The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jephcott's Hat-Trick

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Jephcott's Hat-Trick Empty
PostSubject: Jephcott's Hat-Trick   Jephcott's Hat-Trick EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 12:43 pm

LUKE Jephcott has completed a superb January hat-trick, having won the prestigious EFL Young Player of the Month award.

It is 'Jephers' third award following his Sky Bet and PFA Bristol Street Motors awards for the League Two Player of the Month.

The young forward has had an impressive start to 2020 after having been recalled from his loan spell at Truro City. Since settling back into life at Home Park, he has certainly grasped the opportunity afforded to him, scoring five goals.

Four of those goals came in the form of two successive braces, firstly away to Scunthorpe on January 4, netting his first professional goals in a 3-1 win. He then repeated the feat seven days later at Carlisle’s Brunton Park in another heavy away win.

He rounded off the month with his first on home soil, a bullet header after coming off the bench against Crawley Town.

“It’s a bit surreal really, it’s the first time I’ve ever won something as big as this," said Luke. "I’m grateful to all the fans that voted, obviously my teammates who helped me get this award and the staff here."

Argyle media
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott's Hat-Trick   Jephcott's Hat-Trick EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 1:04 pm

Honeymoons over Jephers score a brace next game or prepare to receive my wrath. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott's Hat-Trick   Jephcott's Hat-Trick EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 3:35 pm

Scoring the winner in the 94th minute against Crewe would enhance his reputation, oh I forgot we have supersub Hardie for that.
Be interesting to see if RL plays Jephers on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott's Hat-Trick   Jephcott's Hat-Trick EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 4:38 pm

Been a good spell for Jephers and congrats to him but only Argo could present him to the fans as a new signing.  He's not finding it so easy now opponents are aware of him and I think we'll regret not going for an experienced poacher. When I say 'we', I mean the supporters, not so sure those upstairs care too much.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott's Hat-Trick   Jephcott's Hat-Trick EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 4:45 pm

I totally agree Coxide, so if RL is a very good up and coming manager he will realise why he probably shouldn't play Jephers tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott's Hat-Trick   Jephcott's Hat-Trick EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 6:50 pm

akagreengull wrote:
I totally agree Coxide, so if RL is a very good up and coming manager he will realise why he probably shouldn't play Jephers tomorrow.

Unfortunately, aside from Moore he's the best we have right now. Hardie needs to remain as supersub. We needed a poacher like other clubs seem to manage to find.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott's Hat-Trick   Jephcott's Hat-Trick EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 6:51 pm

akagreengull wrote:

he wont be Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott's Hat-Trick   Jephcott's Hat-Trick Empty

Back to top Go down

Jephcott's Hat-Trick
Page 1 of 1