Tgwu
Earwegoagain
Mook
Czarcasm
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

George Cooper Signs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper Signs   George Cooper Signs - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 7:05 pm

Angry wrote:
theres a keeper at training today that the kids seem to think is a trialist but i feel its that yts keeper that was on the bench for the forest green game.

plus why would ryan bring in a trialist if he's happy to go with m.cooper and mccormick and looking to bring in a loan keeper.

McCormick has a shoulder injury, looking at another keeper as back up
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: George Cooper Signs   George Cooper Signs - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 7:39 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Shocked at the three year deal but also pleased about it, Lowe should have seen enough of him to formulate an opinion about him by now I think it's a good signing with protection from poaching clubs with the 3 year deal at least well get a few quid if anyone wants him. Agree about the left wing back Cooper would be wasted unless he's allowed to get in and around the strikers.

Our key players should be on those 3 year deals for that very reason. We lost out literally millions due to key players being allowed to walk free at the end of their contracts cause no one at argyle thought it best to cash in on them if they weren't going to stay over the years. We could see that happen again with Mayor at the end of the current season.

At least this dea protects the club better so if george does attract serious interest or wants to leave after 2 seasons.

It does work both ways though. We paid Ryan Taylor relatively big money to lie in the physios room for two years. When you are offering two or three years deals at our level, you have to be sure they are worth it. In this case for Cooper, it does look like a great signing.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: George Cooper Signs   George Cooper Signs - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 8:07 pm

Rumour on twitter is that the keeper is Sol Brynn from Middlesbrough. He doesn't have a wiki page, and does not appear to have played any league games. 19 year old.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: George Cooper Signs   George Cooper Signs - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 8:09 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
theres a keeper at training today that the kids seem to think is a trialist but i feel its that yts keeper that was on the bench for the forest green game.

plus why would ryan bring in a trialist if he's happy to go with m.cooper and mccormick and looking to bring in a loan keeper.

Two keepers is not enough these days

that is true 3 is usually the number squads have and i tend to be a fan off that. 2 keepers competing for the top spot and a 3rd usually being a young keeper fresh from yts still learning the trade after usually plays in reserves or a seasoned pro who does coaching in the academy system.

In our case we have a young keeper who is competing for the top spot after paying his dues and a seasoned pro who isnt coaching in the academy who is also in the running for the top spot too... so with ryan looking at a 3rd keeper to cover luke's injury however bad it is i would normally assume that would be a loan signing and not another keeper looking to be number 1 as there is no way hes going to keeper 3 keepers wanting that spot happy..

the player in question that was seen at training is rumoured to be Kieran O'hara ex man utd keeper was at burton last season and a current rep of ireland international. So
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: George Cooper Signs   George Cooper Signs - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 8:11 pm

Alan Nixon has linked us with Jack Ruddy (not Jon) who was previously at Wolves and Bury. Just been released by Legannes.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: George Cooper Signs   George Cooper Signs - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 8:16 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Rumour on twitter is that the keeper is Sol Brynn from Middlesbrough. He doesn't have a wiki page, and does not appear to have played any league games. 19 year old.

im hearing kieran o'hara after looking at his mugshot and that of the photo on twitter its a pretty close identification
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: George Cooper Signs   George Cooper Signs - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 5:46 am

It would somewhat annoying after all the quality outfield players we've signed that we end up with a sub standard keeper in Cooper.
He's pretty much on a hiding to nothing after Palmer last season. Dont think I'm the only one who is not entirely happy. Maybe Ryan Lowe is.

I can see a fit Luke playing a lot of games this season and he sure as hell wont let us down. Can hardly believe it was 10 years ago that we were sat side by side in a medical centre in a compound. Got a lot of time for him obviously. There but for the grace of god.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: George Cooper Signs   George Cooper Signs - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 8:39 am

Jack Ruddy it is.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: George Cooper Signs   George Cooper Signs - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 3:31 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Jack Ruddy it is.

Guess who he used to play for?

BURY!

Who'd have thought it!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: George Cooper Signs   George Cooper Signs - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 5:37 pm

Another one of his Bury mates 😮
Just put on another thread Alex Palmer just signed for Lincoln on a season long loan ..how the F#%K we let that happen ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: George Cooper Signs   George Cooper Signs - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 5:41 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Just put on another thread Alex Palmer just signed for Lincoln on a season long loan ..how the F#%K we let that happen ?

Simply because his parent club wanted him to go to a different club.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: George Cooper Signs   George Cooper Signs - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 6:14 pm

Graiser wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

i think what you mean his parent club thought little ole Lincoln were a better option to us even though he had a good season here don’t make sense
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: George Cooper Signs   George Cooper Signs - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 6:24 pm

Perhaps West Brom thought Palmer wouldn't have much to do, playing behind the Argyle defence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: George Cooper Signs   George Cooper Signs - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 7:01 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Graiser wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

i think what you mean his parent club thought little ole Lincoln were a better option to us even though he had a good season here don’t make sense

I know what I meant alright, you just prefer to believe Lowe fecked up—but he didn’t.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: George Cooper Signs   George Cooper Signs - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 8:07 pm

Graiser wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Graiser wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

I know what I meant alright, you just prefer to believe Lowe fecked up—but he didn’t.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to be honest. First off I thought Palmer was wanted by his parent club, then I also wondered whether he'd had interest from way higher up the ladder and then he signs for Lincoln! I'm wondering if it was Palmer who didn't want to come back here, doesn't have to be anything to do with Lowe, maybe he's had a bad experience with a girl or a row with a team mate. With his season for us we must have wanted him. It's a big loss to be sure let's hope the other lad is as good.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: George Cooper Signs   George Cooper Signs - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 9:02 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Graiser wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

It doesn't make a lot of sense to be honest. First off I thought Palmer was wanted by his parent club, then I also wondered whether he'd had interest from way higher up the ladder and then he signs for Lincoln! I'm wondering if it was Palmer who didn't want to come back here, doesn't have to be anything to do with Lowe, maybe he's had a bad experience with a girl or a row with a team mate. With his season for us we must have wanted him. It's a big loss to be sure let's hope the other lad is as good.

"Bad experience with a girl"

Never thought I'd call you out Earwegoagain, but isn't that a bit sexist? For all you know, he might be into non-traditional relationships!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: George Cooper Signs   George Cooper Signs - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 10:06 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Graiser wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

"Bad experience with a girl"

Never thought I'd call you out Earwegoagain, but isn't that a bit sexist? For all you know, he might be into non-traditional relationships!

Fook me Groveys gone woke on us.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: George Cooper Signs   George Cooper Signs - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 5:42 am

Careful you'll have Lee Jameson rearing his head in disgust.......

Bull Shit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: George Cooper Signs   George Cooper Signs - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

George Cooper Signs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2