+3
Czarcasm
Greenskin
harvetheslayer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Alan Miller our former loan keeper Empty
PostSubject: Alan Miller our former loan keeper   Alan Miller our former loan keeper EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 6:59 am

He popped up on twitter following something that I also was.

I was startled when I googled him on appearances....was he really only 18/19 when played for us ??

Did we ever have a better loan keeper down the years (or any loan player bar the initial return of Tynan) ?

Working on a Country estate number in Norfolk.....certainly didnt go on to have as many overall apperances as we might have expected

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Alan Miller our former loan keeper   Alan Miller our former loan keeper EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 3:20 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

I was startled when I googled him on appearances....was he really only 18/19 when played for us ??

Did we ever have a better loan keeper down the years (or any loan player bar the initial return of Tynan) ?

Working on a Country estate number in Norfolk.....certainly didnt go on to have as many overall apperances as we might have expected

Always thought the adulation for Alan Miller was a bit overblown,he did well certainly but Rhys Wilmot was the better keeper imho and it was Shiltons insistence on playing himself rather than Wilmot which cost the club dearly,especially in that game against Blackburn when that shit Speedie got a hattrick. I would say that Eliot Ward and Paul Gallagher gave more to the club over a longer period and if you really want to go back in time, Kevin Godfrey was a key signing in getting the team going again in 1985/86 even before Tynan arrived.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Alan Miller our former loan keeper   Alan Miller our former loan keeper EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 6:26 pm

Yes indeed Kevin Godfrey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alan Miller our former loan keeper   Alan Miller our former loan keeper EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 7:38 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

those appearences are for league only so they dont take into account any cup games or if he were an outfield plater goals wouldnt feature there either.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Alan Miller our former loan keeper   Alan Miller our former loan keeper EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 6:06 am

True Angry but I'd bet it adds no more than 10 games to the total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Alan Miller our former loan keeper   Alan Miller our former loan keeper EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 7:22 am

I think there was a poll some years back, and Elliot Ward was voted best ever loan signing.

Master stroke from Pulis, tbf.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Alan Miller our former loan keeper   Alan Miller our former loan keeper EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 8:08 am

Czarcasm wrote:
I think there was a poll some years back, and Elliot Ward was voted best ever loan signing.

I won £250 on him scoring first away at Wolves in his first or one of his first games for us. I took the bheys up on the train and when we were going to get a drink I overheard someone say "Elliot Ward to score first goal 25-1 not a bad bet" so I thought I've have some of that. Think we went on to lose the game in the end but what a great player he was and definitely one of my all tme favourites.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Alan Miller our former loan keeper   Alan Miller our former loan keeper EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 10:33 am

Eliot Ward and Matt Doumbe, along with Coughlan and Wotton, one of the best defensive pairings I've ever seen at the club.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Alan Miller our former loan keeper   Alan Miller our former loan keeper EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 6:55 pm

Doumbe was quality.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Alan Miller our former loan keeper   Alan Miller our former loan keeper EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 1:08 pm

Arsenal loaned good keepers in them days cough!! Cough!! Not like Matt Macey 😁
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Alan Miller our former loan keeper   Alan Miller our former loan keeper EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 5:12 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Elliot Ward was a brilliant defender he cleared his lines every time which is what you want your centre half to do , no good for ryan though dont remember him as a pretty passer. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alan Miller our former loan keeper   Alan Miller our former loan keeper Empty

Back to top Go down

Alan Miller our former loan keeper
Page 1 of 1