Jethro
Earwegoagain
harvetheslayer
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers Empty
PostSubject: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 7:06 am

Twitter feeds are inundated with the same story of Tories voting down the stopping of raw sewage being dumped in our rivers

Seriously why were the Tories told to vote against this and let in continue  ??

Gary Streeter getting some right abuse and rightly so. I've not checked on Mercer but it appears it was a blanket vote

Whats going on here ??  Who was "ordering" Tories to vote for this as I simply dont believe Johnson has the gumption to do it in the first place. They cant all have investments in water companies

What is the crack on this ??
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 7:12 am

What is going on !
I'm wondering if Trevor Philipps at 8.30am on Sky will cover it

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 9:03 am

I've been an activist and member of surfers against sewage for more than twenty years. I blame all the people that have read the stories about sewage over that time but just sit at there computers playing the stock market instead of getting involved.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 9:48 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I've been an activist and member of surfers against sewage for more than twenty years. I blame all the people that have read the stories about sewage over that time but just sit at there computers playing the stock market instead of getting involved.

If that was a pop I can assure you its floating somewhere in the English Channel along with the rest of your surfing mob

If you hadn't noticed I AM asking

So lets try again what on earth is going on here. ?? I've just seen the graph (unfortunately its just to big to screenshot in one go) but it lists all the EU countries that are not dumping in rivers (all of them) yet we are

Just bizarre to say the least
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 11:12 am

FFS Harve it's hardly been a closely guarded secret in fact sewage dumping makes the news several times a year and has done for probably more like thirty years than twenty. It has got better I remember surfing Summerleaze beach in Bude and having actual floaters bobbing past me in the lineup and Plymouth foreshore had literally loads of pipes discharging sewage straight in the sea but now as far as I'm aware it only comes from storm drains when the water companies can LEGALLY let thousands of tons of raw sewage mix with floodwater run off and drop into the sea.
The Gannel estuary at Newquay has been regularly in the news on Spotlight for years but after sustained pressure from SAS and highlighting how paddle board hire companies have had to curtail the fun of tourists SSW has trumpeted the news of how they are INVESTING millions into curing this absolute health hazard of a problem.
As always this is not a Boris created problem it was going on in Blairs time, it's a problem that is ignored by most party leaders who are all shit scared of big business because they are all funded by them and as you all know it's very difficult to get concessions from the people that pay your wages.
If you want to change anything join Surfers against Sewage and bombard your MP to lobby the government (unless your MP is Geoffory Cox in which case try pissing into the wind).
I wish you luck on your latest crusade and just a word of advice unless you actually do get involved don't come on here preaching to me as you will get short shrift.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 11:33 am

Shocking response here from a Tory MP....The deflection is simply mind boggling

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 12:28 pm

I can confirm the sightings of jobbies around Summerleaze and Crooklets and that was 15 odd years ago.

Nothings changed.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 12:54 pm

The market will deal with it because that is the beauty of private enterprise.

At least SWW don't rip off the Westcountry too, lol.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 1:00 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

Shocking response here from a Tory MP....The deflection is simply mind boggling

They are both right Harve. Personally I would have made it illegal to flood houses with shite but again the house builders who fund all political parties would have an issue with that. Mentioning the pollution in the Wye she is correct in saying that it comes from loads of intensive poultry units along the water course and as its Phosphates that are polluting the river this would be obvious to anybody that checked the story.
Yet again if you want to blame someone blame the system no doubt Lord Sainsbury is a keen lobbier on keeping water quality laws er watered down and what's more everybody in the UK that eats cheap intensively reared chickens from supermarkets is equally to blame. I only eat free range high welfare and wild food. At the moment I am mainly eating Pheasant and Partridge shot by rich people at enormous cost to themselves, corn fed, outdoor reared really cheap and quite often free.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 1:47 pm

MPs are clearly heavily bought into privatised water companies, either as shareholders or just good old fashioned brown envelopes to push through such an affront on common sense as this.
About time SWW & the like put aside their gargantuan profits & put appropriate infrastructure in place to cope with the vast numbers of additional dwellings being built, & property developers too are forced to pay into a ring-fenced fund to provide such infrastructure.
Utilities should never have been privatised, but then nationalised industry never works properly either.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 3:18 pm

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 5:31 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
MPs are clearly heavily bought into privatised water companies, either as shareholders or just good old fashioned brown envelopes to push through such an affront on common sense as this.
About time SWW & the like put aside their gargantuan profits & put appropriate infrastructure in place to cope with the vast numbers of additional dwellings being built, & property developers too are forced to pay into a ring-fenced fund to provide such infrastructure.
Utilities should never have been privatised, but then nationalised industry never works properly either.

