RegGreen
Tgwu
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 4:07 pm

DESPITE speculation regarding the future of Argyle loanee George Cooper, manager Ryan Lowe is keen to take his time before deciding on the future of the talented playmaker.

Cooper, 23, joined the Pilgrims from Sky Bet League One Peterborough United on a season-long loan, with a clause which allows Argyle to buy Cooper from January onwards. Lowe, though, feels he is unlikely to activate that trigger in the January transfer window – but did not rule out a move in the summer.

“The relationship I have with George, I brought him in and he did fantastic for four games, got a little bit fatigued so dropped out for a bit, and now he’s back performing at the level we know he can do,” said Lowe.

Speculation was renewed by Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony on Twitter earlier in the week, with the club’s owner stating that the Greens’ option to buy expired on January 17.

“I haven’t had that conversation with my owner [Simon Hallett] to see if I’ve got money to spend,” said Lowe. “I’ll have to have a look at the contract – I know there’s an option to buy, but I don’t think it’s January 17, I think it’s the end of the season.”

As far as the Argyle manager is concerned, any decision on Cooper’s future will need to be taken in conjunction with George himself – although he has no doubt that ‘Coops’ would be interested in making a permanent Home Park move.

“That will be a decision we make at the end of the season,” said Ryan. “We have to give George that decision at the end of the season, too. At the moment, he’s a League One player, and has the potential to play higher – so it’s where he wants to find his new home.

“I think he would love to stay here, he’s already expressed that, but it’s how much they [Peterborough United] want for him, also. We haven’t got millions of pounds to spend. If they do a deal where we can sign at the end of the season, we’d be open to that.”

Argyle media
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 5:42 pm

We haven’t got millions surely super si the America investment company guy could rumble up 50 Large from his americian investors if he wanted to that’s all his worth Cooper 50 large top whack
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 5:51 pm

He looks the kind of player that could get PAFC back to the Championship - over to Si and RL.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 7:42 pm

akagreengull wrote:
He looks the kind of player that could get PAFC  back to the Championship - over to Si and RL.
indeed GG....so we will see how long pa halletts pockets are really are or how short his arms are Very Happy
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 8:43 pm

RegGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
He looks the kind of player that could get PAFC  back to the Championship - over to Si and RL.
indeed GG....so we will see how long pa halletts pockets are really are or how short his arms are Very Happy
Yep, agree, I know he has forked out 8m or so on the Mankover but he clearly is seriously minted compared to the shyster.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 8:48 pm

Hallett will fork out for property and hospitality facilities but not players. We'll have the finest dining in the fourth division for many years to come.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 8:56 pm

Freathy wrote:
Hallett will fork out for property and hospitality facilities but not players.  We'll have the finest dining in the fourth division for many years to come.

What a load of utter crap.  If that's all he was interested in, he'd have bought a hotel.

You seem to forget...   Unlike you, he is still a fan of the team and actually watches it.  He has a vested interest in how good the players are!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 9:28 pm

Cooper has periods where he’s great, but he also has patches where he’s actually quite crap. The Rovers game being a case in point. His goal attempts - and he had a shed load of them - weren’t even SW League standard.

It is quite easy to see why Peterborough don’t really fancy him any more.
Back to top Go down

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 10:31 pm

I like George Cooper hope he signs permanent however he really needs to work on his end product as
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 10:48 pm

Rickler wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Hallett will fork out for property and hospitality facilities but not players.  We'll have the finest dining in the fourth division for many years to come.

What a load of utter crap.  If that's all he was interested in, he'd have bought a hotel.

You seem to forget...   Unlike you, he is still a fan of the team and actually watches it.  He has a vested interest in how good the players are!
if that’s the cast if his got a vested interest and a fan like most of us then he must know the teams shit..and couple of players are needed specially someone who can put the ball in the net on a regular basis then..but he had one of them 20 goal season striker..but choosed to sell him to Rotherham for a poxy half a mill when his goals could have got us to L1
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 1:03 am

RegGreen wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Freathy wrote:

if that’s the cast if his got a vested interest and a fan like most of us then he must know the teams shit..and couple of players are needed specially someone who can put the ball in the net on a regular basis then..but he had one of them 20 goal season striker..but choosed to sell him to Rotherham for a poxy half a mill when his goals could have got us to L1

A poxy half mill? Lol. You got that lying down the back of the sofa?

Maybe, Just maybe.. Freddie wanted to go? Had that thought ever crossed your mind? The possibility he didn't want to play in league 2?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 1:21 am

Rickler wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Freathy wrote:

A poxy half mill?  Lol.  You got that lying down the back of the sofa?

Maybe, Just maybe..  Freddie wanted to go?  Had that thought ever crossed your mind?  The possibility he didn't want to play in league 2?
footballers in general are greedy bastards pay em enough money there stay ..bit like owners as well long as there raking it in with little lay out as well like most owners that inclueds super doper si
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 4:16 pm

Tgwu wrote:
DESPITE speculation regarding the future of Argyle loanee George Cooper, manager Ryan Lowe is keen to take his time before deciding on the future of the talented playmaker.

Cooper, 23, joined the Pilgrims from Sky Bet League One Peterborough United on a season-long loan, with a clause which allows Argyle to buy Cooper from January onwards. Lowe, though, feels he is unlikely to activate that trigger in the January transfer window – but did not rule out a move in the summer.

