Earwegoagain
Angry
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 6:37 pm

cant say ive caught much of the wales/england game due to being at home park but it appears Marcus Smith has been our key player tonight.

This year the trophy via a Grand Slam is France's for the taking unless they fall spectacularly against us or Wales
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 8:00 pm

France look like world champions in waiting. Whatever the pundits say I thought we were very poor in patches we should have been out of sight in the first half we allowed the Welsh to get out of jail 3 times in the first half when we were on their five metre line. Allowed them to win a losing BP which we shouldn't have done. We need to massively improve for Ireland and even more so for France.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 3:05 pm

Ireland v Italy very close match Ireland to win by 30 points.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 3:37 pm

Whatever happens the Welsh season is officially ruined by losing to England. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 1:02 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
France look like world champions in waiting. Whatever the pundits say I thought we were very poor in patches we should have been out of sight in the first half we allowed the Welsh to get out of jail 3 times in the first half when we were on their five metre line. Allowed them to win a losing BP which we shouldn't have done. We need to massively improve for Ireland and even more so for France.

France do indeed look like world champions in the making, Mr E. However, returning once more to Agustin Pichot the former Argentine No 9 who challenged but failed to unseat Sir Bill Beaumont for the position of World Rugby Chairman. I pointed out in a previous post that Pichot wanted to extend residency from 3 to 5 years which was probably the cause his failure. Meanwhile, some of the players that represented France vs Scotland...

Uini Atoni - Born New Zealand of Samoan heritage.

Paul Willemse - Born South Africa.

Gregory Alldritt - Born kenya to Irish parents.

Yoram Moefana - Born Horne Islands, Wallis and Futuna.

Peato Mauvaka - Born New Caledonia.

France and New Zealand are by no means the only nations plundering Pacific Island talent but they do seem to have got it down to a fine art...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 1:17 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

France do indeed look like world champions in the making, Mr E. However, returning once more to Agustin Pichot the former Argentine No 9 who challenged but failed to unseat Sir Bill Beaumont for the position of World Rugby Chairman. I pointed out in a previous post that Pichot wanted to extend residency from 3 to 5 years which was probably the cause his failure. Meanwhile, some of the players that represented France vs Scotland...

Uini Atoni -  Born New Zealand of Samoan heritage.

Yoram Moefana - Born  Horne Islands, Wallis and Futuna.

France and New Zealand are by no means the only nations plundering Pacific Island talent but they do seem to have got it down to a fine art...

it needs addressing before it becomes the norm for the big sides to raid those countries for their young talent other producing their own more so than it is already. I am off the belief unless you were born in that country or one or both your parents were and one of or more grandparent was or failing that you have lived in that country yourself for a prolonged period of time certainly longer than 3-5 years at least till a passport is earned then you shouldn't be able to represent a country you have no ties too.

Last edited by Angry on Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 1:26 pm

Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

it needs addressing before it becomes the norm for the big sides to raid those countries for their young talent other producing their own. I am off the belief unless you were born there or one or both your parents were and one of or more grandparent was and you have lived in that country yourself for a prolonged period of time then you shouldnt be able to represent a country you have only lived in for 3 years.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 1:28 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

it needs addressing before it becomes the norm for the big sides to raid those countries for their young talent other producing their own. I am off the belief unless you were born there or one or both your parents were and one of or more grandparent was and you have lived in that country yourself for a prolonged period of time then you shouldnt be able to represent a country you have only lived in for 3 years.

Agreed it's one thing for NZ who are actually a Pacific state but France has very tenuous links to some of those players, mind you I guess they would point to all the international footy players and say " you started it".
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 1:40 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Agreed it's one thing for NZ who are actually a Pacific state but France has very tenuous links to some of those players, mind you I guess they would point to all the international footy players and say " you started it".

thats become even more of a joke now thanks to fifa just look at the Jack Grealish and Declan Rice situations. They both declared for and represented Rep of Ireland several times but where allowed to switch to England because they didnt play in competitive games.

Without sounding bias as obviously thats benefitted England greatly as they are both good players but that aside they shouldnt have been able to do that once they declared for Ireland and played for them regardless of the status of the game.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 4:52 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

thats become even more of a joke now thanks to fifa just look at the Jack Grealish and Declan Rice situations. They both declared for and represented Rep of Ireland several times but where allowed to switch to England because they didnt play in competitive games.

Without sounding bias as obviously thats benefitted England greatly as they are both good players but that aside they shouldnt have been able to do that once they declared for Ireland and played for them regardless of the status of the game.

Then there is Ferenc Puskas the famous Hungarian who was in the side that beat England 6-3 at Wembley and 7-1 in the return match in Budapest. Later, Puskas was exiled to Spain where he was allowed to play for the Spanish national team. However, he remained sufficiently Hungarian to be able to return and die in Budapest in 2006.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 8:13 pm

Luke Cowan-Dickie's season could well be over after his early injury in the game against Wales

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 12, 2022 4:51 pm

82 seconds into the game between England and Ireland and already England have a red card. That must be a record.

Going to be a very tough ask for England to win this being a man down.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 12, 2022 5:44 pm

9-15 at halftime England are doing well to stay in the match and keeping a fast ireland team at bay. Cant see them pulling off a sock and winning this but they are going to make Ireland work in the second half.