Thing is no way could the MPs vote to stop dumping the shit in the sea via storm drains because it would end up in their constituents houses and if they did that won't buy any votes at all. I agree with everything else that you say regarding water companies but you can guarantee that when they are made to sort this shit out it is us the bill payer that will foot the bill like we did with the £10bn to clean up our beaches and £10bn to fix all the leaks. Since then we have just put an extra £10bn/pa into shareholders pockets.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 5:32 pm

seadog wrote:

Lol as you would say but missed the target by miles as usual.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 6:29 pm

Brexshit Johnson, doing his best.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 6:52 pm

Still in Public ownership in Scotland
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 4:39 am

seadog wrote:

Everything the roaster is involved in turns world beatingly shit

Yet again Johnsons supine media are not exactly bothered to expose him and its left to Maughan and Stefanovic to do Starmers work for him
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 9:53 am

Maughm and Stephnovic lol. I wonder how much that pair have earned from not bringing Boris to justice since Brexit?
Btw whatever happened to Cummings and his revelations that were going to land Boris in the Old Bailey?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 12:19 am

All piss and wind in the real world.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 11:47 am

Reading last night that rebuilding the antiquated Victorian sewer network could cost each household between £5k and £20k! A figure of £600bn was quoted. Mind you SWW has been taking £10bn pa off us for the last thirty years so they could have paid for half of it lol.
Funny that all their profits are theirs alone whilst investing in their infrastructure is our problem. I blame Blair.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 4:08 pm

seadog wrote:

Brexit came about on 31st January 2020 whereas my link dated 9th October 2009 shows that raw sewage was already polluting our waters even before the links distant date which was a full 8 months before David Cameron made it to No10.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 5:16 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

Catching up on my ironing after a week in Devon, I tuned into the Nick Ferrari show and listened to two opposing views regarding the sewage debacle. Firstly, a farmer was moaning because someone from the local water company ordered him to erect a fence to stop his cattle entering a river and polluting it even further. He then complained that he has the added expense of installing the means whereby the animals can obtain a drink.

Two water company employees voiced their ire regarding hardstandings, tarmac paths and conservatories all of which put added pressure on the drainage system which was once considered adequate at the time of installation. Massive new housing estates across the whole country also got a mention. Only last Sunday I was astonished to see as I neared the outskirts of Exeter, a hillside being levelled to accommodate some sort of structures.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 6:50 pm

BrexshitJohnson is just the latest member of the Islington elite to be in charge of "regulating" the private monopolies, 71% Foreign Owned, by letting them steal our cash and invest feck all.

i realise now that we should take pride in how shite we are Damp, thank you for your input.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 9:22 pm

seadog wrote:
BrexshitJohnson is just the latest member of the Islington elite to be in charge of "regulating" the private monopolies, 71% Foreign Owned, by letting them steal our cash and invest feck all.

i realise now that we should take pride in how shite we are Damp, thank you for your input.

Which has been going on since 1989 when Thatcher started the rot and continued all the way through our glorious EU membership days, and fook all changed in Blairs or Browns days of course it's all down to Brexit and Johnson. It's as much your fault as any bodies despite where you put your cross in the referendum.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 5:08 am

As Luke Pollard said why has it taken a public outcry for the Tory Cabal to perform yet another U turn

Just utterly mind boggling
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 5:59 am

I think Tim Walker has perfectly nailed it.....of all the repulsive criminal activities of this vile cabal happy to continue dumping shit in our waterways because of personal financial incentives seems to have been a watershed moment

Government who doesn't give a shit for anyone on this forum and hopefully 1 or 2 of Johnsons cabal here are starting to grasp the nettle

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers   Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers Empty

Back to top Go down

Serious question over this raw sewage being dumped in our Rivers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next