Jethro
Earwegoagain
Tgwu
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again Empty
PostSubject: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyTue Apr 26, 2022 2:09 pm

Football fans could be allowed to drink alcohol in the stands during matches for the first time in almost 40 years after the Government agreed to review the ban on them doing so.

Ministers’ response to the Fan-Led Review of Football Governance also included a pledge to consider the case for piloting the sale and consumption of alcohol in sight of the pitch at games, something that has been illegal in the top five tiers of English football since 1985.

Staging such a pilot at League Two or National League level was among the recommendations of that review, which was published in November.

That recommendation was endorsed by the English Football League and supporter groups but met with fierce resistance from the UK’s top football police officer, Chief Constable Mark Roberts.

The alcohol ban was brought in while hooliganism was rife at matches in England and opponents of it argue it is no longer necessary, discriminates against football versus other sports, and can be counterproductive.

The Government acknowledged in its response to the fan-led review that football had “modernised” since the 1980s and that the “the culture had changed”.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyTue Apr 26, 2022 2:17 pm

It is blatant discrimination to not allow it and due to the massive fallout after the Hillsborough cover up perpetrated by the FA, the police and the press. It would go some way to stop the binge drinking we now get before matches although that has now become the norm for fans having grown up with the draconian treatment football fans have been conditioned to expect. It won't stop bad behaviour but it won't make it worse and anyway police and stewards would be able to make an example of anyone being a twat. I hate these rules that treat us all like fooking primary school kids.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyTue Apr 26, 2022 2:18 pm

It should be, would save a lot of hassle queuing down stairs people missing parts of the game to do orders.

Get some Burt with a tank of alcohol on his back.
Proper job
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyTue Apr 26, 2022 5:28 pm

Its a shame that the fans who can handle their drink cant enjoy it in their seats like most pro sports do due to the actions of some who clearly cant but at the end of the day if the club allowed it to happen its going to be mayhem if the club dont keep a firm grip on it as it wont take long for one or two tossers to get tanked and start acting out and i dont trust the stewards to keep order if that happens not one bit.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyTue Apr 26, 2022 5:45 pm

It the same with everything the minority ruin it for the majority,

But if I could have a thatchers without leaving my seat or being able to take it back without missing the game they would get a sell from me.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyTue Apr 26, 2022 5:54 pm

Angry wrote:
Its a shame that the fans who can handle their drink cant enjoy it in their seats like most pro sports do due to the actions of some who clearly cant but at the end of the day if the club allowed it to happen its going to be mayhem if the club dont keep a firm grip on it as it wont take long for one or two tossers to get tanked and start acting out and i dont trust the stewards to keep order if that happens not one bit.

Not an argument at all. How many assaults happen in nightclubs vs football matches? They don't ban drinking there do they? They don't take all our cars off us because some football fans drive pissed, what about stabbings? Should we all have to hand in our kitchen knives? It would help if we all stopped buying their bullshit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyTue Apr 26, 2022 6:15 pm

I’m with Angry on this, those that want it can get it half time as now, there’ll always be the knob heads who would spoil it for all, I don’t think I’d like my grandchildren who are the future supporters sat next to a group of pissed up air heads.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyTue Apr 26, 2022 6:39 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:

Not an argument at all. How many assaults happen in nightclubs vs football matches? They don't ban drinking there do they? They don't take all our cars off us because some football fans drive pissed, what about stabbings? Should we all have to hand in our kitchen knives? It would help if we all stopped buying their bullshit.

what?

Graiser wrote:
I’m with Angry on this, those that want it can get it half time as now, there’ll always be the knob heads who would spoil it for all, I don’t think I’d like my grandchildren who are the future supporters sat next to a group of pissed up air heads.

i would say it would put a few off going to be fair and tbh i dont think i would stay sat where i do if it became another block 17 due to booze and those who arent interested in the game and just there to get away with acting a prat. But again if the club/fa allowed it to become a thing next season wouldn't be against it i would be cautious of allowing the stands to become a beer garden however as it wont take long for a knobhead or two to repeatedly ruin it for all and the perk of drinking an overpriced Thatchers in your seat gets removed.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyTue Apr 26, 2022 8:10 pm

I'm sure those fair few could just move to another part of the ground, or we could have drinking blocks.

