Earwegoagain
Angry
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread Empty
PostSubject: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 3:46 pm

So what are we thinking this year will England fair better than last years will we see a grand slam winner
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 3:54 pm

Not a chance unfortunately. With the exception of Italy, I doubt we have ever seen such a strong 6 nations. France are potentially WC winners, Ireland just beat the All Blacks again, Scotland are inconsistent but the best they have been since 1990. Wales are weaker since Gatland left but somehow manage to perform. England are getting better and can match anyone. I think we might see a 5 way tie for the championship.

And watch out for Alfie Barbeary. Absolute beast.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 5:57 pm

Could be anyone's bar Italy who should be booted into touch, fooking waste of airtime.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 7:02 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Could be anyone's bar Italy who should be booted into touch, fooking waste of airtime.

i'd sooner have Italy in the 6 nations then i would seeing South Africa join the 6 nations. Italy are the whipping boys despite being capable of giving teams a testing game and i dont ever see that changing anytime soon.
i do agree that's its going to be a very close competition between the other 5 teams all are capable.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 7:27 pm

With England missing first choice players including Owen Farrell can't see anything other than a fourth or fifth place finish.  Still always look forward to the six nations bringing in the Spring.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 7:31 pm

Freathy wrote:
With England missing first choice players including Owen Farrell can't see anything other than a fourth or fifth place finish.  Still always look forward to the six nations bringing in the Spring.

Im actually glad hes not going to be featuring in this 6 nations. Its time Eddie Jones started looking at younger players and other players that dont play for Saracens with the World Cup coming up next year. Marcus Smith is going to be a key player for England for years to come.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 8:21 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

i'd sooner have Italy in the 6 nations then i would seeing South Africa join the 6 nations. Italy are the whipping boys despite being capable of giving teams a testing game and i dont ever see that changing anytime soon.
i do agree that's its going to be a very close competition between the other 5 teams all are capable.

I see no reason at all why SA should join instead of Italy, five nations was better than six anyway.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 8:38 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I see no reason at all why SA should join instead of Italy, five nations was better than six anyway.

Because they have already withdrew their franchise teams from super rugby to join the united rugby championship and i believe unless they have resolved their differences they wanted out of the 4 nations rugby championship also. There was talk of them wanting to join the 6 nations as a result making it a 7 nation tournament but i rather they didnt. With their players playing in that league now it would make sense to want the international schedule to coincide with the leagues.

I dont see what benefit it is having their franchise teams playing teams from ireland, wales, italy and scotland over the super rugby when that is a far more competitive competition.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 10:13 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Because they have already withdrew their franchise teams from super rugby to join the united rugby championship and i believe unless they have resolved their differences they wanted out of the 4 nations rugby championship also. There was talk of them wanting to join the 6 nations as a result making it a 7 nation tournament but i rather they didnt. With their players playing in that league now it would make sense to want the international schedule to coincide with the leagues.

I dont see what benefit it is having their franchise teams playing teams from ireland, wales, italy and scotland over the super rugby when that is a far more competitive competition.

I don't see what SA's schedules have to do with it? It was always home nations and the Frogs and just the traveling should rule the saffers out of it. It's just the money and tv talking and they can both fook off.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 10:35 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I don't see what SA's schedules have to do with it? It was always home nations and the Frogs and just the traveling should rule the saffers out of it. It's just the money and tv talking and they can both fook off.

i agree its the media mainly and they can fook off. I think the only thread of credibility that argument has is the springbok players playing in those leagues being rested/fit enough to compete in the 4 nations comp as thats when the european leagues are on a summer break.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 10:57 pm

[quote="Angry"]
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

i agree its the media mainly and they can fook off. I think the only thread of credibility that argument has is the springbok players playing in those leagues being rested/fit enough to compete in the 4 nations comp as thats when the european leagues are on a summer break. [/quote

Why are you even talking about it? It would be a massive logistal nightmare, Italy is about 2 hrs on a plane SA must be six at least. Italy was only bought in to improve their game and they haven't managed that in all this time so fuc them off and saffers can go fishing or maybe shoot some elephant's, six nations has nothing to do with them.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 11:07 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

i agree its the media mainly and they can fook off. I think the only thread of credibility that argument has is the springbok players playing in those leagues being rested/fit enough to compete in the 4 nations comp as thats when the european leagues are on a summer break. [/quote

Why are you even talking about it? It would be a massive logistal nightmare, Italy is about 2 hrs on a plane SA must be six at least. Italy was only bought in to improve their game and they haven't managed that in all this time so fuc them off and saffers can go fishing or maybe shoot some elephant's, six nations has nothing to do with them.

tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 11:18 pm

Never got to grips with 5 nations, 6 nations etc. Can we revert back to 'home nations' and just include nations that reside on this lump of rock? Pfft.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 11:43 pm

POI wrote:
Never got to grips with 5 nations, 6 nations etc. Can we revert back to 'home nations' and just include nations that reside on this lump of rock? Pfft.

so 3 nations then lol
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 11:48 pm

Yeh. That'll do.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 9:46 am

Five nations was invented so that we could rub the French noses in their own arrogance every few years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 2:39 pm