“The relationship I have with George, I brought him in and he did fantastic for four games, got a little bit fatigued so dropped out for a bit, and now he’s back performing at the level we know he can do,” said Lowe.

Speculation was renewed by Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony on Twitter earlier in the week, with the club’s owner stating that the Greens’ option to buy expired on January 17.

“I haven’t had that conversation with my owner [Simon Hallett] to see if I’ve got money to spend,” said Lowe. “I’ll have to have a look at the contract – I know there’s an option to buy, but I don’t think it’s January 17, I think it’s the end of the season.”

As far as the Argyle manager is concerned, any decision on Cooper’s future will need to be taken in conjunction with George himself – although he has no doubt that ‘Coops’ would be interested in making a permanent Home Park move.

“That will be a decision we make at the end of the season,” said Ryan. “We have to give George that decision at the end of the season, too. At the moment, he’s a League One player, and has the potential to play higher – so it’s where he wants to find his new home.

“I think he would love to stay here, he’s already expressed that, but it’s how much they [Peterborough United] want for him, also. We haven’t got millions of pounds to spend. If they do a deal where we can sign at the end of the season, we’d be open to that.”

Argyle media

Who's this talented playmaker you talk of?

The same talented playmaker who spent so much time on the bench at Posh, they thought he was a Magistrate?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 4:38 pm

Like it or not Grovey that is where we are, league fookin two. We either get "good league 2 players" which guess what keep you firmly in league 2 or you get real flairy looking players who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo or else they'd already be playing in the CCC or we get the back from injury loanee to coach back to fitness who if he does get fit and bangs em in will be back to his parent club quicker than you can say "Brent's a cnut". I hate league 2.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 6:59 pm

Ding dong merrily on high.....
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 7:36 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Like it or not Grovey that is where we are, league fookin two. We either get "good league 2 players" which guess what keep you firmly in league 2 or you get real flairy looking players who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo or else they'd already be playing in the CCC or we get the back from injury loanee to coach back to fitness who if he does get fit and bangs em in will be back to his parent club quicker than you can say "Brent's a cnut". I hate league 2.

Or you could have good scouting systems that identify and sign either unappreciated players from other clubs (Delve, Randall, McCall, Castle, Dalton,Evans,Tynan Summerfield, Matthews, for instance) or good young prospects (Hodge, Barron Megson Aleksic, Morrison Mariner etc etc) 

Can anyone remember the last time an ex PAFC player went on to play at a level higher than 3rd or 4th Division.

Why accept being second rate? It's hardly the height of ambition to want to sign players who have already failed to make the grade in the Third Division
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 8:33 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Ding dong merrily on high.....

I'll second that, now on my fourth cooler in the cidet bar drunken
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:12 pm

Locked and thread split by me and the arguments have moved to the site section.

Now unlocked.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:18 pm

Absolute quality player without a doubt, though slightly out of form.
If we take a punt on him in January and get him for the lower estimate, then fine. Buy llt if we dwell on him and he has a surge in form to the end of the season, then I fear we'll be well priced out.
Back to top Go down

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:25 pm

Bob Crow wrote:
If we take a punt on him in January and get him for the lower estimate, then fine. Buy llt if we dwell on him and he has a surge in form to the end of the season, then I fear we'll be well priced out.

if hes out of contract in the summer id try and sign him perm for next season via bosman then hes here till the end of the season anyways.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 1:27 pm

Angry wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:

if hes out of contract in the summer id try and sign him perm for next season via bosman then hes here till the end of the season anyways.

If he has an excellent end to the season, then it could tip his wage demands well over our threshold.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 4:53 pm

We should be looking to sign players of QUALITY, not 3rd/4th division journeymen.

A 25 man squad of average players won't get you into the Championship, at the moment we've only got a few players who are good enough to be considered "first choice for the first team" and one of them is West Brom's 3rd or 4th choice keeper. Even Exeter City have at least one player a season who is chased by CCC or higher teams. The only reason a top club's scout would have for visiting Home Park is to book a venue for a "let's forget football for the day" booze up!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 5:01 pm

Grovehill wrote:
We should be looking to sign players of QUALITY, not 3rd/4th division journeymen.

A 25 man squad of average players won't get you into the Championship, at the moment we've only got a few players who are good enough to be considered "first choice for the first team" and one of them is West Brom's 3rd or 4th choice keeper. Even Exeter City have at least one player a season who is chased by CCC or higher teams. The only reason a top club's scout would have for visiting Home Park is to book a venue for a "let's forget football for the day" booze up!  

Yet we ship out players like Hourihane, Carey Lameiris and Ladapo and wish them all the best. Unless this mindset changes we will forever be lower league feeders. It did set the alarm bells ringing for me regarding Hallett that Carey, Lamieris and Ladapo all wanted to ship out even with him coming onboard with all his millions.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 6:55 pm

At least we got a fee for Hourihane and Lapado-although neither were anywhere near the finished product seeing where they went. The other two were exactly what you have come to expect from Argyle, flashes of good, but no where near good enough to keep a team in the third tier, and even when available for nothing, they end up in minor leagues, rather that a decent (or even half decent) League
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 6:58 pm

Still better than the new boys though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

George Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Cooper   George Cooper Empty

Back to top Go down

George Cooper