Dick Trickle
Tringreen
tigertony
RegGreen
10 posters
AuthorMessage

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: New Signing   New Signing EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 8:10 pm

that slack git tgwu has taken the night off it seems so here it is....

Argyle sign french goalkeeper Vincent Dorel on a free probs till the end of the season.... hope he likes the bench as thats probably where he'll be for most of it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 8:17 pm

Gotta be better than bittner & tyler harveys brother that foresore angers could it be the new larry-0 but i do agree he will only get in the side if McCormick gets struck by lighting or somethink..lol
Back to top Go down

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 8:26 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Gotta be better than bittner & tyler harveys brother that foresore angers could it be the new larry-0 but i do agree he will only get in the side if McCormick gets struck by lighting or somethink..lol

i hope he is of some quality, as McCormick needs competition for his spot. Sure isnt going to get it from Bittner who im still struggling to understand how he is goalkeeper coach.
Back to top Go down

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 9:38 pm

A classic signing of the Brent era. Makes no sense whatsoever if austerity rules ceva. Still, I suppose if the mighty Fleetwood took a look and said no, he must be captain material for Argyle.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 10:44 pm

Once upon a time the greens signed a French goalie for nothing .... and his mate. Now, I may be wrong but, didn't that French keeper do OK. Welcome young man - he even resembles Larry-O
Back to top Go down

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 11:09 pm

tigertony wrote:
Once upon a time the greens signed a French goalie for nothing .... and his mate. Now, I may be wrong but, didn't that French keeper do OK. Welcome young man - he even resembles Larry-O

you got to love the persistent pro anything fans who try and hype up a player they have never seen play as the next big thing lol.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 1:20 am

Angry wrote:
tigertony wrote:

you got to love the persistent pro anything fans who try and hype up a player they have never seen play as the next big thing lol.
There is not one word 'hyping' anybody. I've made a tongue-in-cheek remark about a goalie. But then if I'd said ''Concorde had to divert to RAF St Mawgan few years back'' you would reply with ''JB out'' Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 6:00 am

At least it's forward thinking, even if the guy is a Fleetwood reject. He has to be better than the other options if LM pulls a fetlock before the end of the season.
Just glad I don't have to waste my time and money on such an ultimately 'going nowhere' pursuit.................unless you regard the ever decreasing likelihood of promotion to England's 3rd tier, as going somewhere.

I know, I know............building blocks and all that..................................I don't suppose building blocks have got any less expensive than the last time green jim looked at the prices and had to sit down .

Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 6:14 am

tigertony wrote:

that is like saying we should buy every striker from Chorley because one of them went on to play for England.
Back to top Go down

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 7:12 am

I'm surprised by this one. Of all the positions, Goalkeeper is the one that needs least attention. Good luck to the guy but I'd sooner have seen a right back or a centre midfielder, before we brought a keeper in.

Having said that, good luck to the guy and I hope he does well if called upon.
Back to top Go down

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 7:54 am

Lord Biro wrote:
A classic signing of the Brent era. Makes no sense whatsoever if austerity rules ceva. Still, I suppose if the mighty Fleetwood took a look and said no, he must be captain material for Argyle.
Unless he's happy to play for nothing of course, in the anticipation of earning a big money contract next season.
Perhaps the question could be asked at the Fans Forum on Saturday?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 8:23 am

So is this the quote by DA of another addition to his squad before the deadline? I was hoping for a out field player ( sorry to let you down Angry busy trying to finishing the kitchen it catching up on me, fell asleep after having a bath)
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 10:49 am

Homeslice wrote:
I'm surprised by this one. Of all the positions, Goalkeeper is the one that needs least attention. Good luck to the guy but I'd sooner have seen a right back or a centre midfielder, before we brought a keeper in.

Having said that, good luck to the guy and I hope he does well if called upon.

Agree with the broad sentiment but GK is only 'the one that needs least attention' right up to the point Luke gets crocked.

Word has it that Bittner has a back problem and thus probably couldn't cover if that eventuality arose. If Luke were to get injured therefore we'd need another loan to cover. With only five allowed in any one squad an outfield player would have to miss out, Le Keeper being a full signing negates that.

Looking at it pragmatically therefore this signing provides cover whilst not hamstringing outfield options, be that loans we already have or loans still to come. So whilst we'd all like other positions strengthened first, I can see the sense in this one.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 12:03 pm

If Bittner is crocked then we need cover. Simple as that.

