Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)

Go down 
+12
Warny
Coxside_Green
cornysteve
Greenskin
GreenSam
akagreengull
Dougie
Han Solos Other Ship
Tringreen
Mock Cuncher
Grovehill
Chemical Ali
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) Empty
PostSubject: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:21 am

The deadline for 'emergency loan' signings is 5pm tomorrow. After that, Football League clubs cannot make any signings until January 1.

I wonder if clueless will make another few signings to bolster our 'depleted' squad?

Last edited by Chemical Ali on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:24 am

He's going after a striker from Iceland

and a full back from Poundland
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:48 am

According to Twitter, Mark Molesley, a 6'1" midfielder from Bournemouth has signed on a month's loan. Nothing on official sites yet.

Wiki Link
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:49 am

Sounds amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:51 am

The AMAZING Bournemouth echo has confimed the story-

ECHO LINKY

Quote :
Cherries: Thomas completes Blackpool loan switch and Molesley joins Plymouth

4:33pm Thursday 22nd November 2012 in Sport
BLACKPOOL have completed the loan signing of Cherries star Wes Thomas.

The 25-year-old striker was last week understood to have handed in a transfer request and has now linked up with the Championship outfit until January 1.

Tangerines boss Michael Appleton is a known admirer of Thomas after the former Crawley Town man's successful loan spell at Portsmouth earlier this season.

Thomas notched three goals in seven games at Fratton Park under Appleton, before the Lancastrian replaced Ian Holloway as Blackpool manager earlier this month.

Mark Molesley, meanwhile, has joined League Two side Plymouth on a month-long loan deal, which could be extended.

Cherries youngster Josh Wakefield has also moved on loan to League Two side Dagenham & Redbridge.

Last edited by Chemical Ali on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:52 am

We'll have more 'players' than supporters soon.

Those not required could be forced to join salsa verde.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:56 am

When asked by an Argo fan on twitter if Molesley was again good, Bournemouth's Errington replied-

Quote :
Yes. At his best, an all-action, swashbuckling midfielder.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:00 am

Great, he can sit on the bench with all the other loan players and look on baffled as we pass it round nicely between our back 4, without attempting to go forward
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:17 am

Seems like Brent and the Board continue to back Fletcher in word and deed (also Fletchs little black book of contacts extends to B for Bournemouth)
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:20 am

Dougie wrote:
Seems like Brent and the Board continue to back Fletcher in word and deed (also Fletchs little black book of contacts extends to B for Bournemouth)

and we sign a 31 year old who has played most of his career in the non league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:25 am

Why sign a mid-fielder? The problem we have is in scoring goals. I know the mid-field often provides the opportunities but really ..... Madjo looked good but he is now sitting on the bench (I hope he's not 100% fit as that would be the only acceptable reason. Griffiths looked excellent for 20 minutes but seems to have gone off since then. Using MacDonald's, Lennox's, Cowan-Hall's height has got us nowhere. Feeney & Chadwick are getting their usual shed-load of goals and laying off balls like the stars they are. No

So what do we do? We sign a mid-fielder!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:30 am

Has been on loan at Aldershot Sleep
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:52 am

Seems like Eddie Howe continues to be our sole provider of loan players, what do you mean we need an experienced manager with contacts throughout the game.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:57 am

Official Linky

Quote :
ARGYLE have signed midfielder Mark Molesley on loan.
The 31-year-old will remain at Home Park up to and including our trip to Accrington Stanley on December 22 and is also eligible for next month's Johnstone’s Paint Trophy tie against Oxford United.

Argyle manager Carl Fletcher was pleased to added somebody of Mark's stature to his squad.

"I'm really pleased to Mark in," said Fletch.

"We had to do a bit of negotiating to make sure that the move was viable and we pulled in a couple of favours.

"Mark is a solid player who has been successful at this level before.

"I spoke to Eddie Howe about Mark and he couldn't recommend him highly enough.

"Ed's opinion is one I trust and I'm sure that Mark will be a great asset to the squad."

Beginning his career in non-league football with Hayes, Mark played for Cambridge City, Aldershot Town, Stevenage and Grays Athletic before joining Bournemouth in 2008 and finally making his Football League bow at the age of 27.

Mark has made more than 50 first-team appearances for the Cherries, scoring five goals.

Last season, he enjoyed a spell on loan at Aldershot, coming on as an 84th-minute substitute in our 1-0 Easter Monday defeat of the Shots at Home Park.

Mark will wear the number 30 shirt and his move is subject to Football League approval.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 5:04 am

knecht wrote:
Why sign a mid-fielder? The problem we have is in scoring goals. I know the mid-field often provides the opportunities but really ..... Madjo looked good but he is now sitting on the bench (I hope he's not 100% fit as that would be the only acceptable reason. Griffiths looked excellent for 20 minutes but seems to have gone off since then. Using MacDonald's, Lennox's, Cowan-Hall's height has got us nowhere. Feeney & Chadwick are getting their usual shed-load of goals and laying off balls like the stars they are. No

We're not solid enough defensively either though, teams walk through our midfield.