Still want Eddie Jones gone though regardless. Ewels stupidity has really hampered england.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 12, 2022 6:35 pm

Cant fault England for the fight and effort especially the front line that they put in after being down a man they played well to be in the game but ultimately its a big ask to win this against a good side in Ireland as we have seen in the final 10 minutes.. No 6 nations trophy this year i fully expect France to be grand slam champs next week as hey are too good and England i feel wont be able to pull it off.

It saddens me Eddie Jones will remain Head Coach
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 12, 2022 6:43 pm

What a wanker Ewels is. Only thing id say is the game isn't played in slow motion but terrible technique and shorely you have to drop that shoulder. Pundits gave far too much credit to Ireland we would have beaten them with fifteen imo. Magnificent display by our pack in fact the whole team what a fooking gutter.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 12, 2022 7:52 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
What a wanker Ewels is. Only thing id say is the game isn't played in slow motion but terrible technique and shorely you have to drop that shoulder. Pundits gave far too much credit to Ireland we would have beaten them with fifteen imo. Magnificent display by our pack in fact the whole team what a fooking gutter.

i was surprised he was picked in the first place and that desicion by eddie backfired in the worst way. He's been a pro for a while he should have know he cant do that.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 12, 2022 10:13 pm

The other big turning point was Itoje lifting hat hand without that we would have scored and made it 22 15. Fine margins or what?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 11:03 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

The Barf forum claim he isn't even their best lock and yet Eddie hands him the England shirt - adding to that he's already had 2 previous red cards for the same offence. Mind boggling.

Jack Nowell packing down on the blindside and helping rout the Irish pack. That at least brought a smile to my face. cheers
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 12:23 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

The Barf forum claim he isn't even their best lock and yet Eddie hands him the England shirt - adding to that he's already had 2 previous red cards for the same offence. Mind boggling.

Jack Nowell packing down on the blindside and helping rout the Irish pack. That at least brought a smile to my face. cheers

That was class as well as hearing from Paddy Rory that all the errors we were forcing from them were a result of how the Irish play, yeh desperately.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 2:51 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Eddie has his favourites and he wont change sadly Ewels wasnt worthy of starting yesterday and he didnt shine and probably cost us the W.

I often thought Ollie Woodburn was worthy of a call up certainly a few seasons ago due to his form for Chiefs in the prem and europe to name one of a few players who where worthy of a call up but where continually overlooked and snubbed due to Eddie favoring out of form or injuried players and if they played for Saracens guranteed starters.

Cant wait for his reign to end which wont be till after the world cup sadly. Theres alot of good young talent coming up and i dont want him ruining that where someone new can embrace a new era with the likes of Smith, Dombrandt Hodge and Ojomoh to name a few to lead the way and not have to play second fiddle to Farrell, vunipola's and tualagi.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 12:17 pm

Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I often thought Ollie Woodburn was worthy of a call up certainly a few seasons ago due to his form for Chiefs.......

He's just come back after a long injury so Eddie has no current form he can check out. Some have mentioned Chief's Tom O'Flaherty in a England shirt and his form is certainly worth perusing. If Tom has a fault, I sometimes feel he could learn to pass the ball more often.

I see Jones has dropped Max Malins and brought in Elliot Daly in his stead. I feel this is a wrong move as Malins is an equally competent winger if maybe slightly slower, however, should either be asked to drop back to fullback then Max is far better of the two in that position.

Many see England getting a right tonking at the hands of the French whereas I think it will be much closer - we might even steal a win cheers
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 3:56 pm

Italy actually turning up to games now, giving Wales a torrid time of today although Wales pulling away now.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:13 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers lol don,t mind admitting when I'm wrong and I was about this Italy squad what a match .
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 6:58 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers lol don,t mind admitting when I'm wrong and I was about this Italy squad what a match .

i didnt see the game as i was at the ground but when i saw result on my phone i honestly thought it was a hoax!! im pleased for Italy for all their efforts to come up sort so often in the past to finally get a win against a proud rugby nation like wales is as good as winning the competition for them. Hope they build on this going into next years 6 nations and be ready to shock a team or two again.

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I often thought Ollie Woodburn was worthy of a call up certainly a few seasons ago due to his form for Chiefs.......

He's just come back after a long injury so Eddie has no current form he can check out. Some have mentioned Chief's Tom O'Flaherty in a England shirt and his form is certainly worth perusing. If Tom has a fault, I sometimes feel he could learn to pass the ball more often.

I see Jones has dropped Max Malins and brought in Elliot Daly in his stead. I feel this is a wrong move as Malins is an equally competent winger if maybe slightly slower, however, should either be asked to drop back to fullback then Max is far better of the two in that position.

Many see England getting a right tonking at the hands of the French whereas I think it will be much closer - we might even steal a win cheers  

i know about ollie just coming back from injury i was referring to previous seasons when his form warranted a call up at least. His diving catch the ball for a try the other week was exceptional i thought.

i hope the game is a close one and after jones's statement that the team he has picked will be his strongest side it needs to be backed up with a good performance even if the win doesnt come.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 9:51 pm

well done France grand slam 6 nations winners they deserved it. England have alot of work to do to win it next year, feck eddie jones though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next