7 posters
AuthorMessage

6th signing is - Empty
PostSubject: 6th signing is -   6th signing is - EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 5:16 pm

Jordan Houghton, welcome back old chap
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

6th signing is - Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th signing is -   6th signing is - EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 5:30 pm

Midfielder Jordan Houghton has returned to Home Park five years after his last spell at the club.

The 25-year-old midfielder has signed after leaving fellow Sky Bet League One side Milton Keynes Dons.

His previous spell at Argyle was in 2016 when he was signed on a short-term loan deal from Chelsea.

He helped the Pilgrims reach the Sky Bet League Two play-off final that year, scoring one goal in 10 matches.

That goal came in a 2-0 win over Morecambe, a month before a thigh injury cut short his time in a Green shirt.

Since then, Houghton has had two loan spells at Doncaster Rovers, scoring two goals in 76 games.

His performances for Doncaster prompted Milton Keynes Dons to offer the former Chelsea youngster a two-year deal, where he amassed over 100 games across three seasons.

Jordan becomes the sixth player signed by Ryan Lowe this summer, following the arrivals of Callum Burton and James Bolton yesterday, and he will wear the no.4 shirt for the upcoming 21/22 campaign.

Jordan's home and away shirts are available for sponsor ahead of the Greens' Sky Bet League One season. Please contact [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for more information.

Welcome back to Home Park Jordan.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

6th signing is - Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th signing is -   6th signing is - EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 5:33 pm

Decent prudent signing that will be welcomed by decent and normal fans, my company and i are fully supportive of this midfield dynamo.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

6th signing is - Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th signing is -   6th signing is - EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 6:24 pm

Vaguely remember him being fairly good in his previous spell at HP and seems to have accumulated a lot of experience in the years since. Quite like the look of this one, especially as he hasn't played for Bury and isn't a mate of Robbie Fowler. Welcome and good luck to him.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

6th signing is - Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th signing is -   6th signing is - EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 6:53 pm

Some good signings with L1 experience coming in. And it looks like the bulk of the squad will be here for most of the pre season.

Far better than 2 or three loanees rocking up a week or two before the big kick-off.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

6th signing is - Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th signing is -   6th signing is - EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 8:23 pm

Difficult to believe we are actually SIGNING players one after another, so refreshing after the wasted Bent tenure.
Back to top Go down

6th signing is - Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th signing is -   6th signing is - EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 10:55 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Difficult to believe we are actually SIGNING players one after another, so refreshing after the wasted Bent tenure.

i said it else where probably a few times that once pre season starts the signings would flow and look how far we've come Very Happy

houghton i recall was decent in league 2 for us during his brief stay with us hopefuly he can be that ball winning defensive midfielder that can replace the gap fornah and macleod left.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

6th signing is - Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th signing is -   6th signing is - EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 4:38 am

Long as we can shore up the defence with the new keeper and defenders then hopefully that will alllow the strikers to get us to a top 10 finish
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

6th signing is - Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th signing is -   6th signing is - EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 8:19 am

Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

i said it else where probably a few times that once pre season starts the signings would flow and look how far we've come Very Happy

houghton i recall was decent in league 2 for us during his brief stay with us hopefuly he can be that ball winning defensive midfielder that can replace the gap fornah and macleod left.

Clearly Lowe has taken on board the recruiment shortcomings of last season e.g signing young loanees albeit from top flight clubs does not provide a watertight defence.
Back to top Go down

6th signing is - Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th signing is -   6th signing is - EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 9:06 am

akagreengull wrote:
Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Clearly Lowe has taken on board the recruiment shortcomings of last season e.g signing young loanees albeit from top flight clubs does not provide a watertight defence.

true but it doesnt mean he wont sign any in future as the season progresses however.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

6th signing is - Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th signing is -   6th signing is - EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 1:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

6th signing is - Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th signing is -   6th signing is - EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 1:42 pm

Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

true but it doesnt mean he wont sign any in future as the season progresses however.

With the amount of signings now made we won't be making many loan signings which is a good thing and I'm glad we have pulled our finger out and got on with building the squad now and not waiting until the last minute, I know posters on here said it doesn't matter I happen to think its very important for the squad to not only have extra time to train but also bond with each other. Lessons learned from last year I think.
Back to top Go down

6th signing is - Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th signing is -   6th signing is - EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 11:19 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

With the amount of signings now made we won't be making many loan signings which is a good thing and I'm glad we have pulled our finger out and got on with building the squad now and not waiting until the last minute, I know posters on here said it doesn't matter I happen to think its very important for the squad to not only have extra time to train but also bond with each other. Lessons learned from last year I think.

i see your point. My only response to that is loan signings aren't a bad thing if its 1 maybe 2 that are in the squad at any given time preferably season long and they add quality and fit in with the squad.
With that said too many in your squad at one time however, is as we saw last season and certainly in other seasons when del bhey was brining guys in left, right and centre for a month at a time and then they leave that doesnt do the player any good in the long run nor add to the squad.
Having a defence that was made up with loanees and unproven premiership youngsters was a serious lack in judgement from Lowe and one im sure hes has learnt from given the guys he has signed. Fornah was a great singing he was quite good probably the one loan signing last season that was any good.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

6th signing is - Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th signing is -   6th signing is - EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 10:14 am

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

i see your point. My only response to that is loan signings aren't a bad thing if its 1 maybe 2 that are in the squad at any given time preferably season long and they add quality and fit in with the squad.
With that said too many in your squad at one time however, is as we saw last season and certainly in other seasons when del bhey was brining guys in left, right and centre for a month at a time and then they leave that doesnt do the player any good in the long run nor add to the squad.
Having a defence that was made up with loanees and unproven premiership youngsters was a serious lack in judgement from Lowe and one im sure hes has learnt from given the guys he has signed. Fornah was a great singing he was quite good  probably the one loan signing last season that was any good.

I cant disagree with any of that but my remarks were more about getting players in now not a week before the season starts.
Back to top Go down

6th signing is - Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th signing is -   6th signing is - EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 11:47 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Having a defence that was made up with loanees and unproven premiership youngsters was a serious lack in judgement from Lowe and one im sure hes has learnt from given the guys he has signed. Fornah was a great singing he was quite good  probably the one loan signing last season that was any good.

I cant disagree with any of that but my remarks were more about getting players in now not a week before the season starts.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

in a nutshell cause im not cutting out al those links to put on here

Plymouth Argyle are not interested in taking young loan signings from higher division clubs anymore, manager Ryan Lowe has declared.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

6th signing is - Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th signing is -   6th signing is - Empty

Back to top Go down

6th signing is -
Page 1 of 1