Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spot the significance.....not a trick question !

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Spot the significance.....not a trick question ! Empty
PostSubject: Spot the significance.....not a trick question !   Spot the significance.....not a trick question ! EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 3:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Spot the significance.....not a trick question !   Spot the significance.....not a trick question ! EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 3:31 pm

As I say not a trick question but just £12 comes into it............
Most of us are from Plymouth
Money I cant say anymore lol

Ok one more....Terry Wogan
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Spot the significance.....not a trick question !   Spot the significance.....not a trick question ! EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 3:40 pm

The seller won the lottery a few years ago?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Spot the significance.....not a trick question !   Spot the significance.....not a trick question ! EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 3:50 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
The seller won the lottery a few years ago?

Yep well done.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Spot the significance.....not a trick question !   Spot the significance.....not a trick question ! EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 3:52 pm

Part of his winnings he opened a pine shop in the Armada centre but it collapsed after about a year
I see his adverts for 2nd hand furniture often on FB sales Groups
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Spot the significance.....not a trick question !   Spot the significance.....not a trick question ! EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 4:00 pm

Just googled him. Won £2.8 million, money lasted 10 years and his marriage to a topless model lasted 12-weeks.

Found this about lottery winners in and around Plymouth...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I remembered the name. There have been a few big winners who you remember like him, the lotto lout Michael Carroll and Lee Ryan the ex con.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Spot the significance.....not a trick question !   Spot the significance.....not a trick question ! EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 8:08 am

I knew him back in the day, good antiques dealer and he had a pine stripping place down in Hoegate St near the barbican. The "glamour model" was some tart who got her tits out to everybody bar poor Mike. She was an out and out gold digger and fleeced him good and proper.He lost loads of money on the music industry (sort of) I'm pretty sure he bought the Cooperage but he backed a band from Plymouth who were proper old school and he built a recording studio and none of it took off. The stories of him losing all his money were a bit fabricated as he was getting loads of requests for a few grand here and a few grand there, he had done a lot of his money but I would imagine he's still quite comfortable.
Not sure if it's a sad story he had a ball while it lasted and his biggest fault was believing in people who weren't as honest as he was. I always had time for him.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Spot the significance.....not a trick question !   Spot the significance.....not a trick question ! EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 10:10 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I knew him back in the day, good antiques dealer and he had a pine stripping place down in Hoegate St near the barbican. The "glamour model" was some tart who got her tits out to everybody bar poor Mike. She was an out and out gold digger and fleeced him good and proper.He lost loads of money on the music industry (sort of) I'm pretty sure he bought the Cooperage but he backed a band from Plymouth who were proper old school and he built a recording studio and none of it took off. The stories of him losing all his money were a bit fabricated as he was getting loads of requests for a few grand here and a few grand there, he had done a lot of his money but I would imagine he's still quite comfortable.
Not sure if it's a sad story he had a ball while it lasted and his biggest fault was believing in people who weren't as honest as he was. I always had time for him.

She got breast implants and a house out of him, he did buy the Cooperage.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Spot the significance.....not a trick question !   Spot the significance.....not a trick question ! EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 4:17 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

She got breast implants and a house out of him, he did buy the Cooperage.

Yes they were quite pneumatic. He used to drive around town in a Silver soft top Mercedes of the era with her complete with fedora and Cuban Cigar looking and smiling like JR Ewing
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Spot the significance.....not a trick question !   Spot the significance.....not a trick question ! EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 4:37 pm

How much were average terrace houses back in 1995  ??
Depending on area of course but half decent ones £65,000  ??   Everything easy with hindsight as Reddit investors have found out today over short squeezes on Wall St that not only do stocks go up in a straight line lol they come back down likewise

Say Antonucci had bought 10 houses (jump in Ears here) imagine one the capital increase in value over the next 25 years even allowing for CGT at some point plus of course the rental income each month

Set up for life
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Spot the significance.....not a trick question !   Spot the significance.....not a trick question ! EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 9:17 pm

But he didn’t he pissed his money up the wall and on new tits for the girlfriend.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Spot the significance.....not a trick question !   Spot the significance.....not a trick question ! EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 4:38 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
But he didn’t he pissed his money up the wall and on new tits for the girlfriend.

New Titties couldnt have run more than £5k even in this country back in 1995
Even whoppers

£2.8 million in 1995 is the equivalant of £4.85 million today (apparently) how the hell do you burn through all that. Perhaps he didnt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spot the significance.....not a trick question !   Spot the significance.....not a trick question ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Spot the significance.....not a trick question !
Page 1 of 1