Think its a good idea, would bring more money into the club.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyTue Apr 26, 2022 9:23 pm

Jethro wrote:
I'm sure those fair few could just move to another part of the ground, or we could have drinking blocks.

how would it bring more money into the club? the fans who need too drink are already there and those who are only going to go for the booze will soon stop once they realise £24 for £5 ish pint a punt is an expensive 2 hour venture hence why many pre drink now.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 6:07 am

Graiser wrote:

They could still be pissed up air-heads sat next to you whether they're drinking in their seat or got razzed up pre-match and half time. What's the difference?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 10:44 am

POI wrote:
Graiser wrote:

They could still be pissed up air-heads sat next to you whether they're drinking in their seat or got razzed up pre-match and half time. What's the difference?

The difference is that Angry and Graiser still buy into the primary school mentality that if I play up then we all stay in after school, its childish bollox. If you and me go to a chiefs game we can drink in the stands yet next week we go to Argyle and can't, why is this? They do not apply the law in this manner to anybody apart from football fans because of Hillsborough, in a football stadia we are in the most heavily policed area we are likely to be in ever with many, many stewards to boot yet we can't drink because some knobhead may have one too many?
I hardly drink at all now because of the meds that I'm on but I am willing to fight for the rights of those that do. The only downside I can see is loads of people linging their drinks in the air if we scored and that would piss me off as much as it does in a bar watching an England game but with CCTV they could easily sort them out as well with bans through the post.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 11:38 am

Your genuinely peaceful, beer drinking, football loving fan certainly seems discriminated against whilst other sports seem to be years ahead.

Personally, I'd love to be drinking a cold one in my seat whilst watch Argo, and of course with a massive Cuban stogie. I'd be chilled as feck. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 12:19 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
POI wrote:
Graiser wrote:

The difference is that Angry and Graiser still buy into the primary school mentality that if I play up then we all stay in after school, its childish bollox. If you and me go to a chiefs game we can drink in the stands yet next week we go to Argyle and can't, why is this? They do not apply the law in this manner to anybody apart from football fans because of Hillsborough, in a football stadia we are in the most heavily policed area we are likely to be in ever with many, many stewards to boot yet we can't drink because some knobhead may have one too many?
I hardly drink at all now because of the meds that I'm on but I am willing to fight for the rights of those that do. The only downside I can see is loads of people linging their drinks in the air if we scored and that would piss me off as much as it does in a bar watching an England game but with CCTV they could easily sort them out as well with bans through the post.

you did read the bit where i said i wasnt against it didnt you?

Personally if some want to waste money on the over priced drinks each time downstairs and pay £26 to watch the game on top of that without spilling it everywhere if something happens in their seat then its an expensive 2hour trip and they can go nuts all they like imo it wont affect me as i can go 2hours without alcohol in fact ive gone 20 years fwiw. I'm more concerned on how shit the stewards are going to be if someone(s) who clearly had too many and is starting to be a distraction to the game for fans who want to watch the game. I don't trust them to keep the peace and order and its only going to take someone spilling their pint over someone for their to be a punch up.

also there is no point comparing other sports to football for allowing alcohol to be consumed in the stands they don't attract the ones who cause the trouble like football does unfortunately. when was the last time you heard of any flare ups outside ground or inside during a rugby match or cricket or even tennis? Wasnt hillsborough a result of too many liverpool fans getting into the stadium without tickets and the police not keeping control?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 1:39 pm

Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:

how would it bring more money into the club? the fans who need too drink are already there and those who are only going to go for the booze will soon stop once they realise £24 for £5 ish pint a punt is an expensive 2 hour venture hence why many pre drink now.

To some its not about the price its about the social experience.

Why would £24 for a £5 pint come in to it.

They are coming to the match, they would like a drink inside the ground,

As said what's the difference between pre drinking and drinking in the stands?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 2:21 pm

Someone made the very good point that being allowed to drink in your seat instantly dispenses with the melee in the concourse that starts at about 3.35, with people trying to get a beer and actually finish it in time to not miss the start of the 2nd half. People can pop down, get one, and be back in their seat in 2-3 mins at any point during the game. Winner.

Also a wanker who always acts a wanker when he’s had too many, will, before long, show his true self and he can then be dealt with and banned for three years. Win win.

There’ll obvs be a big knock on benefit for corporate sales aswell.

