The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm signing up to the last ten....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

I'm signing up to the last ten.... Empty
PostSubject: I'm signing up to the last ten....   I'm signing up to the last ten.... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 4:35 pm

I see there's another appeal from one of Brent's mouthpieces on the INDEPENDENT ( Laughing ) fans forum. He wants people to sign up (on pasoti) to say they will go to all 10 remaining matches.I wonder if the Argyle powers that be are worried that attendances will plummet, under their disastrous running of the club, and poor old Brenty might have to dip his hand in his pocket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm signing up to the last ten....   I'm signing up to the last ten.... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:03 pm

That man is a feckin hero in my eyes.

I bow down to his superior supporting.

One day I wish to be just like him.

I bet he's going to the last 10, he's probably got a seat in the director's box
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm signing up to the last ten....   I'm signing up to the last ten.... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:05 pm

Hardly a fan though is he if he never expected to be attending these matches in the first place lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm signing up to the last ten....   I'm signing up to the last ten.... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Moved by me. I think this may drift away from football talk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm signing up to the last ten....   I'm signing up to the last ten.... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:31 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Moved by me. I think this may drift away from football talk.

What gives you that idea?? Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: I'm signing up to the last ten....   I'm signing up to the last ten.... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:23 pm

f*** that! It will be far too painful to watch this once proud club in it's final death throes. Watching the last 10 league matches that will probably be ever played at Home Park. One this club is expelled from the football league it will be forever.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: I'm signing up to the last ten....   I'm signing up to the last ten.... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:30 pm

I think Mr Newell is trying to up his post count as he's only 3 off 8000.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: I'm signing up to the last ten....   I'm signing up to the last ten.... EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 6:48 am

I solemnly promise not to go to a single game...

...except MAYBS the Cheltenham relegation decider if I'm back and we're still in a chance of avoiding the drop.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: I'm signing up to the last ten....   I'm signing up to the last ten.... EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:34 am

There are two ways of looking at this of course. Yes, those that cannot afford, cannot attend due to geography or simply wish to support from afar may feel excluded from a "select" group of fans.

Alternatively, and I'm generally unable to attend many weekend games due to family commitments and geography, I see it as positive. If this gets one more supporter into a game this season to support the team then great. Frankly in my opinion the battle against relegation is not something to get precious about.

I'm hoping for survival and a normal pre-season. It feels at the moment like those footballers who are jaded because they haven't had any time off due to World Cups etc. Two successive relegations and the Summer bitterness over the takeover process have taken their toll on the fanbase. We could do with survival and a couple of months off doing something different.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: I'm signing up to the last ten....   I'm signing up to the last ten.... EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:51 am

It would be nice if your last para happened Nick, but I can't see it. Ask yourself-

Have we got the right manager/ DOF? No- Fletcher is this season's Mariner (no experience = relegation)
Are the squad good enough? No (based on current form)
Are we likely to sign anyone new? Doubtful (Other sides are strengthening, why don't we get rid of the useless Bignot and replace with a better player- Walton can cover RB if Berry picks up a knock)

and ultimately- is Brent bovvered? Doesn't look like it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm signing up to the last ten....   I'm signing up to the last ten.... EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:57 am

Understood Ali but at least if we survive in May and June no bugger's going to be around for a while.

All the questions you ask are all valid and best debated in the safety of knowing we have L2 football next season. With that knowledge and a clear pre-season ahead the club may well take stock and make different decisions. At least everyone involved can be properly judged outside the heat of a relegation battle. The threat of non-league football is not an ideal time to experience your first 7 months of owning a football club and your first 8 months of managing a football club. That much I guess is accepted but nothing will change in the next 10 games and support is the only thing we can offer.

This club has been on full steam for a few years now and that pressure valve is not far from blowing.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: I'm signing up to the last ten....   I'm signing up to the last ten.... EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:03 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
I think Mr Newell is trying to up his post count as he's only 3 off 8000.

That's just on the account we know about. Rolling Eyes Don't break the rules ! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: I'm signing up to the last ten....   I'm signing up to the last ten.... EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:09 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
It would be nice if your last para happened Nick, but I can't see it. Ask yourself-

Have we got the right manager/ DOF? No- Fletcher is this season's Mariner (no experience = relegation)
Are the squad good enough? No (based on current form)
Are we likely to sign anyone new? Doubtful (Other sides are strengthening, why don't we get rid of the useless Bignot and replace with a better player- Walton can cover RB if Berry picks up a knock)

and ultimately- is Brent bovvered? Doesn't look like it

Blind faith failed with Stapleton.

What has Brent actually done to warrant putting oneself through such horror, at personal expense ?

I feel very sorry for the likes of Greenskin who are local and still hooked. That could have been me.

There will be no groundswell of support outside those already afflicted until the club gets an owner with cash backed ambition. Once again, we didn't even look for one.
The chuckle brothers couldn't wait to get Brent over the line, once they realised they would become Super Avivas ! jocolor

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm signing up to the last ten....   I'm signing up to the last ten.... EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:52 am

Nick Wall wrote:
Understood Ali but at least if we survive in May and June no bugger's going to be around for a while.

All the questions you ask are all valid and best debated in the safety of knowing we have L2 football next season. With that knowledge and a clear pre-season ahead the club may well take stock and make different decisions. At least everyone involved can be properly judged outside the heat of a relegation battle. The threat of non-league football is not an ideal time to experience your first 7 months of owning a football club and your first 8 months of managing a football club. That much I guess is accepted but nothing will change in the next 10 games and support is the only thing we can offer.

This club has been on full steam for a few years now and that pressure valve is not far from blowing.

Wise words Nick, but the problem with this sort of 'rallying call' (if you can call it that, and not just another piece of self-aggrandisement from one of the Super Fans) is, well, what is the point? People will go to the games they can afford to get to, and can access without too much expense/hassle. Will I be at all the home games? Too right, as I always am. Will I be at any away games. Dunno yet. And will my reticence to commit mean that my previous 39 years of following Argyle up and down the land is committed to the dustbin of history and I'll be considered (by the committee of one that decides these things) that I'm naaaaat a praaaaaper faaaaan? And why should I have to post on a website which games I'll be at? I didn't feel the need to constantly update pasoti with the various things I did for the club and staff during Administration; I'm not going to change that policy now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm signing up to the last ten....   I'm signing up to the last ten.... EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 12:25 pm

The trouble is that for the first season in our history I am feeling isolated from the club, I have never been a spend at all costs to get to the promised land kind of a fan, I have always been realistic. However in the last couple of month's I feel the apathy of an owner who doesn't care or understand the implications of dropping out of the football league rubbing off on me. I will be there on Tuesday for the Rovers match as it is a derby match, but come this Saturday I feel the pull of the six nations much more strongly than the pull of the aviva stadium.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: I'm signing up to the last ten....   I'm signing up to the last ten.... EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Is Darren Stoneman one of us?

Quote :
0/10 for me, matches the score out of ten for effort from the players, Manager and Brent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm signing up to the last ten....   I'm signing up to the last ten.... Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm signing up to the last ten....
Page 1 of 1