Which is why I was hoping he'd be a holding midfielder who could add a bit more shape and disciple to us but the description of him as "swashbuckling" doesn't quite fit with that image. I mean, he may be a decent player but I really don't think non-holding midfielders are where we need strengthening the most by any stretch. We actually have some decent players there. Hourihane and Young are among our better players for my money, Gurreri can be good in the hole. Lowry will probably improve in his stride. I just hope he isn't another version of them, and is a holding midfielder to the standard of Wotton 2/3 years ago, as that is what we need.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 5:06 am

HUGGGGGGGGGE
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 5:44 am

knecht wrote:

Partially agree but one of the main problems that Argyle have encountered in recent years [in fact,since the departure of Norris,Halmosi,Buzz,Capaldi,Nalis et al] is the failure of the midfield to chip in with an adequate supply of goals,which is essential even if a team has two 20 goal per season strikers on the books [which we obviously haven't].It may be revealing to look at the goal scoring career records of the midfielders currently on the books;

Lowry 130 games 11 goals
Young 48/4
Gurrieri 30/1
Hourihane 54/4
MacDonald 44/5
Lennox 10/0

There's not really much to shout about there as far as chipinability is concerned and is one of the major reason why Argyle are struggling and will continue to do so unless the players concerned,most of whom admittedly are still quite young,can step up a gear or two in this respect.And thats what really puzzles me about this signing-the chap has scored 6 goals in 60 games.Plainly,some midfielders are not suited to scoring goals on a regular basis and their talents lie elsewhere but there must be a balance,which would not appear to have been addressed by this signing.I was under the impression in the limited amount of games that i've seen that Lowry was playing the holding role,so it will be very interesting to see where MM fits in.Can't say that my optimistic and blue skies thinking juices have been stirred for Saturday but good luck to Mark Molesley anyway.
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 5:53 am

Thats the kick in the teeth that means I'll be watching the rugby this saturday. Nothing against the player, simply the fact that this shows that Brent is continuing to back Jonah Fletcher. I'm skint, but have a season ticket. Only live in Saltash so the cost of getting to the game is negligible. The three hours that I would have wasted on this shit would never come back though. How feckin shit do things have to be before that welsh tosser, who I wouldn't trust to run a tap, gets the elbow?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 6:02 am

Yes, you're right, Greenskin - midfielders should at least be supplementing the gaols from the front-men. Like others, I'm just underwhelmed. Let's hope we are getting a top man in whatsisname.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 6:07 am

Weren't the centrebacks and midfielders often the leading scorers under Sturrock mk 1 ?

Oh I forgot, Fletch is producing the beautiful passing game. Look out Arsene !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 6:10 am

I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, this guy hasn't been playing regularly for quite a while so will he be getting matchfit for the first 3 or 4 games?

Also, if he is swashbuckling, is that the type of midfielder we need right now?

And finally, what do you think the director of this video is trying to say to the viewer? Has he put a modern slant on an old classic?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 6:21 am

Tringreen wrote:
Weren't the centrebacks and midfielders often the leading scorers under Sturrock mk 1 ?Oh I forgot, Fletch is producing the beautiful passing game. Look out Arsene !

They were.I would say that 2001/2 was probably unique in football league history in that Argyle finished with over 100 points with a centre back [Coughlin] as top scorer.A midfielder [Daveeed] was TS when we won the next league up in 2004-happy days,eh.I see Luggy's team have scored 4 goals in their last 2 away matches.He certainly seems to have cracked it in this division.Anyway,just watching the Rumble in the jungle on ESPN.I shall complete watching this exquisite nostalgia,then a few pints to further ruminate about times past,i fancy.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 6:28 am

Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Weren't the centrebacks and midfielders often the leading scorers under Sturrock mk 1 ?Oh I forgot, Fletch is producing the beautiful passing game. Look out Arsene !

They were.I would say that 2001/2 was probably unique in football league history in that Argyle finished with over 100 points with a centre back [Coughlin] as top scorer.A midfielder [Daveeed] was TS when we won the next league up in 2004-happy days,eh.I see Luggy's team have scored 4 goals in their last 2 away matches.He certainly seems to have cracked it in this division.Anyway,just watching the Rumble in the jungle on ESPN.I shall complete watching this exquisite nostalgia,then a few pints to further ruminate about times past,i fancy.

Ruminate a few for me too, my dear old thing. drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 6:46 am

Perhaps Fletcher decided he needed someone to whip the team into shape & thought he was signing Max Mosley Smile
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 7:06 am

Bert Large wrote:
Perhaps Fletcher decided he needed someone to whip the team into shape & thought he was signing Max Mosley Smile

Could be.Or,if the away shirt is changed to black in the next week,we'll know it may be Oswald Mosley.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)   Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan) Empty

Back to top Go down

Loan Deadline (Mark Molesley Signs on Month Loan)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next