Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.

Go down 
+8
Freathy
Czarcasm
sufferedsince 68
Rickler
Greenskin
Tgwu
Grovehill
Earwegoagain
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 12:47 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:
So basically it's all a unsubstantiated rumour based on timing...

and wasn't the Scarr story broken by someone in the media and then picked up by the those on freechat and Pasoti who live for this sort of thing?

no i would say it had merit, the timing was spot on and for whatever reason the deal didn't come good which im sure isnt the first time thats happend or indeed the last time.
Again where is this defender poised to sign in 72 hours? its gone very quiet since Manny made his choice to go walsall. Of course Ryan willprobably deny he was interested in him to save face but too much coincidence here too much to ignore or shake off blaming pasoti.

I suppose it suits some to believe the negativity that seems to swirl around, can’t help it my glass is  always half full, roll on next season when we can actually see these new players in action so we can have a right old ding dong based on fact.

only negativity swirling around if any was caused by Ryan Lowe openly stating he had another defender ready to sign within 72 hours and that failing.

While a deal for the player that Lowe was referring to has yet to be officially finalised, it is understood it will be completed 'shortly'. so he did have a backup plan Smile
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 1:20 pm

Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Lowe tries to sign a L2 standard player and we lose out to a L2 club.  Maybe you need to aim lower than that Lowe.  National League North/South is perhaps where you should be shopping.

L2/L1 YO YO is best we can hope for under Hallett

seeing as ryan mentioned he was confident of concluding the deal within 72 hours i can only assume walsall came out of nowhere and trumped our offer which again raises questions as to what our budget was if a mid table league 2 club can be seen as a better option than league one club. I refuse to believe the old lie that no one wants to come to Plymouth due to its location.

Mmm, L2 Club in the heart of the midlands, or L1 Club in sunny Devon?

Tough call.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 1:27 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:

and wasn't the Scarr story broken by someone in the media and then picked up by the those on freechat and Pasoti who live for this sort of thing?

no i would say it had merit, the timing was spot on and for whatever reason the deal didn't come good which im sure isnt the first time thats happend or indeed the last time.
Again where is this defender poised to sign in 72 hours? its gone very quiet since Manny made his choice to go walsall. Of course Ryan willprobably deny he was interested in him to save face but too much coincidence here too much to ignore or shake off blaming pasoti.

I suppose it suits some to believe the negativity that seems to swirl around, can’t help it my glass is  always half full, roll on next season when we can actually see these new players in action so we can have a right old ding dong based on fact.

only negativity swirling around if any was caused by Ryan Lowe openly stating he had another defender ready to sign within 72 hours and that failing.

While a deal for the player that Lowe was referring to has yet to be officially finalised, it is understood it will be completed 'shortly'. so he did have a backup plan Smile

Graiser you crack me up, this is a thread about transfer rumours and yet again no one is being negative just commenting on a signing or lack of it, please read the thread again you seem confused.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 1:35 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Graiser you crack me up, this is a thread about transfer rumours and yet again no one is being negative just commenting on a signing or lack of it, please read the thread again you seem confused.

No one being negative! do me a favour, this thread is full of it, anyway we’ll wait and see how it pans out and like I wrote previously we can have a ding dong about what we actually see on the pitch in full view from HP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 1:45 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Angry that’s not quite what Lowe said

“We will hopefully have one more in the next 72 hours maybe and that will be three solid defenders who we feel can compete in this league.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 1:46 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Angry that’s not quite what Lowe said

“We will hopefully have one more in the next 72 hours maybe and that will be three solid defenders who we feel can compete in this league.”

i took that from the link you melt lol Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 3:12 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Lowe tries to sign a L2 standard player and we lose out to a L2 club.  Maybe you need to aim lower than that Lowe.  National League North/South is perhaps where you should be shopping.

L2/L1 YO YO is best we can hope for under Hallett

seeing as ryan mentioned he was confident of concluding the deal within 72 hours i can only assume walsall came out of nowhere and trumped our offer which again raises questions as to what our budget was if a mid table league 2 club can be seen as a better option than league one club. I refuse to believe the old lie that no one wants to come to Plymouth due to its location.

Mmm, L2 Club in the heart of the midlands, or L1 Club in sunny Devon?

Tough call.

Very sunny Brisbane or sunny Devon, tis a bugger init!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 3:00 pm

A trialist defender will join Plymouth Argyle from the start of pre-season training, manager Ryan Lowe has revealed.