Well I wouldn’t have predicted the team that Jones has selected. Disappointed that we won’t see Barbeary but Murrayfield probably isn’t the best place to make your debut.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 2:52 pm

i was supprised Dombrandt wasn't named a ... sigh "finisher" at least (who came up with that silly phrase finisher lol subs bench it is and always will be) but yeah i agree about Barbeary,
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 3:47 pm

Ireland are running away in this game against Wales... 62 minutes gone and Ireland are 29-0 with the BP secured and probably going to get a few more tries unanswered at this rate :O
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 4:56 pm

Meh!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 6:39 pm

well Scotland beat England.... somehow. Scotland played well to be fair. But another Eddie Jones master class in taking the best players off and the others falling apart played its part.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 11:34 pm

The Jack Nolan sub made with absolutely fook all time to go sums Jones up and also says what Jones should do which is go. Does he even live in Plymouth ffs? Losing the first match to Scotland two years in a row is a disgrace. Fair enough Scotland played well but were this France, NZ, OZ, SA then players would be dropped every fan would be giving it fook and changes would be made. No apologies not good enough competition over on day one.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 9:20 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
The Jack Nolan sub made with absolutely fook all time to go sums Jones up and also says what Jones should do which is go. Does he even live in Plymouth ffs? Losing the first match to Scotland two years in a row is a disgrace. Fair enough Scotland played well but were this France, NZ, OZ, SA then players would be dropped every fan would be giving it fook and changes would be made. No apologies not good enough competition over on day one.

I dont understand why he took of Smith aswell when he was the only one looking to score the points and did and when Smith left the game we never looked like scoring again. That act of stupidity from Cowan-Dickie cost us not only a penalty try but gave Scotland all they needed to get the win. I would blame him for the loss i feel regardless to whether he knocked it out on purpose or not scotland would have found their way through. Their pace was an issue for our defence.

Im not a fan of Eddie Jones i think his time as Head Coach is spent and the RFU should have moved him on after last years 6 nations and pressed ahead with a new guy in charge giving him time to get the team ready for the world cup next year.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 1:16 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
The Jack Nowell sub made with absolutely fook all time to go sums Jones up and also says what Jones should do which is go. Does he even live in Plymouth ffs? Losing the first match to Scotland two years in a row is a disgrace. Fair enough Scotland played well but were this France, NZ, OZ, SA then players would be dropped every fan would be giving it fook and changes would be made. No apologies not good enough competition over on day one.

I dont understand why he took of Smith as well when he was the only one looking to score the points and did and when Smith left the game we never looked like scoring again. That act of stupidity from Cowan-Dickie cost us not only a penalty try but gave Scotland all they needed to get the win. I would blame him for the loss i feel regardless to whether he knocked it out on purpose or not scotland would have found their way through. Their pace was an issue for our defence.

Nowell showed signs of frustration with the timing of the substitution which was probably a ploy by Eddie so that Jack could add to his cap total. Jones is very much an admirer which is why he found himself back in the England camp so soon after that enormous time he was out with snapped tendons in one of his big toes. Because of his slipperiness in confined spaces there has been talk that Jack might be running out in the No12 shirt in future games. I've met Jack twice and a nicer bloke you couldn't wish to meet.

Don't be too quick to blame LCD as Eddie doesn't. View it again and you will see he was at full stretch with a Scot on his shoulder and he had no choice but to play the ball. Chances are that the ball went out while he was simply attempting to knock it forward which would have been a lesser infringement. Apparently, as LCD was walking off he was accused of laughing which he explained was because a ball-boy was giving him some tasty verbal advice. Nice people the Scots.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 3:20 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
The Jack Nowell sub made with absolutely fook all time to go sums Jones up and also says what Jones should do which is go. Does he even live in Plymouth ffs? Losing the first match to Scotland two years in a row is a disgrace. Fair enough Scotland played well but were this France, NZ, OZ, SA then players would be dropped every fan would be giving it fook and changes would be made. No apologies not good enough competition over on day one.

I dont understand why he took of Smith as well when he was the only one looking to score the points and did and when Smith left the game we never looked like scoring again. That act of stupidity from Cowan-Dickie cost us not only a penalty try but gave Scotland all they needed to get the win. I would blame him for the loss i feel regardless to whether he knocked it out on purpose or not scotland would have found their way through. Their pace was an issue for our defence.

Nowell showed signs of frustration with the timing of the substitution which was probably a ploy by Eddie so that Jack could add to his cap total. Jones is very much an admirer which is why he found himself back in the England camp so soon after that enormous time he was out with snapped tendons in one of his big toes. Because of his slipperiness in confined spaces there has been talk that Jack might be running out in the No12 shirt in future games. I've met Jack twice and a nicer bloke you couldn't wish to meet.

Don't be too quick to blame LCD as Eddie doesn't. View it again and you will see he was at full stretch with a Scot on his shoulder and he had no choice but to play the ball. Chances are that the ball went out while he was simply attempting to knock it forward which would have been a lesser infringement. Apparently, as LCD was walking off he was accused of laughing which he explained was because a ball-boy was giving him some tasty verbal advice. Nice people the Scots.

i dont blame him for the loss being a man down didnt help matters sure but as i say whether he did what he did or not Scotland would have found away to get that try. Eddie jones again failed to set the team up right against a Scottish side with alot of pace christ knows how we will do against Ireland!!
Newell would suit number 12 im sure it wont be long till he adapts to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next