The downsides pale in insignificance compared to the ups.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 2:59 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
POI wrote:
Graiser wrote:

you did read the bit where i said i wasnt against it didnt you?

Personally if some want to waste money on the over priced drinks each time downstairs and pay £26 to watch the game on top of that without spilling it everywhere if something happens in their seat then its an expensive 2hour trip and they can go nuts all they like imo it wont affect me as i can go 2hours without alcohol in fact ive gone 20 years fwiw. I'm more concerned on how shit the stewards are going to be if someone(s) who clearly had too many and is starting to be a distraction to the game for fans who want to watch the game. I don't trust them to keep the peace and order and its only going to take someone spilling their pint over someone for their to be a punch up.

also there is no point comparing other sports to football for allowing alcohol to be consumed in the stands  they don't attract the ones who cause the trouble like football does unfortunately. when was the last time you heard of any flare ups outside ground or inside during a rugby match or cricket or even tennis? Wasnt hillsborough a result of too many liverpool fans getting into the stadium without tickets and the police not keeping control?

Yes I did then all the other paragraphs where you are saying it's such a bad idea. Hillsborough was about way too many fans being allowed into a game than was safe, the clubs and the police involved fecked up. Football at the time was an accident waiting to happen and more than once as a kid I was in the middle of terrifying violence and crushes to get into or out of grounds and away from trouble. The clubs and the Police aided and abetted by the media decided to close ranks and blame it on the fans. Let's not forget not all football fans were moronic pissed up boneheds it was only about ten percent yet we have all been treated like scum ever since.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 4:10 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Someone made the very good point that being allowed to drink in your seat instantly dispenses with the melee in the concourse that starts at about 3.35, with people trying to get a beer and actually finish it in time to not miss the start of the 2nd half. People can pop down, get one, and be back in their seat in 2-3 mins at any point during the game. Winner.

Also a wanker who always acts a wanker when he’s had too many, will, before long, show his true self and he can then be dealt with and banned for three years. Win win.

Exactly,

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 5:39 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

if hes had too many then the club under the licensing act shouldn't be allowing him on the premises or indeed the kisok staff should not be allowing him to get into that state on their premises in the first place. This is why I'm cautious when stewards are involved cause they usually the ones that allow the wankers to play up and not do anything till the damage has been done ruining it for everyone else so its far from a win win.

No one has has come up with a solution to how to avoid spilling drinks over people yet Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 6:38 pm

better ban all drinking in the stand then in case someone gets a thatchers or a tepid Bovril down the back,
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 7:18 pm

Jethro wrote:
better ban all drinking in the stand then in case someone gets a thatchers or a tepid Bovril down the back,

bovril comes with a lid as do the other drinks Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 7:32 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
POI wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Your interpretation of what I’m posting is wrong as usual.
Your earlier post mentioning that cars or knives aren’t taken away if caught drink driving is a real crap comment, in a lot of cases your banned from driving or jailed, your cars not a lot of use then or stab some poor bugger and your jailed, so total bollox.
However I occasionally take my grandchildren to the game but I wouldn’t take them to a pub on the Barbican on a Saturday night, it’s a football match not a pub outing, those that want it can get it at half time
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 8:36 pm

Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Can still get one of them spilt down you.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 8:41 pm

Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Can still get one of them spilt down you.

its more difficult to do than with a open beverage with no lid on though isnt it. The lid is there for that very reason which is why you wont ever get a hot drink from argyle or indeed a starbucks, costa etc with the lid off
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 8:54 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
POI wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Your interpretation of what I’m posting is wrong as usual.
Your earlier post mentioning that cars or knives aren’t taken away if caught drink driving is a real crap comment, in a lot of cases your banned from driving or jailed, your cars not a lot of use then or stab some poor bugger and your jailed, so total bollox.
However I occasionally take my grandchildren to the game but I wouldn’t take them to a pub on the Barbican on a Saturday night, it’s a football match not a pub outing, those that want it can get it at half time

No you've got it wrong again, my point was that if say I get caught drink driving they wouldn't take YOUR car away from you. Why should I not drink because another fan is a twT when drunk? As for your grandchildren
If you are in block fifteen where I sit you are literally surrounded by pissed people, if it offends you for god's sake don't go over to the grandstand it's literally awash with piss heads. Anyway the club cater for people like you in the family section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again    Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again Empty

Back to top Go down

Will drinking alcohol in the stands during matches be allowed again
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next