Lowe is not ready yet to confirm who it is, but the player has begun the same two-week fitness programme as the rest of the Pilgrims' squad before they report back next Wednesday (June 23).

There is also the possibility of Lowe signing another defender on loan to make sure he has plenty of competition and cover in that area.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 5:18 pm

Tgwu wrote:
A trialist defender will join Plymouth Argyle from the start of pre-season training, manager Ryan Lowe has revealed.

Lowe is not ready yet to confirm who it is, but the player has begun the same two-week fitness programme as the rest of the Pilgrims' squad before they report back next Wednesday (June 23).

There is also the possibility of Lowe signing another defender on loan to make sure he has plenty of competition and cover in that area.

cover and competition in all areas is only a good thing. Another defender signing will take our total as it stands to 6 which is more than enough barring any long term injuries of course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 5:48 pm

Will Aimson signed for Bolton, can’t help feeling Lowe made an error in releasing him but time will tell I suppose
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 6:01 pm

Perhaps Aimson made it clear he wanted to go back up North

Perhaps Bolton offered loadsamoney!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 6:37 pm

Graiser wrote:
Will Aimson signed for Bolton, can’t help feeling Lowe made an error in releasing him but time will tell I suppose

I would have kept him over the others purely as backup to the new blood in that defence but not as a regular starter at all so if Bolton are dumb enough to sign him thats good news for us as it means a bit of pace and he's taken out of the game. Cross the ball guranteed goal if hes marking you.

ben reeves signed for Gillingham and Ruddy signed with some Northern Ireland team didnt see the name. Good to see those who have left are getting new clubs.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 8:17 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

I would have kept him over the others purely as backup to the new blood in that defence but not as a regular starter at all so if Bolton are dumb enough to sign him thats good news for us as it means a bit of pace and he's taken out of the game. Cross the ball guranteed goal if hes marking you.

ben reeves signed for Gillingham and Ruddy signed with some Northern Ireland team didnt see the name. Good to see those who have left are getting new clubs.

You say he's worth a place in the squad then pull his game apart., too slow and can't mark his man. Priceless LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 8:31 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

You say he's worth a place in the squad then pull his game apart., too slow and can't mark his man. Priceless LOL

i said i would have kept him over the others doesnt mean i wanted him to stay put here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 8:34 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Angry meant by highlighting what he perceived were Aimson’s deficiencies would also explain why he thinks he would only be a squad man, don’t see a lot wrong with that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 8:36 pm

Grovehill wrote:

Or the reality is that Lowe never offered him a contract so he’s free to go wherever he wished
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2021 10:22 am

Graiser wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Or the reality is that Lowe never offered him a contract so he’s free to go wherever he wished

Was Aimson on the retained list?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2021 10:48 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

no he was let go

everyone on the retain list signed up Smile but no idea if McCormick accepted his new role or not though.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2021 3:29 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

no he was let go

everyone on the retain list signed up Smile but no idea if McCormick accepted his new role or not though.

Ta.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2021 5:21 pm

Frank Nouble joins Colchester permanently
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2021 7:47 pm

Angry wrote:
Frank Nouble joins Colchester permanently

Forgot about him
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2021 7:52 pm

Quote: "Frank's a real threat, a handful, and he scores goals. Got a good attitude. We've know about him for quite a while"

Ryan Lowe 06.08.21

Hope this year's intake last a bit longer.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2021 8:18 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Quote: "Frank's a real threat, a handful, and he scores goals. Got a good attitude. We've know about him for quite a while"

Ryan Lowe 06.08.21

Hope this year's intake last a bit longer.

he did have his uses being the muscle upfront which helped Jephcott alot but he didnt do alot else. We could do with an upgraded version of him who can hold the ball up bt score a few goals aswell.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 19, 2021 5:37 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:

That makes a change then..................
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 19, 2021 9:03 pm

[quote="harvetheslayer"][quote="Earwegoagain"][quote="Angry"][quote="Graiser"]
Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:

The Scarr signing taken from AFC

Paul Giles

Dan scarr will be signing this week, medical is tomorrow, trust me on this one

Matthew Pinney

For real or another wind up?

Paul Giles

100% true mate, his dad is a mate of mine and he’s having a medical in Plymouth tomorrow

Shaun Wilcox

Trust you ? Really ? Who could trust a car salesman ?

Paul Giles

I’m friends with his dad and his dad’s best mate, he’s text me tonight to say Dan is in Plymouth tomorrow for his medical

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next