I was rather hoping when seeing this signing, that a realisation had been made that Bittner was indeed crap, and someone of a higher calibre needed to be brought in. Should have known better.
Back to top Go down

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 4:36 pm

X Isle wrote:

Word has it that Bittner has a back problem

Le Keeper being a full signing negates that.

Classic Xisle. On message as ever. Laughing

Oh, and this guy isn't Larrieu, so less of the Le keeper bull. I would imagine this is the cheapest of cheap options. A sort of Brent internship. His sort are into all that sort of voluntary/next to no pay stuff. Someone who has trained as a goalkeeper, and doesn't have a 40 year old bad back. There must be hundreds in Plymouth.
Probably one of the Dutch 16 as well.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 12:21 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
tigertony wrote:

that is like saying we should buy every striker from Chorley because one of them went on to play for England.
Jeeeeeeeez us H. Its nothing like that at all. Its a tongue-in-cheek comment which ends with a welcome message. That's it! I'm sorry if I havn't written 15 paragraphs about how DA had no choice but to go for a French freebie via Fleetwood due to JB putting another padlock on his pension fund.
Maybe we should have dragged Jimmy Glass back because he can score goals.
Back to top Go down

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 11:55 pm

Tongue in cheek, you say? Because it comes across as more of a clever dick comment, tbf. Once upon a time, a million other clubs signed a billion other players for nothing and they weren't particularly good...
Back to top Go down

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 12:18 am

I do hope the boy comes good, who wouldn't? You can't help but feel that this is a cost feck all sticking plaster to keep up the numbers hoping one of our own will shake off his niggles and soldier on until the end. Not what's needed for a team wanting to go up in the top three and everybody knows that.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 8:43 am

You got it in one,having one senior goalie in a squad is a joke.
It's lack of investment all the way.
Back to top Go down

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 8:58 am

I actually meant to post that in the Matt thread but it works here also.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 5:11 pm

Strange that we sign a keeper when we need another CH or midfielder..hmmm..wonder if LM has been carrying a injurie and might not last the last 10 games..who knows wont be the first time we have been lied to as i remember harry potter with transparency bollocks for a start
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 5:26 pm

Copy and Paste

Still possible Plymouth Argyle will make one more loan signing, admits Derek Adams

SIX WILL not go into five for Plymouth Argyle manager Derek Adams when it comes to his loan signings.

Adams included five players borrowed from other clubs in his matchday squad of 18 for the Pilgrims' 2-1 defeat at Accrington Stanley last weekend, which is the maximum amount allowed under Football League rules.

However, on-loan Hibernian defender Jordon Forster is close to returning to action after suffering a head injury when Argyle lost 1-0 away to Barnet on March 1.

Adams has not ruled out the possibility of Forster being fit for the promotion-chasing Pilgrims' clash against Luton Town at Home Park on Saturday (3pm).

If Forster was deemed available for selection then Adams would have to leave one of his loanees out of his squad.

The other five are Craig Tanner and Oscar Threlkeld, who have been with Argyle for most of the season, as well as Daniel Nardiello, Jordan Houghton and Jamille Matt.

Houghton and Matt both signed for the Pilgrims last week and made their debuts against Accrington.

Having more loanees than he is allowed to include in a matchday squad is not a situation that Adams is entirely comfortable with.

However, he has not ruled out making one more signing before the deadline next Thursday.

Adams has to factor into the equation that Threlkeld will return to Chapionship club Bolton Wanderers after the game against AFC Wimbledon at Home Park on April 9.

That is also the date when Matt's initial one-month loan from League One outfit Fleetwood Town ends, although that deal could be extended with the agreement of all parties.

Adams told Herald Sport: "We are in a situation where we have got six loan signings at this moment in time and it's still possible we could do another one before the deadline.

"We might do it, we might not. We will have to wait and see."

Being forced to leave out one of his loan signings is clearly not a position Adams would relish.

He added: "It's not something I want to have. I said at the start of the season I wanted to have my own players but the constraints I was under have affected that."

Overall, Adams has used 26 different players this season and nine of them have been on loan.

The three no longer at Home Park are Hiram Boateng, England under-21 goalkeeper Christian Walton and Luke Croll.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 5:43 pm

What a short term, shortsighted, underfunded pigs ear.....again.
Back to top Go down

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 5:51 pm

Quote :
He added: "It's not something I want to have. I said at the start of the season I wanted to have my own players but the constraints I was under have affected that."

Candid as ever. Feel sorry for the guy having to pratt around under Brent's lack of courage and desire.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 7:49 pm

He sounds unhappy... Putting himself on the market??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing   New Signing Empty

Back to top Go down

New Signing
Page 1 of 1