally like the player. Full of running, good at retaining the ball and works hard tracking back, furthermore he's never enjoyed his football more w=than being here, turning down a January move to Aberdeen

And there is the problem right there, we have a team and not a squad which is needed as shown in the closing stages of last season. Broom gives options when Hardie or Mayor are not available and is a great impact sub. Anyway Si has made it abundantly clear with his shopping list that promotion is way down the list of priorities this season.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Broom    Ryan Broom  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2022 11:27 am

You don't really want to be spending a couple of hundred thou for someone to sit on the bench

Generally not much gets done in June as contracts are yet to expire and the football world goes on holiday until the 4th July. I will wait and see what sort of squad starts the season.

However I do agree that for the 7th best supported club in the league, we have a wage bill that comes in lower than giants such as Shrewsbury, Lincoln and Oxford.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Broom    Ryan Broom  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2022 10:24 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
You don't really want to be spending a couple of hundred thou for someone to sit on the bench

Generally not much gets done in June as contracts are yet to expire and the football world goes on holiday until the 4th July. I will wait and see what sort of squad starts the season.

However I do agree that for the 7th best supported club in the league, we have a wage bill that comes in lower than giants such as Shrewsbury, Lincoln and Oxford.

Lots of supposition on the clubs wage bill, how do we know anything at all on what the clubs player’s wage bill is. ?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Broom    Ryan Broom  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 7:40 am

Graiser wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:

Lots of supposition on the clubs wage bill, how do we know anything at all on what the clubs player’s wage bill is. ?

You sort of read between the lines, process the information on spending that the club supplies us with, watch other clubs spend money on players whilst we spend money on tellies, car parks and new plastic seats and draw your own conclusions. We usually have a statement from our own manager once or twice a year saying how we are overachieving against our rivals who have bigger budgets, it's really not a myth like your own agendas are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Broom    Ryan Broom  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 8:21 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:

You sort of read between the lines, process the information on spending that the club supplies us with, watch other clubs spend money on players whilst we spend money on tellies, car parks and new plastic seats and draw your own conclusions. We usually have a statement from our own manager once or twice a year saying how we are overachieving  against our rivals who have bigger budgets, it's really not a myth like your own agendas are.

What a load of crap, so what do you “read between the lines” in regard to Argyle’s salary levels then ? you have an opinion on most things so what’s your idea on Argyle’s player salary structure?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Broom    Ryan Broom  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 9:34 am

Graiser wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:

Because people speak to other people. Some of those that speak, work at the club.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Broom    Ryan Broom  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 10:37 am

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:

You sort of read between the lines, process the information on spending that the club supplies us with, watch other clubs spend money on players whilst we spend money on tellies, car parks and new plastic seats and draw your own conclusions. We usually have a statement from our own manager once or twice a year saying how we are overachieving  against our rivals who have bigger budgets, it's really not a myth like your own agendas are.

What a load of crap, so what do you “read between the lines” in regard to Argyle’s salary levels then ? you have an opinion on most things so what’s your idea on Argyle’s player salary structure?

There was a thread on Pasoti a while back which used a table published on a Sheffield Wednesday website showing that Argyle were indeed behind Shrewsbury in the budgetary stakes. How authentic that information was may be open to question but Schumacher has definitely made reference in public to Argyle being in the lower echelons of the league as far as finance was concerned-vaguely seem to remember 16th being mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Broom    Ryan Broom  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 10:44 am

Graiser wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:

The information is out there as it needs to be submitted to the EFL. Our squad wage bill is around £2.5 million which puts us 17th highest in the league. Sheff Wednesdays is £10 million as comparison
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Broom    Ryan Broom  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 11:25 am

Lol so it's not just that mentalist Ears that actually listens too what is said before opening his gob? Shuemaker has said we have a low budget vs our rivals, Lowe has said it, Adams, Sheridan, Ollie and Luggy, in some cases it's obvious why as in minted owners and better supported clubs but nowadays we have just had a really lucrative cup run, very well attended season with loads of sellouts yet the chairman would rather spend the revenue on ground improvements than the squad.
Graiser will believe what he wants to believe despite the evidence presented to him.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Broom    Ryan Broom  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 1:58 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:

The information is out there as it needs to be submitted to the EFL. Our squad wage bill is around £2.5 million which puts us 17th highest in the league. Sheff Wednesdays is £10 million as comparison

Does that include signing on fees, loyalty bonuses etc or is it just the annual salaries?
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Broom    Ryan Broom  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 2:40 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:

Does that include signing on fees, loyalty bonuses etc or is it just the annual salaries?

Probably basic as it gets submitted at the start of the season before bonuses are earnt
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Broom    Ryan Broom  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 5:30 pm

Seventeenth best budget last season on thirteen thousand gates, hmm i wonder why Ryan Lowe left ?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Broom    Ryan Broom  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 2:45 pm

All the money we earnt last season ..plus lowes compo people seem to forget that chunk as well if it ain’t a decent budget for next season something ain’t right
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Broom    Ryan Broom  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 2:50 pm

hypothetical but if its a choice between coming back here or going to the SPL with Aberdeen and playing Europe you cant really blame ryan for preferring to go there over us can you
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Broom    Ryan Broom  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 3:31 pm

Angry wrote:
hypothetical but if its a choice between coming back here or going to the SPL with Aberdeen and playing Europe you cant really blame ryan for preferring to go there over us can you
playing in Europe can be a bit of a pull ..but for the rest of the season your playing in empty ground bar twice a year (rangers or Celtic) L1 is more competitive football wise
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Broom    Ryan Broom  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 5:02 pm

Angry wrote:

Who's blaming Ryan? Certainly not me I'm blaming SI for spunking all our cash on managers, big tellies, car parks and new seats.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Broom    Ryan Broom  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 9:30 am

He had that choice in January and chose to remain here, despite the obvious limitations it is a relatively happy place and I doubt Aberdeen would'have been offering an awful lot more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Broom    Ryan Broom  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ryan Broom
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2